Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 05-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 528i Sport Package
Hells Bells I知 out of Warranty!

So I'm on a road a trip from New Jersey to Fairfax, Virginia and noticed I will be out of warranty before I reach my destination. As I'm driving, AC/DC comes on satellite right at the time my warranty was to expire. Thought the song was fitting so I grabbed my iPhone to record the event so please don't flame me as I'm not an everyday offender.

I had taken delivery on October 29th of 2010 and as you all can see, I maybe the first F10 and of warranty. I didn't buy the extended warranty or another 50k of service for a mere $2400.00, instead I'm self insuring and taking her to a minimum of 150k miles before I'm considering selling her. Mind you this is after owning an E60 535 with the infamous N54 engine with replacements of 4 HPFPs, all injectors, some flexible pipe which was too flexible and shut down my turbos, and many software up grades.

BMW performed a buyer's assist and instead of going with the 535 or 550, yes, I went with the 528. As of today I experience no issues other then a slight tap of the lifters when it's below 35 degrees. The car has been awesome in every way other then the torque I enjoyed with the 535.

Fit and finish of both the interior and exterior are second to none and this car possibly has the best set of brakes I ever had on any mid sized sedan. Being she is considered my 'beater', I plan on racking as many miles as possible before I replace her. She will be free and clear by this September so now there are additional funds to maybe trade up the Porsche for something with a few more HP like a GT3 or even a GT2 RS.

I have no regrets with this 528 and glad she's not the 2012 turbo version to see if BMW has removed the gremlins from their turbo engines. So far, it looks like they may have done that with no real issues but I will be a believer once I see these cars approaching 100k miles.

The first 50 were great and I'll keep on posting the reliability as I go being I will be over 100k before many of your leases expire.
BMWCCA Member #458528 www.bmwcca.org

"If Things Seem Under Control, You're Not Going Fast Enough"
Mario Andretti

Last edited by Slaymaster; 05-14-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 05-14-2012, 06:06 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Hey, you were in my town and didn't say hello? You chooch!

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 528i Sport Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Hey, you were in my town and didn't say hello? You chooch!

Sorry man, I knew I was heading in your direction. I'm sitting in a hotel room at the Marriott at Fair Oaks preping for tomorrows meetings.
BMWCCA Member #458528 www.bmwcca.org

"If Things Seem Under Control, You're Not Going Fast Enough"
Mario Andretti
Old 05-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaymaster View Post
Sorry man, I knew I was heading in your direction. I'm sitting in a hotel room at the Marriott at Fair Oaks preping for tomorrows meetings.
Hopefully you didn't go to the Brazillian restaurant at the Mall and eat too much meat!

Welcome to traffic hell. Hope you enjoy the stay!

Oh yea, congrats on the milestone!

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians