Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:34 PM

Mein Auto: Accord...but an F30 soon
Question F30 ED - How to start negotiating?!? % off??

Hello, everyone! I'm starting the process of testing both the 328 and 335 so I can place my order with all the options I want.

I am going to do ED, but I have NO CLUE how much to take off MSRP . I saw on BMW's website the ED invoice, but I've read that people take 14% off MSRP and 7-9% off the options. I would love it if those prices were correct, but are they?? Also, I'm guessing no one tries to negotiate their destination & handling fee, right?

Thanks in advance from a noob!
Ads by Google
Old 02-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Go to the ED forum, further down. And read the ED wiki. There's an amazing wealth of information there.

Irv Robinson at Motorwerks in Barrington is an ED expert. It's his specialty. He's a forum sponsor and lots of 'festers from all around the country use him. He's known for making fair deals.

Destination charges are not negotiable.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 02-17-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:05 AM

Thanks, tturedraider. I've been reading the forum like crazy, but I do believe I missed that section! Thanks for pointing that out.

Unfortunately, the excel Euro Delivery Pricing calculator doesn't work, and the I cannot find the Confidential Wholesale Price.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Irv Robinson at Motorwerks in Barrington is an ED expert. It's his specialty. He's a forum sponsor and lots of 'festers from all around the country use him. He's known for making fair deals.
I've seen his name pop up when searching for best ED in Chicago. I test drove the 328 at Patrick, but I planned on heading to MW due to his expertise.

Quote:
Destination charges are not negotiable.
Thanks for clarifying that!
Old 02-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2008 View Post
Thanks, tturedraider. I've been reading the forum like crazy, but I do believe I missed that section! Thanks for pointing that out.

Unfortunately, the excel Euro Delivery Pricing calculator doesn't work, and the I cannot find the Confidential Wholesale Price.
The ED price, both MSRP and invoice, is 7% off U.S. prices. It only applies to the base price of the car. There is no discount on options. That's why BMW says you can save "as much as" 7%. If you order a car with no options you save 7%. Add options and the savings percentage goes down.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 02-18-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
The ED price, both MSRP and invoice, is 7% off U.S. prices. It only applies to the base price of the car. There is no discount on options. That's why BMW says you can save "as much as" 7%. If you order a car with no options you save 7%. Add options and the savings percentage goes down.
Someone posted wrong info: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/arc.../t-594882.html

"Try http://bmwconfig.com/BmwConfig/Config.aspx

Also, for a rough calculation ED invoice is base vehicle US MSRP - (US MSRP x .14) plus options at US MSRP - (US MSRP x .07).

So with ED you are saying 14% off the base vehicle US MSRP and 7% off the options at US MSRP?"

I was thinking someone would be insane to not do ED with 14% and 7% off!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:19 AM

Mein Auto: 323ic
Buying out of state?

I like the idea of saving money on a deal, however, worry service locally may not get the same attention if you by pass the local dealer? My personal threshold would be a price difference of 800.00 or more. Any thoughts.

A related buying question is regards leasing. With a purchase you can sell the car and move to something else if dissatisfied enough to lose some dollars. I assume the lease is more restrictive?

Bimmerfest is a great board by the way. F30 review much better than Roundel in my opinion.

Frankom
Old 02-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by e39frank View Post
I like the idea of saving money on a deal, however, worry service locally may not get the same attention if you by pass the local dealer? My personal threshold would be a price difference of 800.00 or more. Any thoughts.

A related buying question is regards leasing. With a purchase you can sell the car and move to something else if dissatisfied enough to lose some dollars. I assume the lease is more restrictive?

Bimmerfest is a great board by the way. F30 review much better than Roundel in my opinion.

Frankom
The service department is separate from sales department.

