Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2012, 02:05 PM
1.fresh.f30.335 1.fresh.f30.335 is offline
suck.squeeze.bang.blow335
Location: New England: from NH to CT
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2012 335i saloon 6 spd
Talk about getting &%$*ed by the dealer!

So this is my first BMW (ordered up a 335i 6spd) and I placed the order for my car two weeks ago+ yet the car still hasn't gone into production and I don't have a Production Number from BMW yet... (was told 8weeks max before getting the car)

So I get curious and start asking whats up... come to find out the dealer has taken deposits on 5 F30 335i cars and doesn't have 1 allocation spot for them. and I am 3rd on the list...

That doesn't bring into the equation the lack of N55 motors which has apparently stopped or slowed current production...

Not to mention the fact that the factory is planning on shutting down for the first few weeks of May to switch all the lines over to the F30 platform (from what I have heard)...

Now this means that the dealer strung me along for the past 2/3 weeks promising me a car the end of May/early June which they cannot get until mid july(est. given by management) and is expecting me to just deal with it.





So now I am waiting to hear from the dealer by tuesday...

Apparently because they won the BMW of excellence award this year they think they can get extra allocations, which is technically true but wouldn't take affect until next year... How dealers become 'centers of excellence' when they clearly lie and misuse info is beyond me, but thats dealership BS for you..

I also made it known I need a car by June, so if this wasn't possible they knew they could say no, but instead they took my deposit with a smile and now are upset that I am raising questions.

...And the kicker, I told them that I needed to know the timeline before placing the order because the other option I was looking at was 2012 s4 and since the facelift is coming they already discontinued production on the current car, aka I needed to find one asap if I was going to get one... So Im now up a creak without a paddle and IM SO PISSED ABOUT IT!
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 04-22-2012, 02:10 PM
bcl0328 bcl0328 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Abingdon, MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 161
Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.fresh.f30.335 View Post
So this is my first BMW (ordered up a 335i 6spd) and I placed the order for my car two weeks ago+ yet the car still hasn't gone into production and I don't have a Production Number from BMW yet... (was told 8weeks max before getting the car)

So I get curious and start asking whats up... come to find out the dealer has taken deposits on 5 F30 335i cars and doesn't have 1 allocation spot for them. and I am 3rd on the list...

That doesn't bring into the equation the lack of N55 motors which has apparently stopped or slowed current production...

Not to mention the fact that the factory is planning on shutting down for the first few weeks of May to switch all the lines over to the F30 platform (from what I have heard)...

Now this means that the dealer strung me along for the past 2/3 weeks promising me a car the end of May/early June which they cannot get until mid july(est. given by management) and is expecting me to just deal with it.





So now I am waiting to hear from the dealer by tuesday...

Apparently because they won the BMW of excellence award this year they think they can get extra allocations, which is technically true but wouldn't take affect until next year... How dealers become 'centers of excellence' when they clearly lie and misuse info is beyond me, but thats dealership BS for you..

I also made it known I need a car by June, so if this wasn't possible they knew they could say no, but instead they took my deposit with a smile and now are upset that I am raising questions.

...And the kicker, I told them that I needed to know the timeline before placing the order because the other option I was looking at was 2012 s4 and since the facelift is coming they already discontinued production on the current car, aka I needed to find one asap if I was going to get one... So Im now up a creak without a paddle and IM SO PISSED ABOUT IT!
i thought it was lack of N20 engines, not N55.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2012, 02:51 PM
1.fresh.f30.335 1.fresh.f30.335 is offline
suck.squeeze.bang.blow335
Location: New England: from NH to CT
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2012 335i saloon 6 spd
The dealer told me the exact opposite yesterday, they even told me to build a 328i and they could get that in a more timely manner... If I wanted a 2.0T I would have just purchased an A4.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2012, 02:55 PM
T111 T111 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Las Vegas, NV
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 115
Mein Auto: -
Sorry to hear about that.
__________________
'12 F30 335i Mineral Grey/Black - GONE, trade assist for
'13 335i M Sport BSM/Black - GONE also, both had steering vibration......
'12 S63 AMG Black/Black
'10 Range Rover Sport Black/Tan
'11 A4 S-Line Quattro Monza Grey/Black(alcantara)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2012, 05:33 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.fresh.f30.335 View Post
The dealer told me the exact opposite yesterday, they even told me to build a 328i and they could get that in a more timely manner... If I wanted a 2.0T I would have just purchased an A4.
Have you driven the 328?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2012, 05:48 PM
westwest888's Avatar
westwest888 westwest888 is offline
Banned
Location: San Francisco, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,181
Mein Auto: 2010 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.fresh.f30.335 View Post
The dealer told me the exact opposite yesterday, they even told me to build a 328i and they could get that in a more timely manner... If I wanted a 2.0T I would have just purchased an A4.
You want an N55 instead of the 3.0T supercharged from Audi?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Yobyot's Avatar
Yobyot Yobyot is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 351
Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.fresh.f30.335 View Post
So this is my first BMW (ordered up a 335i 6spd) and I placed the order for my car two weeks ago+ yet the car still hasn't gone into production and I don't have a Production Number from BMW yet... (was told 8weeks max before getting the car)

So I get curious and start asking whats up... come to find out the dealer has taken deposits on 5 F30 335i cars and doesn't have 1 allocation spot for them. and I am 3rd on the list...

