Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 04-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Mein Auto: e36 325i
Black Leather interior questions

So my leather is cracked and worn on the front seats of my 325i 4-door. The rear bottom seat cushion is cracked at the seams, has a couple of small rips, and feels like I could put my finger through the leather since its so dried out. I have looked around and all of the used e36 parts I see are not in much better condition. I guess my question is should I reupholster it all, or does anyone know any good swap parts that I might be able to find for a better price? I have just the basic interior, so I won't miss and heated seats or other niftyness like that if I changed it out. I realize that I'll never find any other model seat for the back besides an e36, so I figure that I'll just hunt for a better replacement, but are there any direct bolti-in replacements for the fronts? Maybe out of a newer BMW of some kind? Seems like black leather should blend pretty well from one interior to another. Has anyone done this on their car?

Last edited by clockworktech; 04-09-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Take a look at http://www.leatherique.com too.

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 White 328iC
Sadly, BMW used very low quality leather on the 3 series cars. It sounds like yours is beyond the restoritave help that can be offered by products like leatherique. I would recommend reuppolstering with higher quality leather, but that would be based on the rest of the interior being in really good contition. (and also not inexpensive)

Least expensive option is seat covers.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 AM

So it looks like getting them upholstered is going to cost more than the car is worth.
Does anyone know an aftermarket replacement or anything from another make and model that fits the front seat bolts and height?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW E36 328i,
E46 seats are a bolt in option.

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! #343!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 AM

Awesome, I'll check it out. Anyone know of any others? Thanks!