Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011-AW 535i Cinimon Int
First Service Coming Up--any suggestions on what to get the Dealer to check?

I am about 3 weeks away from my first scheduled service and looking for any input on any dealer bulletins I might not be aware of ? Other than my seatbelt not retracking properly, no real issues...EXCEPT the infamous hesitation off the start which I want them to check if my software was upgraded or not. I drive my car in sport mode all the time which helps a bit ,but if I dont, it does hesititate off the start

If anyone could save me the agony of reading through all the threads and give me the dealer work order numbers so I can just tell them what I mean about the hestitation that would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Artic White
Cinnamon Interior
M-Appearence Package
Technology Package
Executive Package
20 inch 311 Wheels
20 inch Michelin Pilot Super Sports
255/35/20 / 285/30/20
Ads by Google
Old 03-12-2012, 12:16 PM

Mein Auto: v8 tt
Ralph,

routine maintenance would be just oil change. optional maintenace would be: dealer will look up your vin # and see if your car needs the latest software update. If you do, then dealer will perform. As for tsbs & recalls, even if you dig thru all these threads, your service advisor will only do them if your vin # has been flagged by BMW Canada. Believe me, I had done the same and my dealer responded back by saying if your vin # is not flagged to do the tsbs and recalls, they will not do.

Lastly, don't let them wash your car ... their rags are filthy. Ha ha.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 PM

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Ralph,

routine maintenance would be just oil change. optional maintenace would be: dealer will look up your vin # and see if your car needs the latest software update. If you do, then dealer will perform. As for tsbs & recalls, even if you dig thru all these threads, your service advisor will only do them if your vin # has been flagged by BMW Canada. Believe me, I had done the same and my dealer responded back by saying if your vin # is not flagged to do the tsbs and recalls, they will not do.

I don't think this is optional. They should be doing it no matter what IMO. Whenever I bring my car into the dealer, my SA always checks my key with BMW's database for any pending TSBs, software updates, recalls, etc
Old 03-12-2012, 12:24 PM

Bobble, I almost had a heart attack at Mississauga BMW, they have a drive through car wash in the back with Brushes...I had gone to replace a scratched rim after I took delivery of my car (small but I am kind of Anal) I asked how much longer before it was ready and they responded its going through the car wash now...I froze, ran to the back and stopped them..then I saw my worst nightmare a automatic carwash

My car is only washed by hand, which is on Dufferin South of Lawrence, where the guys know me and they change the water and rags when I come in..(must be the fruit cups I bring them) or Autobahn up on Langstaff...and of course I enjoy washing it on my own when weather permits
Artic White
Cinnamon Interior
M-Appearence Package
Technology Package
Executive Package
20 inch 311 Wheels
255/35/20 / 285/30/20
Old 03-12-2012, 12:34 PM

OMG. Brushes car wash ... I would have freaked if I saw it.

Yep. I had mine washed the 1st time it was serviced @ BMW Toronto. There was a foot long scratch at the bottom of the door and I filed my complaint but nothing was done to compensate me because no evidence it was their error.

'AutoUnion' - I know software update should NOT be optional. The problem is the dealer has the final say, at least where I serviced my car (annual service visit). I was told software update is only needed if my car is flagged for one. Since my car was functioning without any issues, I let the software update matter slides for now.

Last edited by bobblehead; 03-12-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:43 PM

Mein Auto: E92 335i
@TOPVIEW
You need to understand it from a procedural point of view. It has to be described in a way so that the technition reading the Repair Order can find it.

Customer States Problem: Delayed/Hesitation throttle response when driving off.