That doesn't bring into the equation the lack of N55 motors which has apparently stopped or slowed current production...

Not to mention the fact that the factory is planning on shutting down for the first few weeks of May to switch all the lines over to the F30 platform (from what I have heard)...

Now this means that the dealer strung me along for the past 2/3 weeks promising me a car the end of May/early June which they cannot get until mid july(est. given by management) and is expecting me to just deal with it.





So now I am waiting to hear from the dealer by tuesday...

Apparently because they won the BMW of excellence award this year they think they can get extra allocations, which is technically true but wouldn't take affect until next year... How dealers become 'centers of excellence' when they clearly lie and misuse info is beyond me, but thats dealership BS for you..

I also made it known I need a car by June, so if this wasn't possible they knew they could say no, but instead they took my deposit with a smile and now are upset that I am raising questions.

...And the kicker, I told them that I needed to know the timeline before placing the order because the other option I was looking at was 2012 s4 and since the facelift is coming they already discontinued production on the current car, aka I needed to find one asap if I was going to get one... So Im now up a creak without a paddle and IM SO PISSED ABOUT IT!
Just as a general interest question: is this dealer in the metro Boston area? If so, I wouldn't be surprised. The business practices of the BMW dealers here are, ahem, a little suspect.

I hope you didn't give them a deposit.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:25 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:30 PM
1.fresh.f30.335 1.fresh.f30.335 is offline
suck.squeeze.bang.blow335
Location: New England: from NH to CT
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2012 335i saloon 6 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Have you driven the 328?
I did, and I didn't mind it at all. I had a smile on my face the whole time but I could say the same about my drive in the A4... I guess I'm bias because I am an audi guy so I default to audi... I went Bimmer this time because of how soon I could get a new body style vs. the audi outgoing body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwest888 View Post
You want an N55 instead of the 3.0T supercharged from Audi?
I like the audi, but why pay full price for a car that is about to be updated, at that point I should be getting a preowned IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Just as a general interest question: is this dealer in the metro Boston area? If so, I wouldn't be surprised. The business practices of the BMW dealers here are, ahem, a little suspect.

I hope you didn't give them a deposit.
Southern New England area, and I don't feel the dealer is suspect... but the management's incompetence is very suspect... I think they just kept taking orders thinking 'we can get more allocations' without ever actually trying to get the allocations...

...I am thinking about settling and just getting a blk/blk 6spd s4, sport diff, b&o,

Last edited by 1.fresh.f30.335; 04-22-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Cobalt0341 Cobalt0341 is offline
Registered User
Location: Northern NJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
Mein Auto: F30 335i ZMT ZTP ZSL
I'm in the same boat.

You have made me very nervous.

I ordered a 335i sport two weeks ago and have yet to get a production number from my CA. He emailed me to tell me that it was in the computer as a 046 code, but didn't give a number. Is it possible that this is going on all over right now (I'm in Jersey)?

I am going to call him tomorrow and ask about their allotments. I am impatient enough as it is, I hope I don't have to wait until July for my car.

Good luck, keep us posted.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-22-2012, 08:30 PM
ric124 ric124 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: FL
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 137
Mein Auto: 2007 VW GTi
OK could we stop the Audi vs BMW fight and get back on topic!

As far as I understand there are far less allocations for the 335i so its probably going to be hard to find a dealer thats not backed up. Look at my time line below and I am still waiting.


Week 1
02/25/12 - Ordered
02/27/12 - Order accepted by BMW AG

Week 2
added variable steering
added adaptive M suspension

Week 3
...

Week 4
03/22/12 - Production Scheduled (status 112)

Week 5
03/29/12 - Production started

Week 6
added Sport Line Handbrake Grip
added M Performance black front grille
04/05/12 - Production Ends

Week 7
04/10/12 - In port

Week 8
04/19/12 - Vehicle Shipped

Week 9
--/--/-- - Vehicle Arrived at US Port
--/--/-- - Vehicle arrives at dealer
--/--/-- - Vehicle ready for pick up
__________________
335i Sport W/ Adaptive M suspension| Sport Variable steering| Technology PKG| HK Sound PKG| BMW apps| BMW Assist| Sport line hand brake grip| M Performance black kidneys|

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Nobrandfanboy Nobrandfanboy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 430
Mein Auto: S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124 View Post
OK could we stop the Audi vs BMW fight and get back on topic!

