Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i GT
Another New GT Owner

We took delivery of our first BMW last Saturday. 2012 535i GT in Black Sapphire Metallic with the Black Dakota Leather.

The rest of the ticket reads:
Luxury Seating Package (the rear automatic sun shades sold my 5-year old up-down-up-down )
Premium Sound Package
Sport Package
Value Package (have not sussed out the underbumperkicktoopen thing yet)
Heated Front Seats
BMW Apps

We started looking at the X3 (too small), then the X5 (didn't really feel "BMW" to us) and then the regular 535 which was still too small in the back seat. (Our other car is a 2010 Volvo S80 V8 AWD and it has as much or more back seat room.)

I decided to give the GT a shot as our last chance for a BMW and it is perfect! I probably would not order one with the BMW Apps (I can't really figgure out what they do) or the Premium Sound Package (just an upcharge for the Satellite radio??) but I got four grand off the MSRP and half-price on the extended maintenance package so it worked out.

I would like to throw out a few questions:

1. What is "Dynamic Cruse Control"? I don't have the distance buttons on the stering wheel so I'm not really sure.

2. I managed to nick the rear bumper with the trunk cover so I have a two-inch tan mark on it. Any help in how I can get ride of this? (It doesn't just wipe off.)

3. The manual talks about a safety triangle and first aid kit in the trunk. I did not get these, they were not in the car. Should they have been?

4. I passed on the tire and wheel coverage. The car has Dunlops and it reads like they are covered for road hazard anyway. I figgure I can buy two new wheels for the cost of the package anyway. Smart?

5. The tires have the green N2 valve stems. That means they are inflated with nitrogen, right? I know dumb question, the follow up is: what do I need to do to maintain these? Same deal, watch the TPMS? Anything special because it is N2?

6. Finnaly (for now) what should I do to maintain the leather? I traded in a F150 King Ranch and that leather was bullet proof saddle leather. Any recomendations for the BMW Dakota leather?

TIA
DLM

Last edited by dmunz; 04-26-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Ads by Google