Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 04-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: X3 si
Please help 2007 X3 SES light CODE P2402

Hi,

I had a SES light came on last week. I went to the dealer they told me it was the false of the DMTL, further diagnosis a smoke test which costs $330 is required. I just let them erase the code on that day. But it came back on after 3 days.

I understand the DMTL pump runs a kind of purge gas to detect the evaporative emission sytem leak. Even a very slight vapor leakage will cause the circuit change. Is there any possilbe that there is no physical leakage of the tank (fuel system) but the pump itself is broken. Should I ask them to test the pump first? Running a smoke test over the fuel system sounds like a big project.

Any suggestion are highly appreciated!!
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A Gamma Goat

Last edited by usaret; 04-25-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to jdeday
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by motifrs View Post
Hi,

I had a SES light came on last week. I went to the dealer they told me it was the false of the DMTL, further diagnosis a smoke test which costs $330 is required. I just let them erase the code on that day. But it came back on after 3 days.

I understand the DMTL pump runs a kind of purge gas to detect the evaporative emission sytem leak. Even a very slight vapor leakage will cause the circuit change. Is there any possilbe that there is no physical leakage of the tank (fuel system) but the pump itself is broken. Should I ask them to test the pump first? Running a smoke test over the fuel system sounds like a big project.

Any suggestion are highly appreciated!!
Did you get your problem resolved?

I recently had an SES light and my DMTL pump replaced. After a day and 500 miles the light has returned.
2005 X3 3.0, Mystic Blue Metallic, Sand Beige Leather Interior, Birch Grain Light Wood Trim, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Satellite Radio Prep, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Sound, Power Folding Mirrors and NAVIGATION RETROFIT
Old 11-24-2012, 03:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 X3 M-Sport
Could it be the gas cap? What happened?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 X3 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleengin View Post
Could it be the gas cap? What happened?
Resolution?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App