Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2012, 02:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW Z4
Installed smartTop module on my 2011 30i Z4

Hey all ...

You probably have heard about the mod4cars smartTOP module that allows you to modify the convertible top so that it can be opened while the car is moving (up to 25mph), can have it fold mirrors with the locks, can do one-touch opening and closing of the top from the key fob or from the instrument panel, etc. etc. etc.

I just installed my smartTOP into my Z4 this afternoon.

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/db/smar...tall_z4/en.php

I'm still playing around with all the features, but I LOVE IT! The installation was pretty easy, actually. The hardest part, as funny as it sounds, was to pull out all the black BMW plastic plugs without breaking them. I finally figured out how to pull them out and put them back in without damaging them, but that was after breaking two of them. I'll get some replacement plugs from BMW so that there is no sign of my mucking with the car as it's still under warranty . The installation was easy enough that I can take out the module before taking it to the dealer for service while I'm under warranty.

I'll give more updates as I play with it.

/LesC
Ads by Google