As far as I understand there are far less allocations for the 335i so its probably going to be hard to find a dealer thats not backed up. Look at my time line below and I am still waiting.


Week 1
02/25/12 - Ordered
02/27/12 - Order accepted by BMW AG

Week 2
added variable steering
added adaptive M suspension

Week 3
...

Week 4
03/22/12 - Production Scheduled (status 112)

Week 5
03/29/12 - Production started

Week 6
added Sport Line Handbrake Grip
added M Performance black front grille
04/05/12 - Production Ends

Week 7
04/10/12 - In port

Week 8
04/19/12 - Vehicle Shipped

Week 9
--/--/-- - Vehicle Arrived at US Port
--/--/-- - Vehicle arrives at dealer
--/--/-- - Vehicle ready for pick up
Could this be the reason production is backlogged.

http://www.*************.com/news-in...esin-shortage/
__________________
2011 Audi S4
2003 Mercedes Benz E500
2001 Mercedes Benz S430
2001 Mercedes Benz C320
2000 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
1997 BMW 540i
1991 Nissan 240SX
1990 Nissan Maxima
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-22-2012, 09:53 PM
evergreen2000 evergreen2000 is offline
Registered User
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 69
Mein Auto: Acura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobrandfanboy View Post
Could this be the reason production is backlogged.

http://www.*************.com/news-in...esin-shortage/
could be but in this case more likely just a combination of few 335 allocations to begin with and a greedy dealer putting profit before customers
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-22-2012, 10:14 PM
ric124 ric124 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: FL
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 137
Mein Auto: 2007 VW GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergreen2000 View Post
could be but in this case more likely just a combination of few 335 allocations to begin with and a greedy dealer putting profit before customers
agreed!

Dealers get a set amount of allocations per month. If by the time you order and they already filled their 335 allocation for the month then you have to wait for next month. This is why you see most 335 orders taking forever to start production.

Thats why on the streets I have seen like 5 328i's and only 1 335i
__________________
335i Sport W/ Adaptive M suspension| Sport Variable steering| Technology PKG| HK Sound PKG| BMW apps| BMW Assist| Sport line hand brake grip| M Performance black kidneys|

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2012, 10:45 PM
winterfresh winterfresh is offline
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 27
Mein Auto: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt0341 View Post
You have made me very nervous.

I ordered a 335i sport two weeks ago and have yet to get a production number from my CA. He emailed me to tell me that it was in the computer as a 046 code, but didn't give a number. Is it possible that this is going on all over right now (I'm in Jersey)?

I am going to call him tomorrow and ask about their allotments. I am impatient enough as it is, I hope I don't have to wait until July for my car.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Did the dealership give you a Vehicle Inquiry Report after your ordered the car? That should have the Production number on it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-23-2012, 06:37 AM
_Vida_ _Vida_ is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 79
Mein Auto: 2012 F30 335
Relax OP. Most of us who ordered 335's are in the same boat as you. Demand > Supply
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 AM
1.fresh.f30.335 1.fresh.f30.335 is offline
suck.squeeze.bang.blow335
Location: New England: from NH to CT
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2012 335i saloon 6 spd
Wow guys, thanks for the thread jack, I appreciate it! haha just kidding, in all seriousness though chill on VW hate.

Porsche owns the controlling share in VW so doesn't that mean that a vw is a porsche?!

as for brand sharing, BMW owns Rolls Royce and many parts are originally engineered at BMW, so does that mean I won't buy a Phantom because its only a BMW?! NO, its a sick car and if I want the panties to drop I will drive it around town with my name on the license plate!

As for the S4, its legit within 3k of the car I priced out from BMW so its not a ton more money, and the S4 does have AWD which I did want originally but then was talked out of it in favor of the Bimmer... I am choosing a car based upon what I like, what I want, and what IS AVAILABLE within my time range and the BMW doesn't fit the timeline I need it to anymore... Long story short, it looks like I may not be leaving the Audi brand yet, which I'm kind of disappointed about...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 AM
1.fresh.f30.335 1.fresh.f30.335 is offline
suck.squeeze.bang.blow335
Location: New England: from NH to CT
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2012 335i saloon 6 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124 View Post
agreed!

Dealers get a set amount of allocations per month. If by the time you order and they already filled their 335 allocation for the month then you have to wait for next month. This is why you see most 335 orders taking forever to start production.

