Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Holden Wagon & Sedan
TPMS Late 2011 Mfg Issue

So today my wife called to tell me she got a low tire message this morning after the X5 had been sitting outside for a couple hours.

I guided her through the iDrive over the phone to figure out which tire and how low. Apparently it doesn't give actual readings per tire which is lame, but she told me all the tires were yellow.

Confused I drove into town to check myself. Sure enough she was right and I was really confused at this point. I dialed up BMW connect to ask which tire was low and they put me into contact which BMW NA who said that for the last ~3 months of 2011 they had "a parts shortage which makes individual tire sensing not work". Of course they directed me to the dealer when I asked about getting this part shortage rectified.

Anyone else run into this yet? Needless to say I'm dissapointed I was not made aware of this "part shortage" and it doesn't appear that they've made any attempt to pre-emptively rectify the situation.

My dealer is going to take the car early next week and try to figure out which part is missing by doing plug in diagnostic and PUMA. I'll keep everyone updated through the thread.

Thoughts?
Jay
Advertisement