Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 PM

Mein Auto: 328i XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Best case scenario your just paranoid like me, and the car had some minor paint issues, and you can get on with owning a good car
I'm inclined to believe that but the more that I think about why the rear bumper was removed, repainted, and reassembled slightly off worries me. Not to mention that I hate the sales team there. I had the worst experience during negotiations. Kinda ruined the BMW experience, but I guess I shouldn't be that dramatic ha.

I'm pretty sure I can get a new 2011 328xi for about 2-3k more with comparable or better equipment if they did the trade assist.

If I were to do a trade assist, I'd need to get inspection done at an authorized BMW center, according to NA

Last edited by BMWHoo12; 05-04-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 PM
came and went...

Mein Auto: 993 6MT
can you describe the door window rattle? is it a rattle that occurs when you close the door with the window down?

i would not sweat the repaint. these things happen and they are not disclosed by dealers. it def sucks though dont get me wrong. back in the mid 90s i ordered a new 2 door explorer from the factory. i was at the dealer when it arrived on the tractor trailer a month later. watched it get unloaded and drove it off the lot the next day...

about 5 months later my truck was vandalized and when they repainted it they showed me where the truck had already had its rear right quarter panel resprayed. i had no idea. Prob a post manufacturing issue that caused it before it even arrived at the dealer. In the end it will work out, its sounds like the dealer is willing to work with you, as they should be...

2011 328 xi coupe

Last edited by B-737; 05-04-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-737 View Post
can you describe the door window rattle? is it a rattle that occurs when you close the door with the window down?

i would not sweat the repaint. these things happen and they are not disclosed by dealers. it def sucks though dont get me wrong. back in the mid 90s i ordered a new 2 door explorer from the factory. i was at the dealer when it arrived on the tractor trailer a month later. watched it get unloaded and drove it off the lot the next day...

about 5 months later my truck was vandalized and when they repainted it they showed me where the truck had already had its rear right quarter panel resprayed. i had no idea. Prob a post manufacturing issue that caused it before it even arrived at the dealer. In the end it will work out, its sounds like the dealer is willing to work with you, as they should be...
Good question. So the rattle is certainly intermittent. When I close the window with the controls I hear this very audible clicking sound that wasn't there prior to the door trim being adjusted. The other windows don't do this. It's markedly different from what happens when I click to close the windows after they've been closed.

My local school dealer said something has been done to the door that they haven't seen before which is the most concerning part.

I'm willing to accept the fact that the car has been repainted - the dealer is willing to fix all of that along with the scratch that was caused by someone else. So I should give them credit for trying to work with me, albeit begrudgingly.

Last edited by BMWHoo12; 05-04-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWHoo12 View Post
I had the worst experience during negotiations. Kinda ruined the BMW experience, but I guess I shouldn't be that dramatic ha.

I'm pretty sure I can get a new 2011 328xi for about 2-3k more with comparable or better equipment if they did the trade assist.

If I were to do a trade assist, I'd need to get inspection done at an authorized BMW center, according to NA
Meh don't worry even with a long history of spending 100k+ on cars the dealer I got mine from wouldn't budge on pricing, when they know they can sit on something, and get what they want they will.

It doesn't hurt putting in the leg work, especially if the cars frame is damaged, and possibly more fragile then one that hasn't been in an accident.

The good thing is you have four good years to stick it to them if you can't get out of it. (thats a ton of time to take the complementary free soda's and chips or steal k-cups )

Last edited by SuperTerp; 05-04-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
I'm willing to spend a few $k more if they do the trade assist, but I'll only agree to this after finding out wtf happened to the car through an indy shop. They wouldn't lie to me, right? I know I sound like an idiot for even asking, but they're one of the biggest dealers in the DMV area. I mean if it's cosmetic then I'll just have them fix the paint job and the window rattle and be done with it.

Ideally I would get an F30 awd but those prices will probably be hard to bring down given that it's so new.
I know this is a lot to take on with your school work. Sounds like the first thing to do is to arm yourself with facts. Go find a good, reputable, recommended indy shop to go over the car. Make sure you know what you've got is safe. Find out that much and let us know how it goes. One step at a time.

While the dealer may have not lied to you, they weren't helping you out either. The fact that they won't even give you service records indicates they clearly want to hide something. considering they won't even give you those records after they sold you the car? Sounds like there's some good evidence against them. Just my gut feeling.

My parents bought used card for years. I learned from their mistakes and have only bought new cars since 1994.

Don't beat up yourself that much. These are mistakes that people make everyday. Give yourself credit for realizing the discrepancies and coming here for help. You're already that much wiser now.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardjoe View Post
I know this is a lot to take on with your school work. Sounds like the first thing to do is to arm yourself with facts. Go find a good, reputable, recommended indy shop to go over the car. Make sure you know what you've got is safe. Find out that much and let us know how it goes. One step at a time.

While the dealer may have not lied to you, they weren't helping you out either. The fact that they won't even give you service records indicates they clearly want to hide something. considering they won't even give you those records after they sold you the car? Sounds like there's some good evidence against them. Just my gut feeling.

My parents bought used card for years. I learned from their mistakes and have only bought new cars since 1994.

Don't beat up yourself that much. These are mistakes that people make everyday. Give yourself credit for realizing the discrepancies and coming here for help. You're already that much wiser now.

Thank you for your kind response. It is annoying to deal with this (especially with BMW) when I'm trying to finish my up my degree in the coming days. I'm planning on calling BMW NA and finding out what is considered authorized - presumably their service centers - and I'll take it in for a thorough inspection. I'll report back in a few days.

And yes I am much wiser now. Never again will I buy a used car!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardjoe View Post
The fact that they won't even give you service records indicates they clearly want to hide something. considering they won't even give you those records after they sold you the car? Sounds like there's some good evidence against them. Just my gut feeling.

Real shady and I agree 100%... BUTTTT, as cars get better and better used becomes a smarter and smarter option, but much like lease vs. buy you'll have good arguments for both. I agree and I'd have bought new had I not been trying to be a LITTLE responsible (lol actually considered throwing down 100+ for an m5 ), earn my stripes a little.

I can't wait to find out what the op uncovers, honestly I think if the car was safe, they'd shove those service reports in his face and say gtfo. I think an attorney should be called if they continue stalling on that. I believe a member on here even posted his online so what the op is asking for is FAR from uncommon.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 05-04-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 AM
David W

Mein Auto: 2007 335I E93 & E92
I mostly buy used, last new car was in 1997. You have to check them out and sometimes there is a surprise, Just remember how much less money you have tied up and move on. The carfax on the wife's cabrio shows a $5,000 repair and I have no idea what was fixed because it was done so well. With just the 2 BMW's we saved $70,000 getting them used!!
David
Old 05-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Original Owners Club

Mein Auto: '10 E93;'66 MGB;'73 240Z
Perhaps OP can just go to another dealer to get the service records, since they are all supposed to be computerized?

Other Cars:
1973 Datsun 240Z
1966 MGB Roadster
Old 05-07-2012, 11:39 PM

So... just found out they have NEW 2011's for available. Should I just trade this one in? I really don't want trouble down the line. I'm taking it in for the paint job and window adjustment this Friday. Thoughts?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
So... just found out they have NEW 2011's for available. Should I just trade this one in? I really don't want trouble down the line. I'm taking it in for the paint job and window adjustment this Friday. Thoughts?
So they'll work with you? or they just have them on the lot?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
So they'll work with you? or they just have them on the lot?
The latter...