Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:11 AM
<a href="http://www.Ticke

Mein Auto: E92 M3
Lets see a picture of the new Audi

Old 12-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwKbiker View Post
If you were committed to should have told your CA so, and then he may have asked for a deposit.
In the CA's mind another party (your wife) needed to approve the purchase.

PS: Its likely another CA at the dealership found the final buyer, this is normal operating procedures at most dealerships.
A CA needs to close the deal to lock out another CA on a car or even an allocation.
Yep, when I bought my 335 they wanted a $1000 deposit and I said I was still on the fence she said she'd hold it for 5 days free (we had bought cars from her prior), and had I gone in with my cashierís check a day later and someone bought it I'd have blamed my own indecision, not them running a business. Now I did get screwed BAD on resale by the dealer management, and while that will hurt me doing business with them ever again, I chalk it up to being my fault.

Looking at things logically and rationally even if it costs money or you lose a deal still should provide satisfaction in that itís a learning experience, and helps you not to get too bent out of shape.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostaBimmer View Post
I honestly didn't even think that it was even possible to give a deposit over the phone -- he had never indicated that was an option.

Credit cards are your friend.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 PM

Mein Auto: coupe
did they do anything wrong? no.

did they do anything stupid? yes.

they lost a potential customer who was clearly interested in doing business. they handled things clumsily.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Basic human nature. Youre not really sure you want something until it is gone. Seeing that really nice leather coat on sale, last one on the rack, waiting a few days to buy it because you aren't sure. Go to the store three days later to buy it and it is gone. That is when you realize how badly you wanted it. I learned from that. If I see something I want and the price is right, I dont wait. You all know what I'm talking about lol.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:22 AM

Mein Auto: BMW M6
Money talks....not sure why you would be mad at him. I am sure there are many other cars exactly like what you want at another dealer. I have been screwed many times in the past on deals waiting for the person who said they "wanted" something, but never actually paid. (not cars but other things like watches, jewelry, etc)

The dealer did nothing wrong...should have made your schedule different or found a way to go look at the car sooner and pay for it.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
How about this: $500 check deposit, car ordered to specifications, car comes in and sold to another customer. No notification, of car coming in. Only when questioned about "where's our car" did the dealer admit it had been sold to someone else. I often wonder what would have happened if I had not called the Salesman to ask him where the car was. Needless to say we demanded (and got) the deposit back and will never go near that dealer again. Went down and bought an A4 Quattro off the showroom floor for less money and much greater content than the 3 series we had ordered.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:06 PM
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to mwagner1
Mein Auto: it has four wheels
I guess I too would be a wee bit upset, but as others have stated, you showed a good deal of hesitation with statements like "I need to think about it" or "my wife needs to see it" or "I need to sleep on it".....with no offer of a deposit. I have spent a number of years in retail and these are all signs of a NO SALE to a sales person...not positive from the dealer's point of view.

Despite this, I would still give the BMW brand (as well as another top notch dealer) a chance as one bad experience at one particular dealer should not sour anyone on the brand...

Just my opinion...

Cheers,
Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
How about this: $500 check deposit, car ordered to specifications, car comes in and sold to another customer. No notification, of car coming in. Only when questioned about "where's our car" did the dealer admit it had been sold to someone else. I often wonder what would have happened if I had not called the Salesman to ask him where the car was. Needless to say we demanded (and got) the deposit back and will never go near that dealer again. Went down and bought an A4 Quattro off the showroom floor for less money and much greater content than the 3 series we had ordered.
Good for you. Not relevant to this situation.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:55 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by frowningdeity View Post
did they do anything wrong? no.

did they do anything stupid? yes.

they lost a potential customer who was clearly interested in doing business. they handled things clumsily.
But they satisfied another customer.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:13 PM

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Paul Miller BMW did this to me.. even though I had a deposit on the car! It was a CPO car so def couldn't just find another one. Happened almost 9 years ago... life goes on.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
What was the final outcome of this drama? Does AlmostaBimmer still feel he got shorted?

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, thereís a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 07-23-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 AM

Mein Auto: '03 325iT, 03 330xi
After reading this thread, I have a feeling that even if he had suggested a deposit, the OP would have declined.