Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 02-19-2004, 03:00 PM

Mein Auto: 323i
X3 prices?

I'm wondering what others paid for their X3....

My dealer is offering me $1500 off the sticker $38,670. Is this good deal?

Thanks for any opinions!
Ads by Google
Old 02-19-2004, 03:19 PM
superwagon pilot

Send a message via Yahoo to Josh (PA)
Mein Auto: 99 M3c, 03 M5, 11 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by NP

Thanks for any opinions!
My parents got $3300 off MSRP on their 3.0 they ordered last week. They, along with me, are repeat customers to the same saleman at our dealership, so we have a good relationship there. Interestingly, our salesman mentioned their X3 was the first one he has sold. I thought they'd be moving a little faster than that.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330xi
I believe the X3 is a solid SUV and offers a lot of bang for the buck. Simply compare it to the E46 and you will see you get a similar package at a similar price. But that's where the similarities end.

The E46 represents a long history of performance oriented sedans. In fact, BMW more or less invented the category. So when we see the new G35 or new caddy, they are trying to steal market-share from the industry standard, the BMW E46.

So here comes the X3- a great SUV as stated above. And compared to the E46, its in the same price range. But the X3 is not the market leader or the industry standard SUV, it is trying to play catch up in a mature industry.

Remember when the Ford Explorer first came out? They could more or less charge whatever they wanted and people were lining up to buy one. The X3 is going after the same market in which Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Honda, GMC, Dodge, Lexus and Landrover all have strong roots in.

It will be a difficult sell for BMW to move as many X3 as they originally planned.

So why is the X5 such a hot seller? Simple answer, they were among the first line of luxury SUV's to hit the market and now they are considered to be a standard for the industry.
1997 TJ Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited Sahara
Old 02-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Traffic Surgeon

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP~89 325is~88 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NP

Thanks for any opinions!
Considering it's a brand new model, yes. Although depending on dealer location and the law of supply and demand, you might find better deals elsewhere. Example: a southen dealer with a fleet of X3's will probably deal more than a northern dealer with the same fleet would.

What model/options are you looking at?
Old 02-19-2004, 04:27 PM

Mein Auto: 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris330Ci
Considering it's a brand new model, yes. Although depending on dealer location and the law of supply and demand, you might find better deals elsewhere. Example: a southen dealer with a fleet of X3's will probably deal more than a northern dealer with the same fleet would.

What model/options are you looking at?
$37,170 will get me a white 2.5i, premium package, leather, automatic, xenon lights and privacy glass.

My requirements were the 2.5i, prem pkg, auto and privacy glass. This configuration is already in transport.

Thanks again!
Old 02-24-2004, 06:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NP

Thanks for any opinions!
Well, let's see. A well-equipped X3 3.0 goes for, ooh, $62k in the UK. Which is why (a) I think that's a fantastic deal and (b) only the worst suckers will be furthering BMW GB's greedy cause by actually buying one.