Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 02-14-2012, 12:32 PM
King Of LI

Mein Auto: 95 325i sedan
I just bought a 95 325i (my first beamer)

What's up everyone, I just bought my first beamer. A 1995 325i sedan with manual transmission, the car runs perfect and all electronics work. The car has 220,XXX miles on it. A lot of people told me not to get it, and a lot of people said the cars a good deal. I paid $2000 cash for it, what am I in for?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	57
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	312274   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).JPG
Views:	59
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	312275   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	312276  
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Read all the informative stickies at the top of the main E36 forum page. You'll get all the info there. You have lots of things you need to be aware of.

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Unstoppable

Mein Auto: 96 328i
You should go back to the e36 forum section and read the sticky "buying an e36" It holds a lot of information that will be a great deal of help on where to begin. Good looking car man but i would get some oem headlights and upgrade the wheels. It will totally transform your car. Just keep coming here and talking to people and you will learn much, it's working for me.

Thank you god for putting BMW on this planet.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Natasha 95M3

Mein Auto: 95' E36 M3
Your in for a good time with your car and an agonizingly long climb through first and second gear..... =)

Welcome! Clean pics. With the fest check out the stickies man lots of newbe info there. We like to joke a lot here and have a no tolerance for liars. I cant spell and all the others are crazy..

For the car replace your entire cooling system if it hasn't been done recently. 25k miles ish cause if it hasn't, it's about to fall apart and kill your car. Then do a manual swap..
Old 02-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Also, "beamer" = BMW motorcycles.

"Bimmer" = BMW cars.

Just FYI...

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 02-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Natasha 95M3

Mein Auto: 95' E36 M3
why is that? cant we all just get along?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i
I miss mine a lot. Get some nicer rims for it.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:10 PM
King Of LI

Mein Auto: 95 325i sedan
Thanks you guys.

[QUOTE]Read all the informative stickies at the top of the main E36 forum page. You'll get all the info there. You have lots of things you need to be aware of.
/QUOTE] Thanks I been looking at some, the Buying an E36? thread is great. I'm looking forward to enjoying my bimmer for many miles to come.

[QUOTE]You should go back to the e36 forum section and read the sticky "buying an e36" It holds a lot of information that will be a great deal of help on where to begin. Good looking car man but i would get some oem headlights and upgrade the wheels. It will totally transform your car. Just keep coming here and talking to people and you will learn much, it's working for me.
/QUOTE] I like the look of the one piece head lights, and I know just have to save a little more for nice tires. You can't tell from the pics but my side mirrors have blue arrows that flash when I turn on the signals.

[QUOTE]Your in for a good time with your car and an agonizingly long climb through first and second gear..... =)

Welcome! Clean pics. With the fest check out the stickies man lots of newbe info there. We like to joke a lot here and have a no tolerance for liars. I cant spell and all the others are crazy..

For the car replace your entire cooling system if it hasn't been done recently. 25k miles ish cause if it hasn't, it's about to fall apart and kill your car. Then do a manual swap..
/QUOTE]Thanks, finally someone saying i will have fun with it. A lot of people I know keep telling me the parts are really expensive, I have to keep telling them I know that I don't care. So the entire cooling system, and what is a manual swap?

[QUOTE]I miss mine a lot. Get some nicer rims for it.
/QUOTE] Yeah I gotta save a little more for the ones I want...