Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
First Dents

Washing the car today I noticed three distinct dents in my hood. Likely from a recent windstorm knocking small branches down from the trees. Off to the dent doctor tomorrow morning. I think the hood is aluminum if I'm not mistaken. Should be interesting to see the fix. Anyone else had a ding in the hood fixed?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
Washing the car today I noticed three distinct dents in my hood. Likely from a recent windstorm knocking small branches down from the trees. Off to the dent doctor tomorrow morning. I think the hood is aluminum if I'm not mistaken. Should be interesting to see the fix. Anyone else had a ding in the hood fixed?
I had an '02 C-Class that got about 30 dings from a bizarre hail storm we had -- it was unbelievable to see and hear the hail come down. At that time I went to Dent Wizard who did a great job on the hood, roof and trunk. You never knew any damage had occurred. Your 3 small dings should be no big deal -- good luck!

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 03-11-2012, 07:24 PM

I've had that done too on my 07. It does come out great. I'm wondering if the aluminum hood will prove to be a challenge?
Old 03-12-2012, 04:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535 xdrive, 2003 Z4
I've had it done on my 11. IF you have a good technician and there is no paint damage, you're likely to never notice it again. However, it is aluminum and if you don't have an experienced tech, they can make a mess. I also have a Z4 which has an aluminum hood. Someone worked on it and it ended up looking like a golf ball in the area which was worked on. Tons of dimples which required a body shop to repair.

Cliff....make sure that you ensure that the tech servicing your car has experience with aluminum.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:23 AM

Fixed

There were four dents and some scuffs. The hood is aluminum so it takes someone who has worked with it before. They did a perfect job and buffed and polished the affected areas. I used the Dent Doctor in Toronto. I have been using them for over 10 years - excellent work.