Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 04-18-2012, 06:03 PM

Mein Auto: x5
Angry Halo / angel eye and marker light not working Suggestions?

Help!! My marker light and 1 of my angel eyes next to the marker light suddenly stopped working. I changed the marker light and still No Good! I loaded up the BMW Diagnostic program and chose to monitor the headlights. When I turn the parking lights on, the system signals me to check side marker light. Seems that they X5 knows they should be on.

The story gets better....I just had a hitch and the brake light adapter installed professionally. The back parking brakes work fine - rear blinker good - it is just those 2 front lights that suddenly went out. I believe they worked after the hitch was installed - so I don't think I can blame it on that install. I thought it would be a simple light bulb change but know I thinking it could be wiring, a fuse? Is there a Fuse for this? I didn't see any listed in the glove box panel or the rear - is there another? Not sure which way to turn
Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 04-28-2012, 10:49 AM

Mein Auto: x5,540i,328e
my x5 06 model halo lights not working on the rt side any sugestions. thanx
Old 04-28-2012, 10:54 AM

Mein Auto: x5,540i,328e
Quote:
Originally Posted by elam2310 View Post
my x5 06 model halo lights not working on the rt side any sugestions. thanx
Old 04-30-2012, 04:24 PM

Mein Auto: x5
Lights...

The side marker light ended up being a bent contact. The angel eyes I - I am buying the after market LED from ebay. I am hoping the 1 bulb is just bad. 1 bulb = 2 side angel eyes. The bulb is behind the small panel behind the light. There is a You tube video showing installation of a angel light on the X5. For you, does the dash indicate a lighting problem?