Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)

F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)
The future is now! The all new 6 series coupe (F12) and convertible (F13) details are out and dealers are taking orders. Still no word on when the 4 door Gran Coupe will go into production.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Mercedes Benz SL550
Don't sales people know how to sell?

I want to buy a new 640 convertible. I stopped by the dealership, drove a car, and liked liked it. A week later I followed up by email with the sales guy. Asked a couple of questions and said I'd like to stop by and order the car (this was on Wednesday). He said he had just left and suggested I stop by Friday evening. After a few more emails, he said he would get back to me today with final pricing info and an answer to a question I asked about availability of shadowline trim. No response today. I followed up. He said shadowline is not available except as part of Individual No mention of pricing or ordering. I followed up again - no response.

I want to buy a $100K+ car and this guy doesn't seem interested. WTF?
Ads by Google
Old 05-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Sorry to hear about your trouble with a sales person. Honestly if I were you, and you had other dealers who are willing to cooperate, i would take my hard earned money elsewhere. If they cant respond
fast enough, then its time to find someone who can, their loss!

Last edited by NoI4plz; 05-04-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Words
Old 05-04-2012, 04:55 PM

Mein Auto: X6M
I agree with the previous poster about taking your money elsewhere.

I will say, though, that Shadowline Trim definitely IS available on non-Individual cars, although it must be obtained through the "special order" process. I've done it (twice now), as has another participant on this forum. It's possible and if a dealer tells you otherwise, he's mistaken.

2014 BMW X6 ///M | SpaceGray/BlackPerforatedFullMerino/CarbonLeather
2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport | GlacierSilver/BlackDakota/DarkBurlWalnut [ON ORDER!]
2014 BMW X6 35i M-Perf | TitaniumSilver/BlackNappa/DarkBamboo [wife's ride]

BMW HISTORY | '13 650xiGC, '12 650xi, '11 535xi, '11 X6 50i, '09 750i, '09 328xiT, '08 650i, '07 750i, '07 X5 4.8i, '06 650i, '05 745i, '05 325xiT, '03 745i, '02 745i, '01 325Cic, '01 X5 4.4i, and on...
Old 05-04-2012, 05:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZLR8 View Post
I agree with the previous poster about taking your money elsewhere.

I will say, though, that Shadowline Trim definitely IS available on non-Individual cars, although it must be obtained through the "special order" process. I've done it (twice now), as has another participant on this forum. It's possible and if a dealer tells you otherwise, he's mistaken.
+1.

I am the other guy that special ordered Shadowline Trim... And all because of this man (XZLR8).
Old 05-04-2012, 10:09 PM

+2 Walk, man. Find another 1) dealership or 2) salesman. I will tell you, though, that BMW thinks that if you don't buy it, someone else is walking in the door right after you. There is one dealership in Houston that I won't visit for that same reason.

What gets me is how little they know about their own products. I asked my salesman to show me how the car auto parks itself. This was in October. He said, "It auto parks itself?" No one knows what's in the M Sport Package, including BMW. I love 'em, but they need some "Schoolin'"

2000 328ci White/Tan
2002 330cic Orient Blue/Tan
2004 330ci Silver/Grey
2007 335i Convertible White/Tan
2009 650i Convertible White/Black
2009 M5 White/Black
2012 650i Convertible White/Cream
  • M Sport Package
  • Driver Assist Package
  • Bang and Olefson System
  • Comfort Seats
  • Contrast Stitching
  • Ceramic Controls
  • 20's
  • Active Steering
Old 05-04-2012, 10:23 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Don't get me wrong here, the machines that the engineers and designers (emphasis on the engineers and designers) at BMW create are the ultimate driving machines. However the individuals who are asked to sell the ultimate driving machines, are divided into two categories; The ultimate client adviser and the ultimate client knucklehead. The Ultimate client adviser is one who understands the product he or she is selling, and understands the customer and also that a sale is a financial transaction between two human beings. The Ultimate client knucklehead is one who believes in the phrase judge a book by its cover, and when asked a question about the product he is selling either rushes in with a BS answer or bases his answer of a term printed on the window sticker he is trying to glance at while the customer asks the question. Variety of reasons why these two categories exist, however I feel like the OP has an ultimate client knucklehead on his hands, and he should try to find the ultimate client adviser for his future ultimate driving machine.

OP BTW, the shadowline trim according to a reliable dealership connection as non-P1 order, but special order is necessary (+1 On Xzlr8)
Old 05-05-2012, 01:55 AM

Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Come to Southern CA where there are 25 BMW dealerships spread across the Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange and Ventura county regions, including the Inland Empire. There are a couple of salespersons who have been highly recommended on Bimmerfest, and who are located in the Los Angeles ~ Ventura regions. These recommendations come from true experts of their cars and who also have historical experience...in other words, many of the OPs' advice and knowledge base found on Bimmerfest are priceless!!

Last edited by Ace535i; 05-05-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Clairity and better use of English
Old 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM
650i ED April 13, 2012

Mein Auto: BMW 650i soon
Watch out for the Inlans Empire. From experience there is at least one bad dealer there. I think they just do not sell many high end cars there.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikey View Post
I want to buy a new 640 convertible. I stopped by the dealership, drove a car, and liked liked it. A week later I followed up by email with the sales guy. Asked a couple of questions and said I'd like to stop by and order the car (this was on Wednesday). He said he had just left and suggested I stop by Friday evening. After a few more emails, he said he would get back to me today with final pricing info and an answer to a question I asked about availability of shadowline trim. No response today. I followed up. He said shadowline is not available except as part of Individual No mention of pricing or ordering. I followed up again - no response.

