BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discounts on the F30 328i ?

8K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  fastdriverinca 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a first time BMW buyer and couldn't be more excited ! I've always wanted the BMW 3 Series. I've been checking out the new 328i and have been reading through these forums extensively and have been checking out the dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area.

One question that I have is to those who have bought the 328i recently - were you able to get discounts on the car ? I spoke to a couple of dealers and they are telling me that the car is so new and so limited in supply that they are not discounting. I haven't actually tried to make any offers yet but wanting to fact check that with the community.

Additionally, what's "market adjustment price" ? One dealer wants to add $2,500 on top of their published price for market adjustment.

thanks,

Chris

#2 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm a first time BMW buyer and couldn't be more excited ! I've always wanted the BMW 3 Series. I've been checking out the new 328i and have been reading through these forums extensively and have been checking out the dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area.

One question that I have is to those who have bought the 328i recently - were you able to get discounts on the car ? I spoke to a couple of dealers and they are telling me that the car is so new and so limited in supply that they are not discounting. I haven't actually tried to make any offers yet but wanting to fact check that with the community.

Additionally, what's "market adjustment price" ? One dealer wants to add $2,500 on top of their published price for market adjustment.

thanks,

Chris
:rofl: market adjustment price is a nice way to say bend over and let me take you for another 2,500. Its pure mark up, and profit, and they are waiting for some sucker to bend over. tell them you will only pay 1250 over invoice or walk out, you have to be willing to walk out tho.

I got about 2k off. msrp

If you have to use that dealer(maybe they are closest to your house) get a better quote and ask them to match

#8 ·
Hi everyone,

thanks,

Chris
Are you in Los altos,CA? If so, you should be able to get good discount, there are about 5 dealers within 25 miles radius. 750-1000k over invoice should be the norm for orders

#20 ·
Deals can be had. I got mine for $900 over invoice on a 328 that came in at MSRP of $44,495. Leased it for 3 years/12K miles, $0 down except fees/taxes/plates and first month's payment. MF of .00195. Came out to $566/month lease.

#28 ·
That's exactly my dilemma. My first preference is to buy a custom built F30 but unfortunately I need a car right away. I just moved to the US (from Australia) and living in California, you need a car to get around ! :) So waiting a couple of months for a built to order is not feasible for me.

Jon - thanks for your email, let me get back to you.

#24 ·
I definitely recommend taking Jon up on his offer. I haven't bought from him personally but after my last experience with Santa Barbara BMW I doubt I will ever buy a car from any other place. They got me the exact car I wanted at the best price around (this was after all the local dealers gave me the same BS you're getting now). We just took Amtrak up to SB and they picked us up at the station and took us to the dealer where our car was waiting with a big bow on it. The had just changed ownership that day and we were the first ones to pick up a car from them so we got to do the whole "picture with the new owners" and signing a dollar bill for them.

So amazingly cool.

#37 ·
negotiation strategies

You can visit bmwconfig.com. I was able to negotiate a 5.8% reduction from MSRP on a 2012. Try BMWconfig.com and configure a vehicle with the options you want and see what the invoice is as a reference. I paid about 900 over invoice, which is decent. I have heard that some folks pay 3 or 400 over invoice, but I doubt this on the new 2012 bodystyle. The bottom line is to never believe anything a dealer tells you. Their job is to get you to pay the most and your job is to get the vehicle for the lowest price. Just like when you get a new job and negotiate your salary; the principle is the same. Don't expect it to come easy or quickly, but if you are persistent enough, you will learn when you are getting close to the dealer's bottom line. When you find that deal, take it. Also, keep in mind that getting a fair price is important, you don't have to get the absolutely best deal ever. Determine what options you want versus what you need and then have various dealers quote you on an "apples to apples" comparison, meaning same term, number of miles, same options, color, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.