Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Joel

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 328i Xdrive
Talking New Here, buying an '09 328i xDrive Sedan

Hello!

I'm new here, I just put down a deposit on a Monaco Blue Metallic CPO 2009 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan. Never considered a car sight-unseen before, but giving it a shot. I am buying this car through the BMW FS College Graduate Program. - As soon as I found out about the program, I looked for a CPO BMW that had everything I wanted. I really wanted navigation, and it was hard to find one with nav and a manual transmission.

This car has slightly more miles on it than I wanted at 57k, however I thought it was a good compromise for the price. My BMW dealer in Buffalo NY bought this car from MA. Said and done with shipping, the car is costing $25.5k.

The car has the following options: 6-spd manual transmission, Monaco Blue/Beige Leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, 17" V-Spoke Wheels, Light Burl Walnut Interior Trim, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, DVD-Based Navigation, High-Definition Radio, Logic 7 Sound, iPod and USB adapter

The car is being shipped early next week. Let me know your thoughts on this deal. I was previously driving a 2007 Saturn AURA XE, so this is a pretty big step up.

My dealer asked me if I would like to buy the maintenance upgrade on this car. Is it worth it? The car has four new tires because of the CPO, but he says brakes may need to be done at some point soon.

I'm pretty stoked! More details as the car gets closer.
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2012, 09:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 328i xdrive
I think I just looked at your car online and it's nice. I don't know if $25k is a good price but that seemed to be a pretty standard asking price for an '09 w/ 50-60k miles.

You should do a search on the extended maintenance and make sure you fully understand how it works - ie it covers the maintenance that the CBS says you need. So oil changes @ 15-18k miles (or annually), various checks and brakes if necessary. I'm not certain but it may make sense if you need brakes and the 60k mile vehicle check soon. I guess it really just depends on the price. Then again, your best bet is probably finding a good indy mechanic that you trust.

Congratulations and good luck...

'11 MDX w/ Tech (hers)

"The good works of my Wayne Foundation require that I stay above the brawl of politics." - Bruce Wayne
Old 04-05-2012, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 328i xDrive
I just bought an '09 328i xDrive CPO sight unseen and it rocks! Has 39k miles, premium package... paid $27.5k
Old 04-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfan View Post
I think I just looked at your car online and it's nice. I don't know if $25k is a good price but that seemed to be a pretty standard asking price for an '09 w/ 50-60k miles.

You should do a search on the extended maintenance and make sure you fully understand how it works - ie it covers the maintenance that the CBS says you need. So oil changes @ 15-18k miles (or annually), various checks and brakes if necessary. I'm not certain but it may make sense if you need brakes and the 60k mile vehicle check soon. I guess it really just depends on the price. Then again, your best bet is probably finding a good indy mechanic that you trust.

Congratulations and good luck...
Thanks! Looking forward to its arrival. Still waiting to make a decision on the maintenance program.

6-spd manual transmission, Monaco Blue Metallic/Beige Leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, 17" V-Spoke Wheels, Light Burl Walnut Interior Trim, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, DVD-Based Navigation, High-Definition Radio, Logic 7 Sound, iPod and USB adapter.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnebit View Post
I just bought an '09 328i xDrive CPO sight unseen and it rocks! Has 39k miles, premium package... paid $27.5k
Sounds awesome! Congratulations!

6-spd manual transmission, Monaco Blue Metallic/Beige Leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, 17" V-Spoke Wheels, Light Burl Walnut Interior Trim, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, DVD-Based Navigation, High-Definition Radio, Logic 7 Sound, iPod and USB adapter.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:56 PM

Mein Auto: E90 330i
Congrats guys. I'm tempted on a daily basis by an '09 328xi sedan for sale near my house. It's a hard thing to drive by!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBimmerfan View Post
Congrats guys. I'm tempted on a daily basis by an '09 328xi sedan for sale near my house. It's a hard thing to drive by!
Do it! I don't know yet, but I would venture to say it's worth it.