Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 750li
Would this configuration be correct to repair the broken sound of a subwoofer?

All speakers are stock. This is a Logic 7 System. Currently the driver-side sub is not working, would this be an appropriate fix?

And to my understanding I can install even more subs in the trunk and connect them to the aftermarket amp or even add some speakers on the gigantic rear deck.
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2012, 05:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 Ex Cop 530d Touring
Hi

Why not determine the cause of the fault? is it the oem 'subwoofer' is blown? is the logic 7 amplifier faulty? have you checked the wiring to the 'subwoofer' isn't chafed or cut ?

Also, spending money on a Cleansweep unit and then on an aftermarket amp just to power one 'subwoofer' is a big waste really. The OEM 'subwoofer' handles very little RMS power. The reason I put the 'subwoofer' in quotes like this is that they're not really very good at all in producing sub bass.

Please do take a look around various car hifi install projects and postings to get more of an idea. Speak to a local reputable car audio dealer as well. If the fault lies with the Logic 7 amp, then you may need to get that fixed. By then connecting all the outputs from the OEM logic 7 amplifier to the cleansweep, you'll then get an as pure signal as you can out. This will be perfect to connect to an aftermarket amplifier(s) and to uprate all the oem speakers to much better performing ones

Cheers, Dennis!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 750li
Hi dennis, I appreciate your post.

But I am asking if this will work. A simple yes or no answer would have sufficed. Yes, it is the Logic 7 amp that is faulty, nothing is wrong with the wiring and nothing is wrong with the subwoofer itself. I also don't need you to give me financial advice by telling me that it's a waste of money. Of course if I am going to be spending close to $500 on a cleansweep and an aftermarket amp I'm also going to install additional subwoofers in the trunk and possibly more speakers in the door panels or headliner. Sorry if I sound frustrated but I've been searching for months on this forum on how to solve what seems to be a simple answer. The ones who have the answer either don't tell you how to do it, are inactive on these boards, or can't formulate an english sentence if their life depended on it.

Thanks anyways, but can anyone actually answer my question?

Last edited by gifsis; 04-05-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 Ex Cop 530d Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by gifsis View Post
would this be an appropriate fix?
Hi,

Your question is quoted - you asked if it's an 'appropriate' fix and my response is based on looking at the complete picture of the issue you are having. You didn't ask for a 'Yes/no' response. I won't add anything else in case it does frustrate you more - it wasn't my intention in any way shape or form to do that.

Cheers, Dennis.