Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 01-06-2004, 11:55 AM
high end, son

Send a message via ICQ to ssabripo Send a message via AIM to ssabripo
Mein Auto: 2002 330ci OB/Blk
Angry Great! car is 6 weeks old and it's back to 2nd repair!

Same problem again, so it's back to the dealer and they are contacting BMW engineering to find out what is going on.... I get the following error:

"SELFLEVEL SUSP. INACT"

__________________________________________________ ____
e90 M3, Interlagos Blue / Bamboo, Competition, Premium, Technology, DCT, iPod, Sunroof, ED.
Ads by Google
Old 01-06-2004, 05:23 PM
stop staring at me swan

Mein Auto: E90 335
What happened last time you brought it in?
Old 01-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Depends on my mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo
Same problem again, so it's back to the dealer and they are contacting BMW engineering to find out what is going on.... I get the following error:

"SELFLEVEL SUSP. INACT"

I was expecting some free car washes that come with warranty break-down repairs, but I only took advantage of it once in 4 months

I got the BMW expecting it to break down every other week, but for some reason it didn't happen. Just make sure you get a BMW loaner and you'll be fine
Old 01-08-2004, 01:09 AM
UNKNOWN

Send a message via AIM to JJK-E46
Mein Auto: '99 328i, '02 Pathfinder
Quote:

"SELFLEVEL SUSP. INACT"

Hope they can get it fixed ASAP. BTW- i remember you from fanatics board. I sold my E46 for a 2001 X5 3.0.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:58 AM
high end, son

*****UPDATE*****

BMW field engineer cannot fix problem, yet, and thus, they are looking at every possibility, including putting me in anothe car, buying the car back, etc!

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought three cars from BMW in 2 years, brought 5 other relatives/friends to buy there in the same time as well, so they better get this thing right and make me happy, or I will move my business elsewhere!!

$60k+ car, and 600 miles, and it has been taken apart already, and out of comission going on 18-20 days.

e90 M3, Interlagos Blue / Bamboo, Competition, Premium, Technology, DCT, iPod, Sunroof, ED.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:29 AM
high end, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK
Why is this not acceptible? They're giving you a new car and buying this one back. It's the extend in which ANYONE is responsible for a defective product.

it's unacceptable for two very good reasons:

1. it's not a done deal that they will give me a new car...they may end up just giving me market price (ie, a car with 1000 miles or whatever); if that's the case, I gotta cough up money again to get a new one. HOW THE HECK IS THIS FAIR? I buy a brand new car, and they can't repair and obvious manufacturing defect, thus I may have to put more money to get an equivalent replacement......fairly obvious!

2. Even if they did buy the car back, I would be without a car until the new one arrives (8-12 weeks later). Thus, I have to rent or borrow or whatever, until they new one comes in...thus, draggin my 2 month old newborn around in some rental or crappy car I may borrow from a relative....unsafe, and still money out of pocket.

Any other wise comments you wanna share? I'm sure if it was you that was in my shoes, you would be upset as well, so spare me the drama

Old 01-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535i
Quote:
*****UPDATE*****

BMW field engineer cannot fix problem, yet, and thus, they are looking at every possibility, including putting me in anothe car, buying the car back, etc!

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought three cars from BMW in 2 years, brought 5 other relatives/friends to buy there in the same time as well, so they better get this thing right and make me happy, or I will move my business elsewhere!!

$60k+ car, and 600 miles, and it has been taken apart already, and out of comission going on 18-20 days.
Hopefully, they'll just end up buying that X5 back and giving you the option
of getting a brand new X5 that "works" or a FULL refund. I know that I would
be extremely p*ssed if my brand new car breaks down even before the break-
in period is over. Good Luck!!

BOW TO BMW
Old 02-23-2004, 06:59 AM

Mein Auto: MULTIPLE BMW'S
self-leveling message

Quote:

"SELFLEVEL SUSP. INACT"

have the dealership check to make sure it is out of transportation mode.