2013 535i M-Sport, Jet Black/Black Nappa Leather-Premium-Technology-Driver's Assistance-Luxury Seat-Soft Close Doors-Premium Sound-Sport Auto Transmission-35% Ceramic Tint.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:15 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
OP do this:
1) Go to BMWconfig.com and configure the car you want. Choose European delivery from the pull-down menu. This will give you the ED Invoice price. That is what matters in negotiating the sales price.
2) Call the nearest board sponsor. Probably Irv in Chicagoland area.
3) Offer $500 over ED invoice and negotiate from there. I wouldn't go more than $1000 over ED invoice.
4) Start planning your trip.
5) Drive happily ever after.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 02-18-2012, 08:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
OP do this:
1) Go to BMWconfig.com and configure the car you want. Choose European delivery from the pull-down menu. This will give you the ED Invoice price. That is what matters in negotiating the sales price.
2) Call the nearest board sponsor. Probably Irv in Chicagoland area.
3) Offer $500 over ED invoice and negotiate from there. I wouldn't go more than $1000 over ED invoice.
4) Start planning your trip.
5) Drive happily ever after.
I was planning to do $1000 over ED invoice, final offer, no games. Should I start at $500 and work my way up?
Old 02-18-2012, 08:36 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsg1114 View Post
I was planning to do $1000 over ED invoice, final offer, no games. Should I start at $500 and work my way up?
Yes. You can't get what you don't ask for. Most of the sponsors have fairly set deals of $X00 over ED invoice.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 02-18-2012, 08:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
1. Concerns about service are misplaced. BMW pays the servicing dealer for service and warranty repairs for four years on a new car. The dealer doesn't care where or how you got it.
2. When you do price negotiations for an ED transaction, keep in mind that both ED and MSRP are suggested prices. Both are negotiable. But wherever you end up, the ED base price should always have at least that 7% advantage. After all, you have to pick the car up in Europe, and you have to wait for it to be shipped back - after having paid for it up front.
3. There's one additional benefit with ED. If you do a three-year lease with BMWFS, they'll make one lease payment for you. A recognition that you are incurring financing cost while your car is "on the water".
Old 02-18-2012, 09:23 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
You would be well advised to contact board Sponsor Adrian Avila at BMW South Atlanta to get a fair comparison offer to whatever you come up with in Chicagoland.

Consider PDC redelivery in SC to complete what will be an amazing ED experience and completely detach from the new car dealer leash.

Yes, service should not be related to where or how you buy (my experience buying new, ED, and used).

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)
Old 02-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Quote:
You might want to re-read this post. It's extremely unlikely you will save 14%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagu View Post
The service department is separate from sales department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
1. Concerns about service are misplaced. BMW pays the servicing dealer for service and warranty repairs for four years on a new car. The dealer doesn't care where or how you got it.
Service can be a consideration. Quite a few dealers have a policy of only providing loaners to customers who bought their car from that dealership. Loaner policies are entirely up to the individual dealers.

Last edited by tturedraider; 02-18-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:00 PM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
"Service can be a consideration. Quite a few dealers have a policy of only providing loaners to customers who bought their car from that dealership. Loaner policies are entirely up to the individual dealers."

And those dealers are best viewed in the rear view mirror.

Not disputing your point but service is actually what sucked me into the BMW experience initially.

Our local Atlanta dealer overwhelmed us with service including loaners on a 330i that we purchased used but in warranty.

Bought several new cars from them since but not my latest ED.

They service them all the same.

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)

Last edited by laser; 02-18-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-Sport
Quote:

Service can be a consideration. Quite a few dealers have a policy of only providing loaners to customers who bought their car from that dealership. Loaner policies are entirely up to the individual dealers.
I've never had that problem in Atlanta. Any dealer who plays such silly games around here will lose. That kind of policy will probably work in a small market.

2013 535i M-Sport, Jet Black/Black Nappa Leather-Premium-Technology-Driver's Assistance-Luxury Seat-Soft Close Doors-Premium Sound-Sport Auto Transmission-35% Ceramic Tint.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:44 PM

Mein Auto: '10 E90 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagu View Post
I've never had that problem in Atlanta. Any dealer who plays such silly games around here will lose. That kind of policy will probably work in a small market.
It's usually more of an issue in markets where there is only one BMW dealer within 100 miles (eg limited competition). People go to the "big city" to buy the car where there is competition among multiple dealers, then want it serviced locally. Monopoly dealers do not like customers who do this and often will not provide free loaners.

You are fortunate to live in the "big city" (Atlanta) so you have competition among dealerships for both sales and service.

Platinbronze | Oyster/Black | Sport | Premium | iDrive | Logic7 | iPod | Comfort Access | Shades | Folding Seats

Last edited by stan01; 02-18-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:38 PM

Mein Auto: F30
OP go with adrian in Atlanta as someone else just mentioned. I am in process of ordering mines with him, things are going smooth. Adriansbmw@gmail.com he is a board sponsor so you can get his info above. If you tell him you got his info from bimmerfest, and I am sure he will do the best for you.