Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Suspension and Braking

Suspension and Braking
Springs, coilovers, shocks/struts, sways, strut brakes, BBKs, etc...

Old 05-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Mein Auto: 540i6 s/c 328is turbo
Thumbs up BRAND NEW E36 13" Wilwood Front Big Brake Kit M3 AND NON M

This is a Wilwood 13" 4 Piston FRONT big brake kit to fit 91-99 BMW E36 3 series cars. I also have the brackets and rotors to fit E36 M3 cars (both kits are $900)

I drive my 328is turbo on a 14 mile course over a mountain pass almost every day to the office. I love the twisties. There are 68 turns each way all posted at 45 or 50 mph, of course you know what that means, yeah, you just have to read the fine print where it says 2x. I have this same system on my car and have yet to see ANY brake fade even pulling it down from 140 to 80 (and the occasional 50) time after time. I don't take too many wild chances in my search for the limit, but if I do, I know I can rely on my brakes. Anyone who has done any competition driving can tell you how scary and frustrating it is to deal with brake fade. I've been there, maybe you have too. This system takes care of all that.

This big brake upgrade was manufactured by Revolution Brake LLC and usually sells for around $1200.00 . It is designed to fit 91-99 BMW E36 3 series cars, this front kit contains the following:

ROTORS, 325mm diameter, 25mm thick (12.8" x .1"), cross drilled. The huge thermal mass and cooling efficiency of these rotors eliminates brake fade. These are huge compared to the little stock rotors!!!

CALIPERS, Wilwood forged Dynalit2 four piston fixed mount. These calipers are extremely rugged and light to help reduce unsprung weight. The forging process allows for a very strong rigid design without the use of excess material, they are super light (2.5 lbs compared to stock caliper around 9 lbs each). For more information look on Wilwood's site, http://www.wilwood.com/Products/001-Calipers Don't be put off by their excessive use of "racing", it's all about liability. These calipers can be found in Wilwood street kits also, though they are equally at home on the track. Calipers are supplied with high performance street compound pads.

MOUNTING HARDWARE: Adapters are heavy duty steel, powder coated for corrosion resistance and appearance. All hardware is grade 8 and 10.9 or better including flat washers.

FLEX HOSES: Stainless steel braided Teflon hoses are included with fittings specific to the BMW chassis

17" rims are required to clear these rotors.

Asking $900 or best offer! Thanks,

Jyles

Advertisement