Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 02-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 95 325i conv
Rear window

Any one knows where can i get a rear plastic window replacement for my car. i have a e36 vert i need to change the rear plastic window which is really nasty..its not the zipper one it s just the stitch on one.i saw a place on ebay where they sell them now i cannot king it.. thanks for your help guys......
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2012, 02:25 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
The 'Vert guys will chip in here, but I'm 95% certain that yes, they were all zip in...

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:32 PM

Rear window plastic..

Any idea where can i get a replacement ordered... by any chance..
Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
http://www.emiata.com/BMW.htm

But confirm with others before buying. I do not now and have never owned a 'vert.

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonujj View Post
Any idea where can i get a replacement ordered... by any chance..
thanks anyway appreciate
Old 02-14-2012, 07:41 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 328ic
I orderd mine from that guy a few years back.. comes with a zipper to zip it in, all you will need is a needle and some thread to sew the end down after you zip it.. be sure to get a friend to help you when you put it in, as its likely you wont line it up right the first or second time you try and will have to unzip it, move over a few teeth on the zipper and start again.. the kit from that guy also comes with the glue you need.. he makes good conv. rear windows.. and even offers them tinted for like 20 bucks more.. he was also selling them on ebay when i bought mine from him..

1999 328ic M-TECH
"only 2 cars in my life have every survived my prolonged lead foot.. a Nissan Maxima and my BMW.."
BEHOLD THE POWER OF 3!!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:01 AM

Do you have the guy s email or ebay address where i can get in touch with..i went on ebay but no luck..also i heard alot about emiata good and bad so i am confused thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 06:37 AM

Mein Auto: 96 328ic
I can't speek from experiance but all the forums I have been in and searched recomend
emiata let us know how you make out
I would like to get another year out of my top but my window is slit in like three places
and it would be good to here how it worked out for you alot about what I have read were old posts and as we all know things do change

All the days you don't drive your BMW you don't get back
Old 02-15-2012, 07:39 AM
D'oh, You kids!

Mein Auto: 1995 318is / 1993 325is
The bad reviews about emiata products are almost all people that had problems installing the window inserts correctly. If you follow their directions and are careful, they apparently work fine (I wouldn't know, since I've never owned a cabrio). Don't blame the manufacturer for operator errors.

Ken Kanne, Silverhill, AL, E36 Forum Mod/Craigslist addict/Hoarder of all sorts of stuff
BMW-CCA #441426
1995 318is "Bebe"; 1993 325is "Elvira" 1985 635CSi "Katja" 1984 633CSi "Sylvia"
HAVE I HAD MY MEDS YET?

Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Cruising 280 Top Down

Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
100% satisfied with emiata. Do the install correctly (may take you a few tries to line it up properly, especially the first time you do it) and you won't be sorry. the material he uses is much better at resisting scratches and is more flexible in colder weather. I've had mine for almost a year and no fade or blurriness yet.

He can be a little quiet on the communications front, but just put in the order and wait a few days for shipping. You won't regret it.

GGC BMW CCA #443004
Join the BMW CCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Jared, why don't you just put "It's Giubo" in your sig? Save a lot of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 miguel View Post
this jared guy sounds intimidating lol.
2005 X5 4.8is Le Mans/Black/6spd Steptragic
1999 M3 Cabrio TiAg Metallic/Dove Grey/Black 5 Speed Manual
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 328iC Schwarz II/K/K 5MT SOLD 5/2012
2004 645Ci Mineral Silver Metallic/Black 6MT RIP 04/2011
Old 02-15-2012, 08:43 PM

Mein Auto: 08 335i, 98 323ic, 05 V50
Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
100% satisfied with emiata. Do the install correctly (may take you a few tries to line it up properly, especially the first time you do it) and you won't be sorry. the material he uses is much better at resisting scratches and is more flexible in colder weather. I've had mine for almost a year and no fade or blurriness yet.

He can be a little quiet on the communications front, but just put in the order and wait a few days for shipping. You won't regret it.
X2...very happy with my replacement widow from Emiata. Just take your time with the install!

Sent from my HTC Droid