Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-06-2012, 12:57 PM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Thats the kind of thinking I try to apply when considering if a used car is worth it.
Yep..see my revised post. I thought of a few other things as well. Particularly interest rate differences between 2011 and 2012.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i M-package
agree

Yep, great points I was unaware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Thats the kind of thinking I try to apply when considering if a used car is worth it.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 PM

Agreed

Agreed, not all CA's are created equal. Great I met you. Saved me a lot of hassle. I wasn't all that happy when I dealt for my X3 in Vista either. I just got sick of wasting time and took the deal. Never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
Esme is not John. John has been with Braman for 15 plus years (I have been a customer for 11 or so of those years). His level of customer service is much, much higher than the average Braman C.A. Also, his ability to get management to give you a good deal is also much better than many of the other C.A.'s there because he carries a pretty big book of clients and he can make management do things the newer C.A.'s cannot. At Braman BMW it is all about who you know and your results vary widely depending on who you know. The GSM of Braman knows me on a first name basis..this helps you. On a side note, it is the big book of clients and length of service as a C.A. that makes the fest sponsors like Adrian Avila able to give fest clients great deals. After owning a fleet of BMW's over the years I have learned that being a C.A. is like having your own brokerage business. No matter where you work, the loyal BMW customer will follow you and that gives the high volume guys the power to get management (most if not all fest sponsors qualify as high volume) to agree to the best deals because management knows that these high volume guys bring in the best BMW buyers (credit qualified repeat buyers).
Old 03-06-2012, 01:23 PM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiliouf View Post
Agreed, not all CA's are created equal. Great I met you. Saved me a lot of hassle. I wasn't all that happy when I dealt for my X3 in Vista either. I just got sick of wasting time and took the deal. Never again.
Glad to help....I try to contribute to the fest community any way I can. I see it as a win win because I help you make connections with guys that will help you today and 10 or 15 years from now. Additionally, I help the C.A.'s get another client in their book and that is how I repay them for their consistent great service and pricing. This is what bimmerfest is all about....
Old 03-06-2012, 01:25 PM

Love it!

Love it!

Quote:
Glad to help....I try to contribute to the fest community any way I can. I see it as a win win because I help you make connections with guys that will help you today and 10 or 15 years from now. Additionally, I help the C.A.'s get another client in their book and that is how I repay them for their consistent great service and pricing. This is what bimmerfest is all about....
Old 03-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
This is the problem with the used F10 market. It's weird.

On one hand, you have a lot of cars in inventory. Cars.com shows 251 2011 535's for sale. And I am sure there are more than that. Manheim (and other) auction values show the values WAY below what most are asking for the car. So you have a log jam. There are a lot of cars in inventory, which should drive prices down. But it hasn't. There are a bunch of cars out there that are way over valued.

However, many, many of them have been sitting for quite some time. Months.

Dealers crack me up. I love how they say "it's not used, it's a demo". Uh, chief, it has mileage on it. It's used. It qualifies for new rates because it was never titled outside the company, however it's not a "new" car. Sorry, I just don't buy it. It's actually WORSE than a "used" car because it doesn't qualify for CPO, and dealers think they're worth "more".

What a crock.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 03-06-2012, 06:09 PM

Put it this way, you could buy an almost identical (packages changed from 2011 to 2012 remember) 535i for about $65k WITHOUT any incentives (BMW loyalty takes $1000 off, current spring incentives are $1,500 and then you belong to BMW CCA so you get your $1,000 check for that, right?).

So figure you're in the car for low $60k.

Would you get a year older car, months less warranty and 5,500 miles to save $3k? Pah.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 03-06-2012, 06:09 PM

prices

Totally agreed. That's more after all the input from all the members here. And thanks to the members, I will probably get a new 535 with similar or the same options. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
This is the problem with the used F10 market. It's weird.

On one hand, you have a lot of cars in inventory. Cars.com shows 251 2011 535's for sale. And I am sure there are more than that. Manheim (and other) auction values show the values WAY below what most are asking for the car. So you have a log jam. There are a lot of cars in inventory, which should drive prices down. But it hasn't. There are a bunch of cars out there that are way over valued.

However, many, many of them have been sitting for quite some time. Months.

Dealers crack me up. I love how they say "it's not used, it's a demo". Uh, chief, it has mileage on it. It's used. It qualifies for new rates because it was never titled outside the company, however it's not a "new" car. Sorry, I just don't buy it. It's actually WORSE than a "used" car because it doesn't qualify for CPO, and dealers think they're worth "more".

What a crock.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:11 PM

yes!

Yes, I know. What I didn't know before you told me is the $1000 more for the BMW CCA, but I am not a member of a BMW CCA at this moment or is there a way around this?. I just found out about the Spring incentive so even better.

Quote:
Put it this way, you could buy an almost identical (packages changed from 2011 to 2012 remember) 535i for about $65k WITHOUT any incentives (BMW loyalty takes $1000 off, current spring incentives are $1,500 and then you belong to BMW CCA so you get your $1,000 check for that, right?).

So figure you're in the car for low $60k.

Would you get a year older car, months less warranty and 5,500 miles to save $3k? Pah.

Last edited by emiliouf; 03-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know. What I didn't know before you told me is the $1500 more for the BMW CCA. I just found out about the Spring incentive so even better.
It's $1,000. And you have to be a member for a year.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:21 PM

missed it

Oh well, guess I will miss that one. Too bad.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 550ix M-Sport/Din S2
Way too much. Last December, several area dealerships were selling demo 2011 535 x-drives ALL with at least $11,000 discount over MSRP. Mileage varied from 4,500 to 8,000 miles. A friend purchased one, got me interested in a demo. Then I realized that the car value depreciated by one-year on the dealer's black book, meaning a drop of at least 20%. I decided to go new.

