Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 M3
Weird First Post

This is my first post on the site and, sadly, it is to ask about the best way to sell my M3.

I do not know what the etiquette is on this site as I did not see a 'For Sale' area and I do not want to post inappropriately so I will simply ask the group their opinion of the best way to sell my car.

Obviously, I have considered Autotrader and Cars.com but my understanding is that the only likely outcome there is a relatively lowball offer from people who may or may not be serious.

Please let me know if you are aware of a site that offers a 'For Sale' area (sort of like Rennlist for P cars) where one is more likely to find enthusiasts who have more appreciation for these great cars.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08M3 View Post
This is my first post on the site and, sadly, it is to ask about the best way to sell my M3.

I do not know what the etiquette is on this site as I did not see a 'For Sale' area and I do not want to post inappropriately so I will simply ask the group their opinion of the best way to sell my car.

Obviously, I have considered Autotrader and Cars.com but my understanding is that the only likely outcome there is a relatively lowball offer from people who may or may not be serious.

Please let me know if you are aware of a site that offers a 'For Sale' area (sort of like Rennlist for P cars) where one is more likely to find enthusiasts who have more appreciation for these great cars.

Thanks in advance.
why you selling?

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 02-22-2012, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the reply...

The M is my second car...we are doing some 'belt tightening' around my house and the second car is the first notch on the belt....
Old 02-27-2012, 02:14 AM
08 335i Sport/ Premium

Mein Auto: 96 M3 (sadly wrecked)
Is it a M3 sedan? White or Silver? With decent options? I'm in the market but live on Oahu. It would be funny that this is my second post and found you selling.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM

ALMOST too good to be true...

Thanks for your post Oahu Wildcat...if I read you correctly, you are looking for a silver or white sedan M3...my car is actually sort of the anti version of that since it is a black coupe...the car is in amazing condition with only 18,000 miles but it is definitely not a white or silver sedan....if you are feeling adventurous and want some pictures let me know...if not, good luck in your search!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:25 PM
08 335i Sport/ Premium

sorry need sedan

I'm looking for M3 sedan. Great mileage on that year so you should have no problems. Good Luck.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Mace

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08M3 View Post
The M is my second car...we are doing some 'belt tightening' around my house and the second car is the first notch on the belt....
I think the correct solution would simply be to renumber your cars and only then get rid of number 2.

YESTERDAY: '08 335i Coupe, Space Gray, Coral Red, Gray Poplar, 6-MT, ED 10 May '08.
TODAY: '11 M3 Convertible, Mineral White, Fox Red, Extended Leather, Carbon Leather, 6-MT, 19" Style 220M Wheels, EDC, EPS, ZP2, ZCV, ZCW. ED 29 Apr '11. PCD Re-delivery July 27.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:31 PM
08 335i Sport/ Premium

@ Mace

How fun is the 335i ? Does it compare to the M3 ? Will I be kicking myself if I got a 335i instead of M3? Appreciate your opinion. Aloha.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:28 AM
Mace

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
I've had both and loved them both. The 335 is Sandra Bullock but the M3 is Angelina Jolie...topless. In all seriousness I really had a blast with my 335, Sandra is absolutely great in every way but then in walks Angelina. What do you do?

You'd think the biggest difference between the cars would be the engine but, in daily driving it's not, it's the suspension. The 335 Coupe with sport package and 19"RFT is a fairly stiff riding car. Not as bad as many people here on Bimmerfest say but still quite firm while the M3 is more compliant and comfortable. Can the M3 corner better? On the track, sure, but in RL? Not so's you'd notice.

As for the engines the twin turbo inline six is a fabulous motor and a blast to drive. It has more HP and Torque than you need and is just as quick as the M3 in day-to-day driving plus there's the rush of the turbos spinning up. Also, its MPG is much better than the M3 (24 vs 17mpg).

The HP and torque on the V8 is just different. You must wind the engine out more (as if that's an unfun thing to do!) to really experience it correctly. There's a redlight followed by a section of slight uphill that I hit on the way home every day that gives me a chance to wind it out to 8k rpm and row the gears. I do this every single day. The way the car accelerates (and sounds) in the upper rev band is just awesome and it's a different experience than the 335. Unfortunently, for most daily drives it just isn't possible to do this that often.

In the end this is a tough choice. The reality of the situation is that both cars are great cars so which do you want? Sandra or Angelina? Either would be awesome but you just know that Sandra would be a bit easier on the wallet but then Angelia is 'da bomb. If you can afford the M3 than I'd definently go with it but I don't think you'd be disappointed at all in the 335.

YESTERDAY: '08 335i Coupe, Space Gray, Coral Red, Gray Poplar, 6-MT, ED 10 May '08.
TODAY: '11 M3 Convertible, Mineral White, Fox Red, Extended Leather, Carbon Leather, 6-MT, 19" Style 220M Wheels, EDC, EPS, ZP2, ZCV, ZCW. ED 29 Apr '11. PCD Re-delivery July 27.

Last edited by Mace14; 02-28-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:43 AM
08 335i Sport/ Premium

@Mace14

Ohhh. 335i sport was a very good car on the test drive. Comfortable and I could see me driving this on daily commute. Then Ms. Jolie (as you stated previously) and I went for a test drive. Totally different, more refined interior and powerful. I didn't get crazy with fast starts or going over 60mph since both test drives were in alot of traffic. Im torn but both my offers were rejected. I'm hoping both cars dont sell soon but in the meantime I will keep looking in our small island marketplace.