Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Mein Auto: N/A
Question Buying a BMW 328i Coupe (2007) As My First Car?

Hey all! It's about that time when I get my first car! I've been looking around online and whatnot, and I found that I would be able to afford a 2007 BMW 328i, either a sedan or a coupe, and I REALLY like how it looks.

Of course, I'm still new to the whole performance car thing (and cars in general). From what I understand from the searches I've done, it's probably not going to kill a BMW by using normal fuel, but it's HIGHLY recommended to use premium fuel. Also, BMW's have higher maintenance and repair costs (oil changes are like $7 a quart, and 10 quarts are needed for an oil change?).

Is that right?

My real questions are:

1. Do actual dealerships (Nissan, etc) and just used car dealers operate under the same standards (regulations, etc)? Would you recommend buying from an actual dealership or a used dealer?

2. Up to how many miles would buying a used car still be worth it?

3. Generally, do used dealers offer warranties or anything of the sort?
Also, do used dealers do extensive checks on the cars they sell? Or do they just buy and then sell them?

4. Are there any "chain" used car dealerships that are well known and reliable, as well as trustable?

5. Finally, I have heard about buying cars from rental places. Does this really work? Is this a good idea? I am somewhat hesitant about buying a rental car.

Kind of lengthy, so any answers on any portion of my questions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all!
Advertisement