Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 AM

Mein Auto: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Se was doing homework and was drinking those when I happened to bring the food out

She didn't want any wine after 2 days of 21st b-day celebrations, so we went with some good ol h2o and she had milk
Sparkling juice to the rescue... if you want it virgin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer View Post
That picture of her with that look on her face and the dog lying on the floor is hysterical.

I think we forgot to cover presentation though. Need some work there, my friend.
Because we didn't expect he's going to mix everything up in a bowl

Last edited by Griffoun; 04-18-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: Ducati 916
Well, we're poor college kids so we used our finest china and the only two clean forks we had

And yes, the bolognese was easy enough that I was confident it wouldn't be ruined lol
Old 04-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Well, we're poor college kids so we used our finest china and the only two clean forks we had
That's fine. I remember those days, but I'd still cook dinner for girls at my apartment in my college days and at least TRIED to make it look nice - depsite my Fred and Wilma glasses.

But I think if someone cooked me a meal and first put it in a dog bowl on the floor, that sorta takes away from the whole romantic dinner thing. And then to toss some in a bowl and throw it on the table with a fork, all I'm seeing mentally at that point is dog food in a different bowl . . . .

At the least, I'd have used a plate, maybe a little salad and a piece of garlic bread so it looked well placed and a little more appetizing? A folded napkin (even a paper towel folded nicely), clean silverware laid out (fork, knife AND spoon whether you are going to use them or not) also goes a long way.

I still think you did a great job for her birthday though and put a lot of thought into it.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Please, call me Brian.

I actually gave the dog some afterwords and just used the pics for comedic purposes

Right now we have literally 5 plates, and the reason for the hasty meal is that we ate at 10:30 pm, the only time I'll see her until Saturday at 4pm. She goes to UW Madison full time (16 credits) while working 25-35hrs a week. I work from 4-10 six days a week, so finding time for any half legit sit down meal is an accomplishment in and of itself unfortunately . Neither of us were actually hungry, but we had to use the meat before it went bad lol
Old 04-18-2012, 06:25 PM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
Hey good job there Ryan, way to go for it. You know, Bolognese sounds REALLY good right now. I've never made it myself, I should try it sometime!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Honestly, if I can make it, ANYONE can lol

I'm gonna try and get a night off of work sometime when she's off to make a more proper meal, something a bit more strenuous with an appetizer and a legit, non-boxed dessert
Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Lymphoma Cancer Awareness

Mein Auto: '10 Bora
Quote:
Honestly, if I can make it, ANYONE can lol

I'm gonna try and get a night off of work sometime when she's off to make a more proper meal, something a bit more strenuous with an appetizer and a legit, non-boxed dessert
So did you make the jump?

I don't have to drive like I am in a race car everyday, It's just knowing that I can

"It's the Ulitimate Driving Machine, These things happen" - Officer after issuing a speeding ticket
Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Not yet, the soonest we're both free is the 28th. We take a 6hr long class, then jump
Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Not yet, the soonest we're both free is the 28th. We take a 6hr long class, then jump
6 hours?!

After 6 hours, I'd probably be ready to jump without a chute.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Yeah, the benefit of that is after the class, we can just call up and schedule a jump anytime we want for $40

That's assuming that we 1) live through the first jump, and 2) decide to ever do it again