BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My 740IL upper radiator hose not connecting!!

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Oman_BMW 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

For the last 5 month's my upper hose of radiator collaspse twice! so this time I decided to change it (which I did by buying a new one 4 days ago) also to mention I've changed my thermostat, water pump, heat sensor and other down hose's and flashed the radiator back in Jan 2012

As for the upper hose I'm having problem to put it back in, previously it was like hanged not climped properly even the climp is available, its not going in up to those two threads even I'm using force

What can I do to fix it??

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
theres really no secret to it, just have to use force and make sure it's lined up properly..it's been a while since i worked on an e38, but i didn't think the metal clip would go in if you didn't seat the hose all the way

#3 ·
wilk187 has a great memory.

He's right. Based on your 2nd picture, you need to push the upper radiator hose further on so that the last ridge is even with the end of the hose.

Then, the metal clip will easily slide down over the groove in the radiator neck.

If you can't easily enough slide the hose that far onto the radiator neck, make sure nothing is blocking the hose from sliding any further, and that you have it lined up correctly.

To be honest, it should go on pretty easily. Maybe try a little (very little) lubricant on the inner part of end of the hose that goes over the radiator neck to help it along?

#4 · (Edited)
I came across this problem on the bottom radiator hose on an E46 and I could not get it to push back on so I got a new bottom hose and still it would not push back on so I swapped the inner hose sealing ring from the new to the old hose and it went on ? and the owner was happy with that, But it does not fully answer the question, I did find out that two years previously he had a non genuine radiator fitted and maybe then the bottom hose wasn't pushed right home and it then popped off. Otherwise maybe you can carefully use some emery paper and rub down the raditor hose stub as it may have swelled of even try using some washing up liquid on the stub, Peter.

#5 ·
I want to thank each and everyone of you for the great advice's, Alhumdallah the problem solved ^^, it seems I didnt push or apply enough force thats why it didnt gone in correctly, now its ok BUT it showing check coolant level and too much bubble steam coming from the bleeder after bleeding it while pressure is there, I think I need to change the radiator cauz thats the last think I should do

Thank you

Hazim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.