You can easily use a forum sponser like Greg and Jon (Southern California) and take delivery in South Carolina. Also, I know Adrian in Atlanta is very well regarded.

Any of the three can special order Shadowline for you.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 323i
Quote:

Just call my CA Ed Hahn at Passport BMW he is very knowledgeable and will take care of you, he's professional and will work with you on price. GL!

2012, 650i Coupe, Carbon Black, Black Nappa leather, M Sport , CWP,DAP, IAS, 20" Wheels,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 05-10-2012, 05:17 PM

Update: I went to the dealer on Friday evening to talk with the salesman. Nice guy - said he would see what he could do about getting one of the few build slots that were left and would get back to me Monday. No call. No call Tuesday. No call Wednesday. No call today.

I went to one of the local Mercedes dealers to look at the new SL550. They are in short supply because they are so new. They found one equipped the way I want it and called the dealer who had the car. The dealer wanted a black SL as a swap. My dealer didn't have one, but found another dealer who did and arranged to trade one of their cars with him, then trade his to the dealer who had the car I wanted. The car was shipped and is being prepped today. If everything works out I will have it tomorrow evening.

BTW, the new SL looks much better in person than it does in photos. Headlights a little too big, but the car runs like a bat out of hell and is a lot of fun to drive.

I'll still have the 535 and my bike, so I'm not leaving BMW.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Update: I went to the dealer on Friday evening to talk with the salesman. Nice guy - said he would see what he could do about getting one of the few build slots that were left and would get back to me Monday. No call. No call Tuesday. No call Wednesday. No call today.

I went to one of the local Mercedes dealers to look at the new SL550. They are in short supply because they are so new. They found one equipped the way I want it and called the dealer who had the car. The dealer wanted a black SL as a swap. My dealer didn't have one, but found another dealer who did and arranged to trade one of their cars with him, then trade his to the dealer who had the car I wanted. The car was shipped and is being prepped today. If everything works out I will have it tomorrow evening.

BTW, the new SL looks much better in person than it does in photos. Headlights a little too big, but the car runs like a bat out of hell and is a lot of fun to drive.

Sorry the 6er didn't work out but glad you found a car that suits your needs and you are happy with. Always been a fan of the SL. Congrats!!!

I'm looking forward to the BMW CA finally calling you and you telling him what route you went instead. Lazy, good for nuttin...
Old 05-10-2012, 06:21 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2012 650i xDrive
Quote:

Congrats on the car! I know this is a BMW forum, but it would be great if you posted a photo gallery and some thoughts on the car once you get some time to play in it. It's a competitor, so it is fitting around here... not that most of us on here care about going a bit off topic

Enjoy the new car, and I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD
http://www.youtube.com/user/Southern6er22
http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2012, 09:55 PM

I never thought of a SL as a substitute for 6-series.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
I never thought of a SL as a substitute for 6-series.
I don't mean that they are equals in every respect, but they are both luxury, 2-seater (for all practical purposes), 2-door, German sports GTs that run between $100k and $120k. I think the 650i falls in between a CL and a SL and is the only BMW in the lineup that can compete in this segment. I can't see anyone buying the 6er over a SL for the sole purpose of two extra seats. I think the cavernous size of the 6er's trunk or the hard top of the SL are bigger deal breakers.

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD
Old 05-11-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:

Saw this thread/video over on 6Post and thought I'd repost it here since it kinda applies:

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689895

Old 05-11-2012, 10:34 PM

So which one is gonna get someone a few dates?

Last edited by Ace535i; 05-11-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
So which one is gonna get someone a few dates?
While driving around in my SL, I was randomly trying to pick up girls. I got three numbers the other day...

She said if I get a 6er, she will give me the other four.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinj6 View Post
While driving around in my SL, I was randomly trying to pick up girls. I got three numbers the other day...

I have heard that girls just pop in for those driving the SL and say "I'm yours".....
Old 05-12-2012, 06:56 AM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
If you are planning to drop a hundred grand on a car, you deserve to be treated right, and not as an annoyance.

You were right to walk, the SL is an absolutely fine car.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe
Quote:

2012 650 Coupe - Alpine White / Black Interior / M Package / Premium Sound
Previous Bimmers:
2008 650i Convertible - Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown Pearl Leather / Premium Sound / Sport / Cold / Comfort Access / Lane Departure / HD Radio / Sat Radio
2004 645Ci Convertible - Reverse Sensors / Reverse Camera / Retro iPod
2005 545i Sedan
2003 330Ci Convertible
2001 330Ci Coupe
1998 323i Convertible
1995 318i Sedan
Old 05-12-2012, 08:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650ic
Quote:

Classic.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:47 AM

This is what I bought instead of the 6....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SL Profile.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	324665   Click image for larger version

Name:	SL Interior.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	324669   Click image for larger version

Name:	SL Front 1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	324670   Click image for larger version

Name:	SL Front 2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	324671   Click image for larger version

Name:	SL Rear.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	324672  

Last edited by Bikey; 05-12-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Edit photos
Old 05-12-2012, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650ic
Quote:
Did you save the receipt???
Old 05-12-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Beautiful car, man!

I was just teasing with the joke