Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13' 328i Xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Just got back from the dealer(still not picking it up till this weekend) but was able to get inside and take it for a ride.

328sportline initial impressions

The drive was not long at all, maybe 7-8miles.

Impressions on interior
-sport seats are amazing. So comfortable, just as good if not better than the sport seats in my 335's...could sit in these seats all day long
-didnt pay to much attention to fit and finish of the matierials, but nothing out of the oridnary.
-I was able to find a good comfrtoable seating position using the manual levers.
-I was impressed with the HK ZPS system. I will have to do some tweaking for the equilizer, but def happy i got it(have not checkd out the regualr sound system)
-back seat room was not bad, but not great either, slightly roomier than e90, rear seats were pretty firm.

Exterior styling-
-the car looked great in mineral grey
-i am crazy about gaps in the body panels and everythign looked good and tight
-rear end of the car is awesome looking
-it has the front mount plate, but whatever, most important to me is how the car drives. I will get a euro plate or something

Driving impressions.
-holy ****! the steering is super light in eco and comfort,
-in sport and sport+ the steering felt great, no problems with feel. At low speeds you can feel the electric assist, but thats also nice when you are manuevering in a tight sport or something. At speed there is plenty of feel and feedback in the steering
-N20, very impressed. Noise was not an issue for me, i didnt hear anything that i thought was out of the ordniary. The torque felt great, power was nice(i wasnt ringing it out, its not a demo lol)
-the transmission is great, super fast shifts, i like it. Sport auto is nice to, nice aggressive shift patterns.
-My CA told me my car(328 sport) was more smooth and quiet than the base 328 they got in for demo. (he thought maybe the tires) next...
-tires, i got the contis sport 5...very happy with them, felt soooooo much smoother than the re050 i had in e90.
-handling felt good, there is some size to the car, but it felt lighter and smaller when i was driving it.
-I wasnt getting to agresive but it had good body control(i did not get apdaptive suspension). def stiffer than my base e90 328.[IMG][/IMG]
Does every F30 come with eco and comfort mode that lightens the steering? Or was that a seperate option that you ordered?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edb5020 View Post
Does every F30 come with eco and comfort mode that lightens the steering? Or was that a seperate option that you ordered?
Driving experience control is standard on F30.

It alters suspension as well if you get the Adaptive suspension option.

'02 E46 330i 5MT (ED Sept '02) - SOLD
'12 F30 335i Sport 6MT (ED May '12)
Old 02-16-2012, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
some pics

Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 AM

Mein Auto: '09 335i msport
Justin! Pick up your car already! I'd pitch a tent in the dealers lot until they got all my stuff in order...lol
Old 02-16-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7or8 View Post
Justin! Pick up your car already! I'd pitch a tent in the dealers lot until they got all my stuff in order...lol
Picked it up last night
Old 02-16-2012, 12:19 PM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
More pics! That Mineral Grey looks much more sexy than on the BMW website. I was set on Alpine White, but I may be changing my mind!

I am also waiting for someone to have the balls to admit that they tried ECO mode. Despite the name and the general "enthusiast" vein on this site, I could see it being useful on long, boring highway trips, or in stop and go traffic.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
Congrats on getting the car home finally!

I have talked to a few people who have used the ECO PRO mode on the 328i and were extremely happy with it. We'll be reviewing it on the long term 328i for sure. In fact, we are picking the car up tomorrow morning finally! Look for some updates in the next day or two.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:30 PM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pix335i View Post
Congrats on getting the car home finally!

I have talked to a few people who have used the ECO PRO mode on the 328i and were extremely happy with it. We'll be reviewing it on the long term 328i for sure. In fact, we are picking the car up tomorrow morning finally! Look for some updates in the next day or two.
Awesome! I can't wait. Curiously, I am located in Philly and it looks like the Bimmerfest car was picked up in Morristown, NJ. Where will the testing take place? Any chance of a Saturday afternoon meetup to check out the car in the future?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:35 PM

Mein Auto: '09 335i msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Picked it up last night
Congrats bro! Looking forward to your 100mile review!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
More pics! That Mineral Grey looks much more sexy than on the BMW website. I was set on Alpine White, but I may be changing my mind!

I am also waiting for someone to have the balls to admit that they tried ECO mode. Despite the name and the general "enthusiast" vein on this site, I could see it being useful on long, boring highway trips, or in stop and go traffic.
Mineral is great, just ****ing awesome in person.

And i tried eco mode, not sure how much it will help on the highway but in town its ok. When you just want to chill and get to the grocery store or something, eco mode is fine. There are some adjustemnts you can make in the idrive for eco mode(i havent played with them yet)

There is also a display for eco mode that tells you how many mpg you gained
Old 02-17-2012, 01:11 AM

Mein Auto: '09 328i sedan, '02 525iT
How does the iPhone/iPod integrate withou technology package? Do the songs appear in the screen?
2011 Lexus ES350 (wife's)
Old 02-17-2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soledoc View Post
How does the iPhone/iPod integrate withou technology package? Do the songs appear in the screen?
idk, i didnt get tech package or bluetooth streaming. My CA said just plug the iPod into the car with a white usb cable, but that didnt seem to work, i might need that stupid adapter with teh usb and mini 3.5mm jack on it.