Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 04-29-2008, 06:20 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW X3
I'm glad it went off so well after the "Hitch " I knew the two of you would be the" hit" of the Welt......Can wait to see all of the pictures and read about the rest of your journey.Don't forget,your extended " Honeymoon" culminates with your PCD.enjoy the ride !

BMW of Crystal Lake | email: irv_robinson@yahoo.com
For detailed ED information, visit my BMW European Delivery website and my autos blog
Wall Street Journal article on BMW European Delivery
Old 04-29-2008, 06:30 PM
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to mwagner1
Mein Auto: it has four wheels
CONGRATS!!!! I bet that the Welt employees and visitors will remember that for YEARS!!! Continue to have a great trip AND honeymoon and be safe!!

Cheers,
Old 05-01-2008, 05:12 PM

Mein Auto: '08 335xi; 18"; graphite
Congrats!

DO keep us posted!
If memory serves me well, you were going to drive on Maloja pass to Sankt Moritz.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Not a Bimmer driver anymo

Mein Auto: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I'm back, and exhausted (as it's about 3:45am Paris time). But I had to check in! We both appreciate all of your kind words, and had a wonderful time. Beewang, your nav disk was priceless, and it will be in the mail on Monday. It had all the POIs we wanted, including our hotels and other monuments and such - even our unplanned stop to Pont de Gard in France!

Glor - we did take the Maloja pass, but it had a lot more traffic than we expected so it wasn't really that fun. Buses crawling around turns ruined the experience. I wish I could have the power of Top Gear and have roads closed to try again!!

Some downers:
1. A bird dropping went uncleaned in Italy for two days before I got out there with some water and a cloth. Better washing at the Elephant Wash found a small etching already
2. Twice, the car starts were very long and seemed strained - a sign of a potential fuel pump issue already? I know I was worried but didn't get stranded anywhere.

Once pictures are sorted and online I'll post some links!!

Edit: Oh yes, and for a wedding present, it may be non-traditional, but Teri Ann got me a Valentine One detector! ;D

Last edited by Gig103; 05-10-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:19 PM
einauslander

Mein Auto: E30 325iX
Gig..,

We were also at the Welt when you took delivery of your car.

Best wishes to you and your wife and congratulations on the new car. - It was just great to see you guys all dressed up. You were definitely celebrities and the center of attention at the Welt.

When you started your trip down the grand stairway, I ran and got my camera. I am posting one of the pics here, I have a few more and I can send those to you.

From Welt Pickup
Old 05-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i E93 Verte
Quote:
Originally Posted by einauslander View Post
Gig..,

We were also at the Welt when you took delivery of your car.

Best wishes to you and your wife and congratulations on the new car. - It was just great to see you guys all dressed up. You were definitely celebrities and the center of attention at the Welt.

When you started your trip down the grand stairway, I ran and got my camera. I am posting one of the pics here, I have a few more and I can send those to you.

From Welt Pickup

That photo is priceless. If we didn't know the setting one could swear that was the Minister giving his last minute admonition to the bride and bridgroom as they descended the cathedral steps to the sounds of the organ blasting "Here Comes the Bride."
Old 05-11-2008, 06:52 PM

Mein Auto: 335i E93 Verte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
That photo is priceless. If we didn't know the setting one could swear that was the Minister giving his last minute admonition to the bride and bridgroom as they descended the cathedral steps to the sounds of the organ blasting "Here Comes the Bride."

......... and for the rest of the trip there was Mastercard!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:49 PM

That picture is fantastic! Bernard is awesome, by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
......... and for the rest of the trip there was Mastercard!
Don't remind me!!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:20 AM

Mein Auto: SBM 128i convertible.
Great picture and what a wonderful memory! As for Teri Ann's present of a Valentine One detector - well, it just shows that she knows (and cares!) about what is important to you, even though it may seem a bit unusual to others. When my husband and I got married almost 29 years ago, I couldn't afford both a wedding ring and what he really wanted: a top-of-the-line slalom water ski. He got himself a nice wedding ring about 5 years later (I didn't nag either!!), and *really* enjoyed the ski for years. =) Anyone who knew him well didn't think my wedding present was a bit odd!
ED on 6/5: 128i CVs, Sparkling Black, Terracotta, Burl trim, Anthracite Silver softtop, heated front seats, iPod/USB adapter, Premium pkg., Sport pkg., Nav, Xenon lights, Steptronic auto., Comfort Access, Park Distance Control.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:08 PM
N54

Mein Auto: E60 535i M-sport
Congrats!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:29 PM

This really only affects me, but I'm putting it here so I don't lose it

Track By Auto
Wallenius Wilhelmsen
Vessel: INTEGRITY Port of origin : ZEEBRUGGE
Voyage : EB821-ITG Port of Destination : NEW YORK, NY

Port Country Arrival Departure
---------------------------------------------------
BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 20/05/2008 21/05/2008
ANTWERP BELGIUM 23/05/2008 23/05/2008
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 24/05/2008 24/05/2008
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 25/05/2008 25/05/2008
NEW YORK, NY U.S.A. 02/06/2008 03/06/2008
BALTIMORE, MD U.S.A. 04/06/2008 05/06/2008
CHARLESTON,SC U.S.A. 07/06/2008 08/06/2008
BRUNSWICK, GA U.S.A. 09/06/2008 09/06/2008
Old 05-10-2012, 05:40 AM
DA

Send a message via Skype™ to macd1995
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 328 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
Hello everyone!!! I know I'm past the 12 hour rule, but I need an exemption as it is my honeymoon

The Welt was wonderful. We showed up in the wedding outfits, and everyone was fawning over us. We felt like celebrities! Thomas took us through the paperwork very quickly, and then we went and enjoyed the premium lounge for a bit. We actually met with Richifever and his friends too! It was fun coming halfway around the world and meeting another Bimmerfester!!

Finally at noon, we met with Bernard. He is as wonderful as everyone says he is. We had a great time talking about the wedding and our planned trip, as much as we did the predelivery introduction. I love his 'donkey bridges' for remembering the compass points of iDrive too. Before we knew it, it was 12:40 and we hadn't even left the predelivery presentation area, so we hurried back upstairs, to take the big walk down... Our car was there, rotating on the platform right at the bottom of the stairs, across from the restaurant. Welt employees applauded us as we decended, too, which was very nice.

Stephanie came over to take our picture with the car, and took quite a few, posing us similarly to the wedding photographer last Friday Then, a very nice surprise, a small tart was given to us as a gift (along with the customary keychain, of course!!). Teri went to change out of the wedding dress and into something more comfortable for the factory tour while I went over the bluetooth, ipod, etc etc with Bernard. He certainly knows his stuff, all while being one of the most polite gentelmen I've ever met.

A nice last surprise was being asked if we would sign a release allowing BMW to use our photographs in promotions. Of course we said ''YES'' and signed the form. It was not definite that they plan on using the pictures, just that they wanted permission to consider it.

I had to sign the form as I was starting the car, though, since I still needed to do my lap and only had about one minute to the start of the factory tour!! We parked and made it just as the movie introduction was ending, but we still enjoyed the actual tour. It was very detailed, I have to say, and not rushed as a lot of tours are.

Edit: Here is a picture!
Great picture!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:53 AM
BMW Virgin

Mein Auto: Honda Accord
Congratulations and thank you so much for the details.

Picture are great!

Cheers!!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Happily Driving

Mein Auto: 2014 550i M Sport
Holy old thread batman!

Gone, but not forgotten:
2006 530i
, European Delivery June 2005
2008 335i Coupe 6MT, PCD November 2007
2011 550i M Sport, European Delivery May 2011

BMWCCA #350568