Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760 Li
Dension 500- GW51M02 (USB/ iPod/ iPhone) MP3 interface

I know this particular digital iPod/ Iphone/ USB Flash Memory MP3 interface device has been covered multiple times in the past. However, every single thread that I closely followed through showed either user's incompatibility end result issues and/or lack of further product follow up stating whether the unit met expectations or not.

That said, I would like to tackle this integration system myself and I have a few questions. My goal is to have the unit with full Text-Display functionality and ultimately, have Back-Up Camera with the assistance of the Dension 500 accessory (Audio Video Router unit) through the dedicated reversing camera line input.

There is a compatibility chart provided by Dension that entails expected functionality on the E65/ E66 model year 2002-2008. This unit has text display on the iDrive (name of song, artist, album etc). Apparently, this feature is ONLY enabled with select 2005 and/ or newer E65/ E66 model. However, there is a different Dension unit (GWL1M01) that would function with non-text capable MMI head units.

I have the pre-facelift MMI head unit with Rear Entertainment. Also, I believe I have text capability on my iDrive since I have SiriusXF Satellite Radio already (name of song, artist, album etc is displayed). Thus, I am pursuing the Dension 500- GW51M02 in particular.

Anyway, I would like to get some insight on my 3 questions below from anyone who knows or has successfully had the unit installed;

1) There has been concern regarding Dual-iDrive based system not being supported. Does 'Dual-iDrive' refer to Rear Entertainment system iDrive and/or controller?
2) Apparently, the Audio Video Router (AVR) unit is only compatible with European Spec Cars. I believe the reason being their MMI unit having video in motion. Well, I have Video in Motion enabled and I wouldn't suspect having any issues with video signal processing at all. But I would like to confirm.
3) In respect to PDC functionality, if I have the reverse camera installed, will I still have the audio signal?

Thank you for your time….…...

Last edited by pkathee; 04-22-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Ads by Google