Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 Fire Orange BMW M3
Window Tinting Near Columbia Maryland

I just bought a used 2010 M3 with low miles. I know, I need to get pictures posted...

The car came with tinted windows, but I had to have the tinting removed so the car would pass inspection. Don't ask! It cost me $100 to have the window tinting removed.

I want to get the windows tinted again. I'm told that 35 is the maximum I can go in Maryland and be legal. I'll assume that's true.

Question is, what place would you recommend? I heard of Performance Tinting, but don't know anything about them. According to their website, they offer three grades of tinting, one with a metal in the tint. I know I don't want that. I have the comfort access and a Nav system, and, of course, a cell phone. I heard the metal based tint will interfere with one or all of them.

They have a medium grade that will cost about $220. This tint uses the SunTek Carbon tinting. The higher grade uses Huper Optik Ceramic tinting which costs about $380.

Does anyone have an opinion about either of the two higher grade tints good or bad? If neither is a good choice, are there recommendations for a shop or a brand of window tinting?

Are the windows tinting kits specific to a model of car? I'm guessing yes as they need to fit the windows exactly. If not, are they cut to fit? If yes to the cutting, are there dangers to the interior of the car?

How about to the heating element in the back window? Any one have comments on that?

TIA.

Rob
Ads by Google
Old 04-06-2012, 12:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3 3.0
Take it to the BMW dealer its around $250. I went back and forth for weeks trying to figure out what direction to go with tint. My research all pointed towards the logical conclusion that the dealer should do the tint since they tint BMWs all day long and unlike your run of the mill tint shop they are familiar with comfort access. I got mine tinted about 3 days ago from the dealer and couldn't be happier.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3 3.0
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1333738964.422008.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	320012