Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2012, 08:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 740I sport
Smile Get real power out of your E38 exhaust

After doing some research I found that there is an affordable exhaust and I am getting mine done tomorrow. First stop just chopping resonators off your rides to do it right pick up the parts I just bought. 2-1/4 in x exhaust crossover have it welded in place of the center muffler to help keep the torque you loose when you gain flow. buy four sticks of 16 gauge 2-1/4 it comes in four foot sections I might get a way with 3 the IL needs four at 11 bucks each the x cross over is 79 bucks both from summit racing I love those guys. These a similar type exhaust system would be installed on an late model dohc 4.6L mustang . The mufflers should be dual exit magnaflows to keep the noise down as well which you can also purchase from summit. welding and tube building on area around 300 bucks plus the cross over 79 plus about 44 and around 150 for mufflers ebay also is a source. so for around 500-600 bucks you should get at least 20 horsepower as the 4.6 dohc mustangs get that on some at least 25 hp will update you friends later this is way cheaper than Dinan or Remus both over a grand with out install labor. Later on M60 intake dinan TB and a tune from a guy who advertises on here with these mods looking for high 13's and around 340 rwhp and for you guys in West Los Angeles hit me up have a sick Bimmer mechanic locally I trust near Marina Del Rey
Advertisement