Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Exterior

Exterior
Bumpers, body panels, mirrors, moldings, trim, etc...

Old 02-26-2012, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650i black conv
2 x E63/E64 Front Grills - BMW 650i / 645ci / M6 (E63 / E64)

When I bought my 2007 BMW 650i used (E64), it had a slightly damaged front bumper although the previous owner had "no idea how it happened". Well after living with it for almost 9 months, my new bumper is being installed next week

I mention the above, because it is what lead me to own a small collection of front grills for my car. Now I have too many...

THESE ARE SOLD I've got a factory set of chrome grills - they aren't perfect though. One has a slight ripple in the chrome and the other has a rub spot from the "no idea what happened" incident. I've tried to capture everything the best I could in the attached pictures. The left grill has the chrome ripple and 1 1/2 broken clips. The right grill has 1/2 of a broken clip. All damaged clips are on the bottom - the 4 clips on the top are perfect. Of course, they still function completely great - they are firmly attached to my car right now and not going anywhere unless you forcibly remove them. Run them as they are or buy them to take apart and play with (maybe paint them a different color). $35 shipped continental US.

The other set are brand new and were matte black to start with. They have been painted gloss black (not professionally). To be honest, they are not perfect but close. Unless you are completley anal and a perfectionist, you wouldn't notice. They look great, but I've just decided to run the standard chrome grills for the time being. $100 shipped continental US.

I'll ship them UPS (or USPS Priority) as soon as the PayPal money hits my account.

Thanks, Corey

Chrome grills are shown below. "Ripple" shown on middle picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2456.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	313918   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2457.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	313919   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2463.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	313920  

Last edited by Kansas Corey; 03-02-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 02-26-2012, 03:45 PM

Don't you just love my damaged bumper shown in the 3rd picture? Soon to be fixed though

Here are the pictures of the Gloss Black grills
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2464.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	313971   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2469.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	313972   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2465.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	313973  

Last edited by Kansas Corey; 02-26-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Quick bump - chrome OEM grills are gone

Still have the gloss black ones
Old 03-14-2012, 04:02 PM

So both of these are now gone

BUT... I do have one last pair of kidney grills that were originally matte black that have now been sanded down for paint. Unfortunately there is 1 (or possibly 2 - can't remember right this second) and the body shop won't spend their time painting damaged parts...

I would be happy with them painted and installed on my car - a broken clip is not going to cause these to fall out, but they are a "high quality" shop and weren't interested in finishing the job. To each his own...

I'm thinking $50 shipped. These are very smooth and ready for paint!