Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 X5 4.8
lex
its a good deal if you loved the car pull the trigger!!!!!! you should see if your dealer has a 5 series sedan with and without dh just to know its value... i love my GT and i don't know that i would without it....

i feel the same way about HUD as you do about blindspot detection..

good luck
mp

2012 GT 550ix Msport (feb12)(ok early march 12)
09 X5 4.8
12 X3 35i (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster
Old 04-05-2012, 10:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive
Thanks for the feedback mp! Last weekend my local dealership was able to find a GT with my desired options and a lil more on the boat destined for the U.S. Since it is the right color with the right options, I pulled the trigger and put down a deposit. The GT is scheduled to arrive in CA around the 18th and should hit the PNW 7 days later. In this area GTs are scarce as I was only able to find 2 in a 500 mile radius and one isn't xDrive, which is a must have, and neither have Drivers Assist which is another must have packages.

Since I have never driven a BMW with DH i don't know what I am missing. My fear is that once I experience it, I know me, it will too become a must have and I will be back at square one! :-)

Decisions Decisions
Old 04-06-2012, 06:13 AM

lex
the numbers are good and if you are happy with the car as is pull the trigger and start enjoying the ride...

while there are many gt owners lauding the various options they have or don't have and most of us believe our build is the ONLY way to go...

you will notice there are no unhappy GT owners...
with hud without hud
with DH without DH
M sport, sport or no sport
ETC. ETC. ETC.........

Every GT owners just seems to like their car under optioned over optioned or somewhere in between....

GT's just seem to exceed our expectations......

best
mp

09 X5 4.8
12 X3 35i (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster
Old 04-06-2012, 01:51 PM
What's Not to Love??

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi GT MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpress View Post
lex
the numbers are good and if you are happy with the car as is pull the trigger and start enjoying the ride...

while there are many gt owners lauding the various options they have or don't have and most of us believe our build is the ONLY way to go...

you will notice there are no unhappy GT owners...
with hud without hud
with DH without DH
M sport, sport or no sport
ETC. ETC. ETC.........

Every GT owners just seems to like their car under optioned over optioned or somewhere in between....

GT's just seem to exceed our expectations......

best
mp
Well-said mpress!

Lex, I know how you feel right now. You don't have the car yet, you are second-guessing your decision, you wonder if you paid too much..... You are not alone. I had a little anxiety too between putting down a deposit and taking delivery. I remember thinking about how the car was configured, do I really need all of the options, am I paying a fair price, heck, do I really need a new car.

Once you pick up the car, all of those concerns will go away and you will just be so happy you are driving a GT. You will be absolutely thrilled. It's a great car!

I can't wait to see it! Please be sure to post pictures and impressions!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:01 PM

if it makes you feel any better when i built my car i did not nuclide HUD, or side and top view cameras.. trying to keep the price down a little....then over the month waiting for it to go into production i added HUD one week and the cameras the next.. then i must have driven my CA crazy changing he trim from fine line matte to ash glossy and back a few times....

the wait can kill you and if you have a chance to modify its even worse...

and then the day it arrives you get to contemplate all the mods you read about here...

mp

09 X5 4.8
12 X3 35i (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster