7 Series DIY
Do It Yourself forum dedicated for 7 Series BMW Owners
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
DIY: BMW E65/66 Crank Case Vent Valves CCV
BMW part # 11127547058 (if replacing both sides you will need two) $22.28 dealer price not after market
This is a Repair kit, pressure regulating valve
Torx (I used a Hex 6/32 since I did not have one)
Flat head screwdriver (thinnest one you have we work best)
1. Picture 1 - Remove Engine cover. Unscrew 4 torx (4 red arrows).
2. Picture 2 – Pop off side Engine covers. Note, these covers will need to be pulled outward and are held by two plug like screws (refer to picture 3 blue arrows right side and picture 4 left side CCV). Pop bottom first and move your hand to pull off the other. Slide the covers down as getting them out could take some time. Driver side with blue arrow is a little tricky as a hose is in the way.
3. Picture 5 (Picture 3 – Ride side CCV & Picture 4 – Left side CCV) – Release 4 of 6 clips/tabs and slowly pull upwards in a sliding downward motion to free the last two clips/tabs. IMPORTANT, E65/66 do not have the tubing connecting to the cap. Refer to picture 6.
4. Remove damaged/old rubber and spring. Replace with new spring (picture 7) and rubber.
5. Place Cap back on and firmly press down on each tab making sure they fasten. You should hear 6 clicks one for each tab.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for other CCV
7. Replace both side engine covers
8. Replace top engine cover and screw back 4 torx screws
9. You successfully changed your CCV
Black on Black
Rear Entertainment Pack
Premium Sound Pack
3M Tint - 20%
Akebono Brake Pads
Blacked Out Grille
ACS Roof Spoiler
MTEC D1S 6000K
MTEC H9 4750K Fogs
|Today's Posts Search|