Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 04-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
We are live at the New York Auto Show with the X1, M6 and Gran Coupe - See the photos

pix335i
Enthusiast

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by pix335i

BMW at New York Auto Show

We are live at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York to watch BMW show off the new X1, M6 Coupe, M6 Convertible, 6 Series Gran Coupe and more. Stay tuned for updates throughout the day including tons of photos and details about the cars being shown off. If you have any specific questions, let us know and we will try to get them answered.

The BMW X1

BMW X1

BMW officially takes the wraps off the new facelifted X1 that is finally making it's way to the United States. The new X1 features some updated styling and is offering up at least two exclusive models to the US market. Models being offered include the sDrive28i, xDrive28i and xDrive35i. This marks the first rear wheel drive X model and it is paired with the wildly popular N20 motor that is currently featured throughout the BMW line up.

BMW 2013 US Spec X1 Pricing
  • BMW X1 sDrive28i starts at $31,545
  • BMW X1 xDrive28i starts at $33,245
  • BMW X1 xDrive35i starts at $39,345

For complete pricing, including options and packages as well as 100 photos of the 2013 US spec X1 read our complete coverage of the X1 at the New York Auto Show

The BMW M6 Coupe and Convertible

BMW M6 Convertible

The new BMW M6 Coupe is making it's debut in the US while the M6 Convertible is here for it's worldwide debut. Both the M6 Coupe and M6 Convertible share a monster V8 engine with TwinPower Turbo Technology that produces a whopping 560 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque. The new model bring numerous new options for BMW including M Carbon Ceramic Brakes and LED headlights.

Pricing for the M6 Coupe starts at $106,995 with M6 Convertible pricing beginning at $113,995.

Read more about the release of the M6 here

The BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe

BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe

The 6 Series Gran Coupe may appear as a contradiction to those who define a coupe or sedan by the number of doors it has. This is the first ever four door coupe from BMW with no compromise on design and performance. The Gran Coupe is available as a 640i with 315 horsepower and the 650i with 450 horsepower.

Read more about the 6 Series Gran Coupe here

There is lots more to come from New York. Stay tuned for updates throughout the day.

Last edited by pix335i; 04-06-2012 at 02:54 PM..
This article has been viewed 9875 times.
More about We are live at the New York Auto Show with the X1, M6 and Gran Coupe - See the photos

BMW-New-York-Auto-Show 1BMW-New-York-Auto-Show 2BMW-New-York-Auto-Show 3BMW-New-York-Auto-Show 4BMW-New-York-Auto-Show 5BMW-New-York-Auto-Show 6BMW-New-York-Auto-Show 7BMW-New-York-Auto-Show 8BMW-New-York-Auto-Show 9BMW-New-York-Auto-Show 10

Old 04-15-2012, 09:38 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 328i
I was there Saturday the 14th sooooo sick! The i8 looks even more amazing in person along with the matte blue M3 they had so sexy!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
x1

can't wait to see and drive the x1. I understand it is awd. When will they be on the market
Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINNEY View Post
can't wait to see and drive the x1. I understand it is awd. When will they be on the market
You can get the X1 in rear wheel or all wheel drive actually. 2013 BMW X1 production begins in July 2012 and deliveries starting in September.

Read more here -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=612297

Tim
Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 Infiniti G37 Coupe
What is the exact color name for the M6 convertible. That looks so clean and sexy. Haha. I'm going to have to get that color for my next BMW in 5 years.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorACE View Post
What is the exact color name for the M6 convertible. That looks so clean and sexy. Haha. I'm going to have to get that color for my next BMW in 5 years.
The color is San Marino Blue Metallic A very hot color!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Let me buya F31 335xi BMW

Mein Auto: 09 JCW, C43/55, 560SL, TJ
I'm mad at myself that in all the time I was there in the BMW booth I forgot to grab the ear of the highest BMW "dignitary" I could get my hands on and tell them to nix the "lines" thing! I would not buy a F30 until I can take options that only come on the Modern Line and can mix it with what comes on the Sports Line. The inability to do so is utter idiocy and I've never seen anything like that in any car I'd considered buying in the past.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 x5 4.4, 2010 M3 conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by m8o View Post
I'm mad at myself that in all the time I was there in the BMW booth I forgot to grab the ear of the highest BMW "dignitary" I could get my hands on and tell them to nix the "lines" thing! I would not buy a F30 until I can take options that only come on the Modern Line and can mix it with what comes on the Sports Line. The inability to do so is utter idiocy and I've never seen anything like that in any car I'd considered buying in the past.
Agreed!
That is utter crap