Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 AM

Mein Auto: Civic
M3 or 2012 328i?????

I know you must all think I am nuts because it should be a no brainer and I should pick the M3 (which is my dream car); however, the ones I am looking at are obviously from 2008 with over 40-60kms on it. I found the car of my dreams with low mileage and realized it was ok in price; however, it's in the states (I am in Canada) and it would pretty much take me an arm and a leg to bring over unless someone has some cheap suggestions for me.

Having said that I did find an M3 that was local and I am sure I could bring the price down reasonably to what I want to pay. I am just wondering if I should get a M3 even though it's 4 years old or buy the 2012 328i.

I am currently driving a Civic and I've had it for 9 years, so it's time for a change and clearly either one of these vehicles would be a huge upgrade for me.

I just can't make up my mind on which to get. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 PM

Mein Auto: 528i
Yea man get the m3 its your dream car. Dont waste your time even thinkin.about the 328i . M3 will keep its value way better than a 328i.plus you see 328i all over , you dont see many m3s around its a sharp car., just my opion

Seth laidlaw
Old 04-18-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethlaidlaw View Post
Yea man get the m3 its your dream car. Dont waste your time even thinkin.about the 328i . M3 will keep its value way better than a 328i.plus you see 328i all over , you dont see many m3s around its a sharp car., just my opion

Seth laidlaw
Thanks Seth much appreciated. I figured that should be the choice I would love the M3 and you're right it's not very common.

This may be even a more stupid question but are M3's more inclined to road stops by the police if so I definitely don't want to deal with that. I am sure I'll get the car soon may be within 6 months or so, but I don't want to attract unwanted attention. I'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks again.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:45 AM

Mein Auto: M3 & X3
Anyone with a BMW gets unwanted attention from the police. Not many of them know the difference between an M3 and any other model except the SUV's. Get the dream car.....

Craig
Old 04-22-2012, 07:08 PM

Mein Auto: '07 E90 BMW 335i
Go for the M3... the 328i isn't very exciting. The 335i with tuning is really fast so that is something you could ponder if you're looking for a lower price.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Why did you select those two cars?

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 AM

Mein Auto: 08 Alpine White M6
Its your dream car man!!! If you can make it happen do it!!! I agree with Seth don't even waste your time thinking about that 328i. You will not b disappointed with the M3!

08 Alpine White BMW M6 Drop Top

Old 06-05-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
Why did you select those two cars?
You know that's a good question. I've never owned a BMW, so for me going from a civic to any BMW is a big step up for me regardless of what I get (no offence to civics of course).

I chose these 2 cars because realistically I should probably get the 328/335 but a dream car would be the M3.

I've weighed out the options and talking to a lot of guys that I know I am most likely going to go with the 328 or 335. The reason is because I am out here in Canada and insurance rates are extremely high, plus the M3 that I want - black/black, with Navi (if possible), sedan I can only find it in the states. Unless someone has other sites or locations that I haven't seen.

I realized by the time I purchase it, bring it over, pay all the taxes I won't be getting it for much.

Appreciate all the comments. One day I will get the dream car.