Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-03-2012, 06:00 AM
2008 550i M Sport

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Tracking 550xi M-Sport shipment

I noticed a few people posting that they had gone down to the port to see their BMW being unloaded. How can you find out what port, ship and date? All I seem to get for the past week is that it finished production but doesnt say its en route
I've been waiting almost 5 weeks now and the anticipation is killing me.
Ads by Google
Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550xi M-Sport
I would like to know as well. My 550xi started production on Tuesday (2/28) and should be done early next week. Our cars might even be on the same boat.

When did your car start production?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:18 AM
2008 550i M Sport

Mine was ordered Jan 28th and started production around 2/10 and showed on their website as production completed 2/24. It's been in that status the past week and hasnt moved to "en route".

It seems like other folks were somehow able to determine the port it is being shipped to and even which boat and the date it arrives in port. Not sure how they got that level of detail but wish I had it.

When I ordered the car they said 5-6 weeks t usually sooner probably 4 but its already been 5 and it doesn't sound like its even on the ship yet. I'm assuming at least 7-10 days for shipping and getting it transported to the dealership. I suspect they may need 1-2 days to prep and register it.

Let me know if you find any way to track it better.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i xDrive
Call 1-800-831-1117 and get the production status (you'll need the last seven digits of your VIN). It seems to be a little more up to date and can provide more detailed status than the website.

My car was ordered on 1/29, and had a similar production date as yours, but has already reached the US aboard the TURANDOT on 3/1.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:28 AM

Mein Auto: 09 X5 4.8
if it is on a wallenius ship go to

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep//

under customer care go to track and trace enter your VIN number under the cargo id field (box all the way on right) and hit trace.. it will tell you what ship it is on and the ships schedule....in and out of each port...

maresk cargo liners have similar but a lot of us bound bmws are on wallenius ships...

2012 GT 550ix Msport (feb12)(ok early march 12)
09 X5 4.8
12 X3 35i (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster
Old 03-10-2012, 05:10 AM
2008 550i M Sport

Somewhere in the North Atlantic

The ship (BESS) my car is on apparently doesn't report its position once out of AIS range. It left the English Channel last Sunday and is supposed to reach Halifax on Monday and Newark (NY) on Wed. I suspect that AIS will pick up the BESS sometime Sunday as she approaches Halifax.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes for the car to get unload and sent to the deal (only about 45 miles from Newark).

Hoping to pick it up next Friday 3/16 as I dont want ot get it on st Patrick's day Unfortunately need to leave on a business trip to Vegas on Monday so it will be another whole week if not this coming Friday

I also just realized a mistake I made when ordering it. I could have sworn the sales guy said heated front seats were standard. I opted to not get the Cold Weather package since with the M Sport steering wheel I don't believe it can be heated and I rarely have poeple in the back fo rear heated seats. As I look more closely at the specs it looks like heated front seats are different option so I assume I won't have them. I bet it's something they can't add after its already built
Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: 550xi M-Sport
So, it took about a week for your car to make it on a boat after production completed. Is this correct?

Mine finished production on 3/7 and is sitting at a 193 status - Arrived at Port of Exit. I'm hoping that it will make it on to a boat by mid next week!!