Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:13 PM

Mein Auto: E30 - E46
2012 Moonstone Metallic E92 M3 (from BMW Welt)

So I was back to Munich for yet another business trip. Got bored and rented an M3 for the weekend and drove on the Alpine Road (highly recommended!). Here are a few pictures of the car. Fully loaded E92 Moonstone/Black/CF/DCT.

Most Moonstone's I've seen in pictures are usually MINT. Well this is what it looks like when it's filthy:

All I can say is that it's an absolutely stunning color. Combine that with the CF roof and you've got one of the most beautiful E92's I've ever seen. Winter wheels and all.
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Rocket Scientist

Mein Auto: 2010 M3 and 2011 135i
Yeah, being able to rent these from the Welt is great, especially since Sixt doesn't rent them during the winter months. Not a bad deal either.

I rented on at the start of February and drove through Bad-Tolz to Kochel am See and Mittenwald then back at 140 mph on the A95. Saw snow and sunshine with temperatures from 5 deg F to maybe 15 deg F.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Huh. Is it sort of light light green? Must be better in person I'm just not getting it.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
by mint i think he means pristine. OP how much does this cost to rent?

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 03-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
Ah so - You could be right lol

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Rakete View Post
Yeah, being able to rent these from the Welt is great, especially since Sixt doesn't rent them during the winter months. Not a bad deal either.

I rented on at the start of February and drove through Bad-Tolz to Kochel am See and Mittenwald then back at 140 mph on the A95. Saw snow and sunshine with temperatures from 5 deg F to maybe 15 deg F.
Sixt is much better value for money, but they don't have as interesting cars as the M3 during the winter. I remember driving around the same area as you, absolutely beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
It's 40 Euros an hour. And you pay 4 hours max during the day (9AM - 6PM) and 2 hours (6PM- 9AM). But of course you can drive it for an hour if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
Ah so - You could be right lol
You had me confused for a second!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 E92 335i
You rented another M3. Very cool.

Any pics of the inside. I suppose black with piano black?

I'll be in Germany in late May/ early June. Will rent one for a day.

- 2010 335i coupe (Monaco Blue, Cream Beige Leather, Gray Poplar, Sport package, etc.)
- 2013 M3 coupe on order (July production)
Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
You rented another M3. Very cool.

Any pics of the inside. I suppose black with piano black?

I'll be in Germany in late May/ early June. Will rent one for a day.
It was pretty fun, although since it was -15C outside, I really couldn't push the car much. Here were the specs of the car:

Moonstone/Black/Piano Black Trim/DCT/Full option

Definitely rent the M3! You'll have a blast!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Fire Orange BMW M3
bmwwvt08, do you mean you rented directly from BMW at their BMW Welt facility? Can anyone just go there to rent a car? If not there, do you have a link to the place you did rent from?

I just bought a 2010 M3 last week and love it. My wife and I are going to Germany this summer and I would love to drive an M3 on the autobahns for a day or two. I used to live in Germany and know the roads pretty well.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by rotorheadbob; 03-13-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:19 PM

Found it on the BMW Welt site under BMW on Demand. But I don't understand the rates.

When they say you pay for 4 hours day and 2 hours evening, does that mean you are renting the car for 24 hours? or does that mean that you can rent the car for 4 hours max during the day or 2 hours max over night.

Sorry, but it's a bit confusing to me.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorheadbob View Post
Found it on the BMW Welt site under BMW on Demand. But I don't understand the rates.

When they say you pay for 4 hours day and 2 hours evening, does that mean you are renting the car for 24 hours? or does that mean that you can rent the car for 4 hours max during the day or 2 hours max over night.

Sorry, but it's a bit confusing to me.
That is correct. If you want to rent the car for 24 hours (ie 9AM to 9AM the next day), you pay 6 hours. In an M3, that would be 6 hours x 40 Euros = 240 Euros. I've done it from Saturday morning until Sunday evening (with that Moonstone car actually). Plenty of time to explore the backroads of Germany!

Let me know if that clears things up
Old 03-14-2012, 03:25 AM

bmwvt08,

Thanks. I tried to reserve a car for my July trip, but it appears that one can only reserve about 30 days out.

How did you like the tires and rims? I think I want an all weather set of tires for the colder, harsher weather days.

Rob
Old 03-14-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorheadbob View Post
bmwvt08,

Thanks. I tried to reserve a car for my July trip, but it appears that one can only reserve about 30 days out.

How did you like the tires and rims? I think I want an all weather set of tires for the colder, harsher weather days.

Rob
That's correct, you can only go 30 days ahead of time. Make sure that the exact day you plan to rent (30 days ahead of that day that is), go ahead and book. They fill up quick.

You don't have a choice what rims comes with the car. To be honest, I wasn't that interested in pushing an 80k Euro car in -15C weather. By July, I'm sure the weather will be really nice though