Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 PM

Mein Auto: 98 Z3, 03 Dakota, 07 DTS
The passing of Fred Reinemeyer

I copied this from the Roadfly Z3 forum. I just had the pleasure of direct communications with him this month and we had planned on meeting in northern Virginia later this year.
He seemed like great person....... Maygro

RIP Fred Reinemeyer

I don't have much detail at this point, but I thought you all might want to know that Fred Reinemeyer passed away earlier today. He was in Pennsylvania, visiting his daughter, when he suffered from a heart attack.

No details yet on where or when the funeral will be held.
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2012, 07:12 PM

Mein Auto: 98 Z3, 03 Dakota, 07 DTS
More info

Fred passed away before noon Sunday from a heart attack while in Gettysburg to watch his daughter run in the marathon.

He suffered from discomfort last night but was released as his condition improved. In the midst of the attack Sunday morning, Sarah was told that Fred's mood was light and cracked jokes with the emergency responders throughout their work.

Wife and daughters will meet in Ohio where they will plan a service locally. Fred will be cremated Monday.

His wife has no immediate plans for Houston friends and family as of this moment. As soon as she gets her bearing she may have more information regarding donations or other ways to share your memory of Fred. She has asked that you communicate this to others that may know Fred.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Luv'in Texas

Mein Auto: '08 Z4 3.0si
Fred was very passionate about Z3's He also was the consumate leader whenever he planned a trip. If someone had a problem, he would let the group go on and stay with those that needed help until it was resolved.

He was also known for his great sense of humor, often enjoying laughing at himself when picked on.

i feel honored to have known him and will miss him.

Brent Diez
2009 Club Car Precedent (to putter around the beach)
Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 AM

Mein Auto: 01 Mc, 08 M3, Motorrad x2
I am really sad to hear about this. Fred was a consummate BMW enthusiast, but more than that he was just a really friendly, warm person.

14 S1000R | 09 F650GS | 08 E90 M3 | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe
Old 05-01-2012, 05:35 AM

Mein Auto: 01 Mc, 08 M3, Motorrad x2
FYI, he posted here as FredR.

14 S1000R | 09 F650GS | 08 E90 M3 | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Fred's info for services

Quote:
Originally Posted by maygro View Post
Fred passed away before noon Sunday from a heart attack while in Gettysburg to watch his daughter run in the marathon.

He suffered from discomfort last night but was released as his condition improved. In the midst of the attack Sunday morning, Sarah was told that Fred's mood was light and cracked jokes with the emergency responders throughout their work.

Wife and daughters will meet in Ohio where they will plan a service locally. Fred will be cremated Monday.

His wife has no immediate plans for Houston friends and family as of this moment. As soon as she gets her bearing she may have more information regarding donations or other ways to share your memory of Fred. She has asked that you communicate this to others that may know Fred.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Everyone,
My name is Donna and I am the wife of Alain D (owner of Bimmer Workshop in Texas) -- I wanted to let you all know that I actually spoke to Mrs. Reinemeyer yesterday and received some info regarding the services to be held for Fred. He was cremated but there will be services at --
St. John Cemetery and Parrish
201 North Pierce Street
Delphos, Ohio 45833
Saturday May 5th at 12pm
contact rep is Ted Hanf 1-419-695-4050
He can answer any further questions you all may have - hope this helps

Last edited by donnaD1974; 05-04-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:33 PM
^yup, it's me^

Mein Auto: Teilsortierfachentdeckung
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I am really sad to hear about this. Fred was a consummate BMW enthusiast, but more than that he was just a really friendly, warm person.
This is truly, truly sad news. I don't think there's anybody that met fred that wouldn't feel that same way Jon. Always helpful and willing to share his knowledge.

My condolences to his family.
R.I.P. My friend

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

Curator of the Museum of Unfinished Projects

Old 05-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Needs more cowbell

Send a message via AIM to WileECoyote
Mein Auto: 1999 Z3 2.8, 2000 328Ci
I haven't checked the Z3 forum here in ages, and I came across this.

Fred was a true gentleman, and all around great guy. His passing saddens me.