Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 03-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 M3, 12 335xDrive
Z ED pricing

Would someone mind PMing me the invoice pricing for the Zeds? We are looking at doing another Euro Delivery early summer and I'd rather work from invoice up rather than the vague 13-14% off MSRP. Probably look at offering my dealer $500 over invoice like we did with the 328xi.

The wife will be going form an '08 E92 M3 DCT to the Z with DCT as well. Need to decide between the "i" and "is".

While looking in the boot, my wife stated, "looks like there's not gonna be any room for YOUR clothes". At least this time we won't be trapsing through Germany and Italy with 3 suitcases!!! I'm loving the car already.

Last edited by wdlfbio; 03-03-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 03-03-2012, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i, 2006 525xi
That info can be found on www.edmunds,.com. Just click "new cars" and input a Z4. shows invoice and MSRP.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/12, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black leather, 6 MT, ///M Sport, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Comfort Access, LED Angel Eyes, BMWPedals pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side marker, powder coated calipers, Extra Enjoyment Package
Old 03-03-2012, 11:56 PM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlfbio View Post

While looking in the boot, my wife stated, "looks like there's not gonna be any room for YOUR clothes". At least this time we won't be trapsing through Germany and Italy with 3 suitcases!!!
We took some luggage with us to test fit before ordering.

With the cargo partition down, we were able to fit one American-sized roll-aboard bag and one smaller European-sized carry-on. There was a small amount of space left in the 'safe area' under the partition.

More would fit with the partition up, but then you can't lower the top.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i, 2011 Z4 35is
Quote:
Would someone mind PMing me the invoice pricing for the Zeds? We are looking at doing another Euro Delivery early summer and I'd rather work from invoice up rather than the vague 13-14% off MSRP. Probably look at offering my dealer $500 over invoice like we did with the 328xi.
Here is my suggestion:
Use the 13-14% of MSRP, edmounds.com, cars.com, and the configurator at BmwConfig.com to estimate the invoice price. Use it as a guide to decide what options you want (from a price point of view), then contact your dealer and offer them $500.00-$1000.00 above invoice (no $ amount), and ask them to get a printout of the invoice for your configuration. I have found that most dealers will be happy to do that for you (or I won't deal with them)

Even better, deal with one of the board sponsors, they all seem to be willing to deal with you very transparently. Head over to
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20
where you will find most of the active board sponsors, and also a good place to ask these type of questions.

Good luck.

Last edited by bjarne; 03-04-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Chairman of the Bored

Mein Auto: 2013 650i Coupe
ED invoice is 7% less than U.S. invoice on the car only, not the options. You can get U.S. invoice from edmunds.

2012 328i Coupe
2013 650i Coupe ( retired for Porsche 911 )
Old 03-06-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjarne View Post
Even better, deal with one of the board sponsors, they all seem to be willing to deal with you very transparently. Head over to
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20
where you will find most of the active board sponsors, and also a good place to ask these type of questions.

Good luck.
Thanks. I didn't think of actually just telling my CA "I'll pay $XXX.xx over invoice and here's what I want", then let him pull the invoice for us.

This is bimmer #4 through him. #2 was the M and he literally did a full search and found that Long Beach, CA had the car we wanted, gave us all the info on that car, and said it would be a better deal for us to just go directly through Long Beach than to include his dealership. So, I have no doubt he'll bring up the true invoice costs. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM

Done deal on a 34is. $700 over. Pickup date is 4 June at 0910 . Alpine white with the extended walnut leather.

We got 4-5" of snow today, so she fit on perfectly here...
Old 03-14-2012, 08:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i, 2011 Z4 35is
Quote:
Done deal on a 34is. $700 over. Pickup date is 4 June at 0910 . Alpine white with the extended walnut leather.

We got 4-5" of snow today, so she fit on perfectly here...
Sounds like a great color combination, congrats. And a good deal too.

You did make sure that the invoice printout was for ED, right?

And you should of course do a sanity check against edmounds and bmwcofig.com.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:07 PM

Yup. Everything but the 19s and BMW APPs (I can code the combobox later) for under $66k, then a $1,000 rebate for financing through BMW Financial. Time to order the luggage and wind screen
Old 03-15-2012, 02:15 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Good choice!!

Are you getting fitted luggage?

Have you seen these:

http://www.carsuitcases.com/Roadster...ggage-BMW.html
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.

Last edited by Andrew*Debbie; 03-15-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 AM

Those are the ones. I emailed Rene yesterday inquiring about price and discount as a forum member, based on a recommendation from the zpost folks.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i, 2006 525xi
Those are excellent bags. I've had mine for 2 years and they fit the trunk perfectly. Good choice.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/12, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black leather, 6 MT, ///M Sport, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Comfort Access, LED Angel Eyes, BMWPedals pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side marker, powder coated calipers, Extra Enjoyment Package