Many, but not all, demo cars are heavily abused mechanical prostitutes disguished as new cars. Some can even be old, like last year's model and sold as new only because the car was never registered with the State. I would suggest researching used 2011 535's selling prices. Chances are that a one-owner used vehicle probably was not heavily abused, however, it is just as probable that it could be a lemon since the owner did not keep it long. If you are lucky, you might find a repossessed, one-owner, 535 being sold as a demo. Many times, the dealer will not give you specific backgrounds on demo vehicles. For the money being spent, there are way too many concerns going down any of these paths (my opinion.)

Last edited by Detrick; 03-07-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Hmm...I think you are little high. I would say OP is on the money at 52k. OP keep in mind this...for 2012 the preimum package is effectively standard and the 2012 premium package has alot of what was in the 2011 premium 2 package. My point is this....would you order the car with all of these options? If not then build a 2012 with just what you want and see how much it is. It may be pretty close to the 59k asking price on this car....if it is just order a new one. Unless this car is certified, which we know it is not, I do not think it is worth a dime over 52-53k. Also, Ft. Lauderdale BMW does not have the greatest reputation lately. If you want this car tread carefully....I know another fester who tried to buy from this dealer and did not have a good experience. He ended up buying from my contact at Braman West Palm.....
The car is not new. Most banks that I deal with consider any car with more than 5k miles a used car. I was just looking at a demo which has more than 5k miles and the dealer told me it was considered a new car since it was never titled. Bank said nope its a used car and i could only qualify for the used car rate. I would see what the trade in value is or auction value and start $1500 up from there. Else you are overpaying.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:40 PM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Exclamation

As I posted earlier 2011 550 heavily loaded not fully
Saw it at long beach BMW today.....with no red tag special in window as it had last week.
Looks like it's taking sometime to move yet there now advertising it back at msrp $72,500
Maybe a marketing thing to get people interested.
I know they wouldn't do 60k on a lease two weeks ago
52k is gonna be tough for your deal.
From what I know.....financially it just doesn't make sence and plus the bank has a say in all this. Its probaly not a sound deal for the bank?
Finance guy won't budge if the bank don't likey
Good luck...well keep our fingers crossed for ya.
Ps I went to la in Eco mode in my Msport 535 looked like above 30miles per gallon for the entire trip
Loving this car longtime!

Last edited by 5seriesHB; 03-07-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:32 AM

can't wait

Can't wait til I get mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
As I posted earlier 2011 550 heavily loaded not fully
Saw it at long beach BMW today.....with no red tag special in window as it had last week.
Looks like it's taking sometime to move yet there now advertising it back at msrp $72,500
Maybe a marketing thing to get people interested.
I know they wouldn't do 60k on a lease two weeks ago
52k is gonna be tough for your deal.
From what I know.....financially it just doesn't make sence and plus the bank has a say in all this. Its probaly not a sound deal for the bank?
Finance guy won't budge if the bank don't likey
Good luck...well keep our fingers crossed for ya.
Ps I went to la in Eco mode in my Msport 535 looked like above 30miles per gallon for the entire trip
Loving this car longtime!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i GT
Just picked up a 2011 535i GT in Tampa

White with Black interior
Executive non titled==2.9% 72 months
10,700 miles
Conv
Sport
Nav
Cold Weather
Power rear shade
Prem Sound
Rear Camera
It did take me 1.5 months of looking all over to find it.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:47 PM

How did you get 2.9% for 72 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skime219 View Post
White with Black interior
Executive non titled==2.9% 72 months
10,700 miles
Conv
Sport
Nav
Cold Weather
Power rear shade
Prem Sound
Rear Camera
It did take me 1.5 months of looking all over to find it.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
How did you get 2.9% for 72 months?
I'm guessing he qualified for 1.9% for 60 months?/ Just a guess
Old 03-09-2012, 05:25 AM

BMW running special financing on 2011 thru the end of Feb. Not sure if they re-did it or not.
Sweet deal on the rate, HAD to take advantage of it.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:35 AM

Cool. Just asked since I thought 2.9 for 36 months was the best you could get. Congrats on a great rate.
Quote:
BMW running special financing on 2011 thru the end of Feb. Not sure if they re-did it or not.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
That is some damn good financing.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 AM

Rates

Rates were:
0% for 36 months
1.9% for 60 months
2.9% for 72 Months

Tried to get them to refi my house but a no go.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:08 AM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:
Yes...those are some nice rates for leftover 2011 models but no other incentives. I did not realize there was rate support for 2011 models still.

Quote:
Cool. Just asked since I thought 2.9 for 36 months was the best you could get. Congrats on a great rate.
You are looking at a 2012 so yes..that is correct for 2012.

Quote:
That is some damn good financing.
Yes...I got 1.9 for 72 on mine. It was awesome.

Quote:
Rates were:
0% for 36 months
1.9% for 60 months
2.9% for 72 Months

Tried to get them to refi my house but a no go.
Nice you got that rate, but you have a 535iGT. Are those rates available on regular 535i sedans? Just wonder if that is a GT only special.

Last edited by Alpine300ZHP; 03-09-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:43 AM

The car you wanted at the price you wanted and a great rate. Congrats!
I am going to go with a new one now and take a great price and the incentives at 2.9%.

Quote:
Yes...those are some nice rates for leftover 2011 models but no other incentives. I did not realize there was rate support for 2011 models still.

You are looking at a 2012 so yes..that is correct for 2012.

Yes...I got 1.9 for 72 on mine. It was awesome.

Nice you got that rate, but you have a 535iGT. Are those rates available on regular 535i sedans? Just wonder if that is a GT only special.