Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-17-2012, 01:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 550i
Blackberry Question

I'm having some issues with phone calls that on the surface look like a BB car integration issue - wanted to see if anybody else on the forum had similar issues as part of the process of elimination.

The symptom is that the car display acts as if the call has dropped (basically the radio comes back on the speakers), however, the phone says "connected", but no audio is available on the handset - it appears as if the phone thinks the car still has control for audio - speaker. And - the phone won't hang up - pressing the end button on the steering wheel or the phone gets no result - the phone still says connected.

It's very possible this has nothing to do with the car, it's either a handset glitch, or maybe something having to do with the AT&T network (which has been terrible in my part of town for the past month). Just wondering if anybody has seen something similar.

Using a BB Torch 9810.
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
I use the Same BB, but haven't experienced this issue. The only time something like this happens is when you are outside of the car, the car is on, and your phone inadvertently connects to the car via bluetooth - you can't hear through the handset. But inside the car, once I have hung up, the phone is released.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:46 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
I use my BB 9630 Tour in my 535i all the time, no issues. In my previous E90, I once had to reboot the BB for it to work properly -- I think it did something similar to what you're talking about, don't remember for sure. Take out the battery while the BB is on, wait about 10 seconds and put the battery back in. This will force a cold reboot and may fix your issue.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 03-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 50i M Sport
I have a Bold 9900 and works flawlessly
Old 03-17-2012, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 550i
After playing with it some more, looks like it's a problem with the handset. Issues are most noticable when the phone is linked with the car, but occur off and on when the car is turned off. Good news is the car is fine, bad news is I gotta stand in line at AT&T.

Anybody remember back when we didn't screw with gadgets the whole damn day?

Thanks for all the replies...