*** Suggestion***
I would just keep it simple and tell them the above. If you start going into a long winded story about jerky transmission, throttle tip in, turbo lag and SIB numbers, the SA is going to look at you like you need therapy. A lot of people go into the service departments with print outs of forums and this does little to help your cause. Techs look for simple solutions, keep it simple. Don't go there and tell them you need SIB 12 09 11. Go there and say, I have "Delayed/Hesitation throttle response when driving off."
Old 03-12-2012, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
Sure - I've always stick put A4 paper to the center console "PLEASE DO NOT WASH"

Also about the update - if everything works fine - do not touch it.
In my car I had some delays when closing door using comfort access - and now it's gone, BUT now every second time car doesn't remember mirror position for my wife's fob..
And this is much more annoying.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
OMG. Brushes car wash ... I would have freaked if I saw it.
Yep, exactly.
In BMW Mississauga the receptionist girl is nice and knowledgeable as brick.
I stated several times "do not car wash", put that in the work order, put the paper in the car, and then when I've asked where is my car? - it will be soon, sir, now it is in the car wash. WHAT?? WTF??????

Thank's God she just didn't know what she was talking about (that's pretty normal, eh..) and just throws some words to the customers to "keep them busy". Yes, my car wasn't washed, it just was staying at the back and the girl was too lazy to raise up her butt and find out. (that's normal again, eh..)

Now when I have to go to dealer - I wash the car thoroughly before that - I hope this gives me more chances not to have it washed..
Old 03-12-2012, 04:46 PM

Hey, I do the same. I put up a piece of paper, taped close to the navi screen with the same words.

I guess we are getting way too attach to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesterk View Post
Yep, exactly.
In BMW Mississauga the receptionist girl is nice and knowledgeable as brick.
I stated several times "do not car wash", put that in the work order, put the paper in the car, and then when I've asked where is my car? - it will be soon, sir, now it is in the car wash. WHAT?? WTF??????

Thank's God she just didn't know what she was talking about (that's pretty normal, eh..) and just throws some words to the customers to "keep them busy". Yes, my car wasn't washed, it just was staying at the back and the girl was too lazy to raise up her butt and find out. (that's normal again, eh..)

Now when I have to go to dealer - I wash the car thoroughly before that - I hope this gives me more chances not to have it washed..
Old 03-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Paint polishing expert

Mein Auto: 2011 335is
IMO letting your SA know that his/her rating will be poor if your car is washed should get the point across. Of course 10-15 signs taped to the inside of the windows and as noted above the NAV never hurts either.

Bryan Burnworth

Mine-2011 335is SGM

Hers-12 535i GT DSMB/Cinnamon Welt 1/31/2012

Kelleners Hamburg Graphite Silver Metallic 19x8.5/9.5 Michelin PS A/S+ Gloss to the max by me.

99 740il-sold 52k-157k
94 540ia-sold 98k-155k
93 740il-sold 92k-147k
Old 03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Top view :

Love to see a pic of ur car with those 20's

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 03-13-2012, 04:46 AM

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...358&highlight=

See post # 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
Top view :

Love to see a pic of ur car with those 20's
Old 03-13-2012, 09:13 AM

Thanks Bobble...cant wait to put them back on the 14 day outlook for Toronto is very promising, so I am thinking next Saturday if the 14 days outlook is still promising, summer wheels are going back on....
Artic White
Cinnamon Interior
M-Appearence Package
Technology Package
Executive Package
20 inch 311 Wheels
255/35/20 / 285/30/20

Last edited by TOPVIEW; 03-13-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:43 AM

^ when are you taking it to the track to test out those PSS ?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 AM

That would be fun, the owner of our company actually races in Formula 1200, Formula 1600 and just picked up at F2000 and he gets out to Mosport a few times a summer plus a couple of other local tracks, so you never know.....but I am a drag racing fan first and all other motorsports come after..so maybe Cayuga or St Thomas and see what this car can do....then again, not sure I want to abuse it.....too much anyway....

Time will tell I guess, you had yours out?
Artic White
Cinnamon Interior
M-Appearence Package
Technology Package
Executive Package
20 inch 311 Wheels
255/35/20 / 285/30/20