Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2012, 10:17 AM
MSport is Best Sport

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 Coupe, Comp, 6mt
The black hole of washer fluid

Got the low washer fluid warning, so I picked up the jumbo jug of washer fluid at Target. Figured out how to pop the hood (in typical german fashion, it makes a nice solid clunk and then scolds you electronically for the hood being ajar).

After marveling at the beauty of an engine (and removing a 1/2 pound of dead leaves) I started pouring the washer fluid. And pouring. And pouring some more. At 1/2 of the jug I stopped to look under the care to see if it was leaking out. Nope. More pouring, and it keeps going in like the car is some sort of crazy washer fluid black hole. I check again- no leaks.

Finally the entire jug is gone. Perplexed at how I needed so much washer fluid (the warning was only up for a week, and I didn't use any fluid after the warning came up), I looked for the tank. Its jammed in a fender well, and its HUGE. Not sure why I would need to carry this much washer fluid- does it have to do with the super long maintenance periods maybe?

2005 BMW M3 Coupe Black/Black 6mt- sold
Ads by Google