Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-20-2011, 04:42 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
Do I need a Y Cable for my Iphone?

Hi everyone. I just got my first BMW on Saturday (a 335i) and love it. But I have a question about the Iphone integration. I thought that I was going to need to get a Y Cable to use the Iphone. But I just plugged my normal Iphone charger into the USB port and seem to have full IPhone integration. I can see the music, choose songs, playlists, etc. And when playing I can see the song info and album cover on the car display.

So am I missing something by not having the Y Cable? Does it add some extra functionality that I'm missing with the regular cable?
Ads by Google
Old 04-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335i M-Sport
What year is your car? If it is a post September 2010 build (2011 3 Series) with the combox, then NO, you don't need the Y cable.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335d Le Mans Blue/Black
If you see the album art that tells me you have post September 2010 build, which means you do not need the y cable to play from your iphone/ipod.
E90 335d - Le Mans Blue, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Trim, M-Sport Package w/ Paddles, Premium Package, Navigation, Heated Front Seats, Split Fold Down Rear Seats, Smartphone Integration, Comfort Access, Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System. Ipod/USB Integration, Satellite Radio, Anti-Theft Alarm

Delivery: March 07, 2011. My European Delivery Car Photos Dropoff in Geneva: March 09, 2011 - Geneva
Redelivery: May 13, 2011
Old 04-21-2011, 01:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljlin View Post
If you see the album art that tells me you have post September 2010 build, which means you do not need the y cable to play from your iphone/ipod.
Only applicable with the navigation system. For post September 2010 builds you only need the Apple usb cord.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
2012 328i

Hello,

I am looking for some guidance. I just received my 2012 328i from Germany (didn't go through a dealer) For whatever reason it was not built with a "Combox"

I was told by a few dealers and toll free numbers that you can not put a combox into the car now that it has been completed and shipped to the USA.

I find it hard to believe that it is "NOT POSSIBLE" to update the system and add a Combox. I really want to use BMW apps and all of the great features that this enables.

Does anyone know if there are ways to have this added or something added that will give the functionality that I am looking for???

Thanks for any responses in advance.
-Scott