Thats why on the streets I have seen like 5 328i's and only 1 335i
Yup and I had to tell the guy Im working with how that worked... He thought that you just ordered a ton and then when a "block of production" filled then they put them into production, so now there are 5 of us that were promised a may delivery and now being told july/august.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterfresh View Post
Did the dealership give you a Vehicle Inquiry Report after your ordered the car? That should have the Production number on it.
I'm in the order bank but because they are over allocated I am not a code 046 yet so I don't have a production number even though I have the build sheet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vida_ View Post
Relax OP. Most of us who ordered 335's are in the same boat as you. Demand > Supply
I wouldn't have ordered one if I thought that I was signing up for a 5 month wait because I need a car now or before I start my new job the beginning of June. I am sorry for griping, Im just annoyed by liars that put profits before customer service... But that could be due to the fact that I am a marketing guy into brand development and **** like that directly affects the brand worth.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 AM
micknugget micknugget is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Detroit
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 132
Mein Auto: 2012 328i Auto
I personally would call BMW customer service and tell them what happened. Explain your situation and that you are about to walk away from the deal and buy from a competitor. At worst, it gets your dealer in a little trouble. At best, they find an allocation spot for you and you get eh car that you ordered on time.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-23-2012, 08:20 AM
matts335 matts335 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Virginia
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 433
Mein Auto: 2009 335xdrive (E90)
It sounds like you've already made your mind up about the S4, which is certainly a great choice, but did you ever try a different dealer? Maybe someone else can get an allocation spot for you earlier.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-23-2012, 08:58 AM
ric124 ric124 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: FL
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 137
Mein Auto: 2007 VW GTi
I love the S4 too but to be honest I prefer the B7 look over the B8. I prefer the look of the F30 over the B8 too. Thats besides the point tho,

the winning points was service included and I thought it was time for RWD. Being with VAG my whole life leaves me with FWD and AWD. Oh and that the F30 shape wont change till like 2019


You should look into performance center delivery. I believe it bypasses the dealer and you should get a specific date for pickup.
__________________
335i Sport W/ Adaptive M suspension| Sport Variable steering| Technology PKG| HK Sound PKG| BMW apps| BMW Assist| Sport line hand brake grip| M Performance black kidneys|

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-23-2012, 01:12 PM
MMME30W's Avatar
MMME30W MMME30W is offline
Super Moderator
Location: On The Move
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 14,067
Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Non-helpful posts removed and thread re-opened.

Please respect the OP's thread topic and keep comments constructive, objective, non-personal and along the lines of "bringing the BMW community together".

For the record, opinions and factual statements, that happen to contradict your own, are NOT trolling.

Thanks.

Time in.
__________________
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by,and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.”

- J.C. Watts Jr.

Last edited by MMME30W; 04-23-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-23-2012, 04:06 PM
1.fresh.f30.335 1.fresh.f30.335 is offline
suck.squeeze.bang.blow335
Location: New England: from NH to CT
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2012 335i saloon 6 spd
Thanks for re-opening it!

I am not trying to seem one sided, just expressing frustration with the situation...

Update: I am going to deal with it and wait until late July/early August and get the car I really wanted. I want this car, I will deal with it.

- The dealer negotiated for three allocations which would go into production this week, delivery of 8-12 weeks... They also located a sport transmission automatic with almost all of the options I wanted and in the color scheme I wanted, I said I would just wait so that I don't have that "what-if" after having the automatic for two months...

- As for the other two orders, they will not be able to get their cars for 4 to 6 months! That would have been too much to handle.

-I did make them throw in winter mats and some take a little more off the price but what else am I gonna do, I want this car. Thanks for everyone's .02!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.fresh.f30.335 View Post
Thanks for re-opening it!

I am not trying to seem one sided, just expressing frustration with the situation...

Update: I am going to deal with it and wait until late July/early August and get the car I really wanted. I want this car, I will deal with it.

- The dealer negotiated for three allocations which would go into production this week, delivery of 8-12 weeks... They also located a sport transmission automatic with almost all of the options I wanted and in the color scheme I wanted, I said I would just wait so that I don't have that "what-if" after having the automatic for two months...

- As for the other two orders, they will not be able to get their cars for 4 to 6 months! That would have been too much to handle.

-I did make them throw in winter mats and some take a little more off the price but what else am I gonna do, I want this car. Thanks for everyone's .02!
You won't be disappointed
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 AM
1.fresh.f30.335 1.fresh.f30.335 is offline
suck.squeeze.bang.blow335
Location: New England: from NH to CT
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2012 335i saloon 6 spd
Got a production number and my car is code 112 already... Thanks a lot BMWNA, thats a quick response to a problem!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms