Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 03-04-2012, 04:30 PM

Mein Auto: Honda CRV
BMW Apps + Pandora

I'd like Pandora and its tuning options to appear on the tech screen on a 2012 or 2013 X3. I assume that this requires an iPhone.

Is this included in the BMW Apps option and does that option require the expensive navigation option?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Pandora Connectivity is included in BMW apps. It does not require the Tech Package.
The Pandora connectivity is worth the price of BMW apps alone. I also use MOG quite a bit.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 PM

Hi, According to the 2013 pricing guide in the top link of this page, BMW apps (6NR) requires the following: 6NR requires ordering 609 or ZTP. Both 609 and ZTP include the expensive navigation option.

Thus it does seem like the navigation option is required. Unless I'm missing something.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Steele View Post
Hi, According to the 2013 pricing guide in the top link of this page, BMW apps (6NR) requires the following: 6NR requires ordering 609 or ZTP. Both 609 and ZTP include the expensive navigation option.

Thus it does seem like the navigation option is required. Unless I'm missing something.
I stand corrected. I didn't think you needed Nav, but when I tried to configure it on the BMW site, it requires BMW assist and the Navigation system. Sorry
Old 03-05-2012, 06:13 AM

So does the bmw apps display give the same easy to use menu system + cover art that the iPhone Pandora app gives? Are there other features / reasons to add the navigation system apart from having navigation and Pandora? Thanks!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 528i
Quote:
So does the bmw apps display give the same easy to use menu system + cover art that the iPhone Pandora app gives? Are there other features / reasons to add the navigation system apart from having navigation and Pandora? Thanks!
You get an idrive like interface to pandora allowing u to thumb up/down, change stations, etc. I find it easy to use. On an x3 I think the ou other advantage of nav is that u get a bigger screen.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X3 build 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325 View Post
You get an idrive like interface to pandora allowing u to thumb up/down, change stations, etc. I find it easy to use. On an x3 I think the ou other advantage of nav is that u get a bigger screen.

Can one voice command the radio to search for Pandora by saying, "search pandora"
Old 04-09-2012, 11:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
In addition to the items you mentioned above, I also went with the NAV package to have enhanced GUI display in gauge display, wider screen and backup camera with top-view.

I expect I will be disappointed with the NAV system itself, but it was worth having the other options that come with it. Otherwise I would have skipped it and stuck with my Garmin.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 PM

Mein Auto: 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecidi View Post
Can one voice command the radio to search for Pandora by saying, "search pandora"
Unfortunately voice commands don't work with pandora. One area that fords sync system beats BMW.