Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 520d f10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCar View Post
And by the way don't you have separate scroller on you LHS to adjust the interior illumination intensity?
Yes, I have. But still to weak. Nearly invisible.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 AM

Mein Auto: 5 Series F10 2012 Model
Can anyone post the link to this recently updated torrent? Or point to a post or pm me.

I have a fast 54MBps download/ 16MBps upload link, so will seed… once I get the files.

Thank you...
Old 05-15-2012, 12:30 PM
The Coder guy in N.Y

Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSW1 View Post
Excuse my crappy soldering skills. Here's some pictures of the OBD2 side of the ENET cable.

The cable in the picture is CAT6. For a better reference to the schematic, the following applies:

PIN 3 - Light Blue (CAT 6) would be Green Stripe (CAT5e)
PIN 4 & 5 (Bridged) - Brown (CAT 6) would be Brown (CAT5e) - This is what is grounded to the RJ-45
PIN 11 - Green (CAT6) would be Solid Green (CAT5e)
PIN 12 - White (CAT 6) would be Orange Stripe (CAT5e)
PIN 13 - Orange (CAT 6) would be Solid Orange (CAT5e)
PIN 8 and 16 (Bridged) with a 510ohm, 1/4 (.25) watt resistor

Sean
Sean on the cable that you built for me on the RJ-45 there is no brown wire at that end of the connection yet at the OBDii connection there is a brown wire coming out of the bundle and its connected to the bridged pin 4 and 5 which i think is the ground wire. I just bought a cable trying to make one for a friend and on the Cat5e 568B wiring on the RJ-45 there is a brown/white and brown wire....Can I use that brown wire to ground it to the bridged pin of 4 and 5. I cannot take that pin out of the RJ-45 connection like the one you did for me as it was an already made patch. If i connect that brown wire to pin 4 and 5 will it short anything. Thanks
Old 05-15-2012, 01:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
@gspannu; See Post# 108 for the Torrent:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...&postcount=108

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 05-15-2012, 01:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4, 2012 535i xdrive
Anyone coding in Milwaukee area?

I just bought a 2012 535i xdrive, and the one thing that really annoys me is that blasted auto stop. I understand the ease of pushing the button to disable it, but in my mind, it's my car and I don't want to have to remember to push it. I'd rather just disable it.

From what I've read, this is something that can be done, but I'm leary about doing this myself without first seeing how things are done.

If there is anyone in the Milwaukee area willing to code mine, I'd be interested in knowing.

Also, the speed in the digital display would be nice, and I have a 2011 Z4 that could use that as well.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:21 PM

Mein Auto: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Just an update with respect to the non-functional Sport displays: they still don't work.

They appear but do nothing. When I put the car in Sport or Sport+ mode, I get the option to select "Sport Displays". Driving, revving, etc. have no effect.

Could it be that I have Dinan software? Or perhaps I'm missing something else? There is a way to share coding, right?
mine is also a 550 and is not working./ so it's not Dinan related

I, think that sharing the configs between us could find what is the missing. but it will be a lot of work

Last edited by hans_gregor; 05-15-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Mobelieum,
Yes I have checked it ... Now I have a new menu called interior lighting under settings -- lighting and I have options like luxury/classic (depends on how you activate the parameters) but it doesn't work...
And by the way don't you have separate scroller on you LHS to adjust the interior illumination intensity?
for me also they are not working. probably is only with the new 3 series
Old 05-15-2012, 01:55 PM

@hans_gregor; Ugh. So we have some with perfectly working Sport Displays, some like mine that are working yet unable to change the units to hp and ft lbs, and some like yours that show up yet are completely non-functional. This makes little sense.

As for the interior lighting settings, the F30 3-Series uses the F020 1-Series psdzdata, not the F10 5-Series psdzdata. So, the fact that it is in the 5-Series psdzdata tells us that a) it works in some current F10 yet unknown to us, and / or b) it's there as they are developing it for the LCI F10, and / or c) since the F10 psdzdata is also used for the F12/F13 6-series, it is reserved for use on them. My guess is it is c).

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 05-15-2012, 01:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M5
@shawn: Yep. It's frustrating. I can change the units of measurement on mine but get absolutely no data. I've been looking through various things throughout the day today. I had all of the FDL's from my car saved and have been going through them offline, looking for various keywords, etc. So far, no luck but I've yet to actually write any coding back to the car.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:01 PM

Mein Auto: Future: F80 M3
Ahh it is frustrating ....you have plate full of food and cannot eat it? Dont tell me that we reached the end and there is nothing more we can do!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:39 PM

Mein Auto: 5 Series F10 2012 Model
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
@gspannu; See Post# 108 for the Torrent:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...&postcount=108
Thank you. Just started the torrent download. Only have 4 peers at the moment. I will keep the torrent running/ seeding off my NAS server...
Old 05-15-2012, 05:36 PM

SPORT DISPLAYS:

Has anyone besides myself, DreamCar, Alex_c, wdimagineer, and hans_gregor tested the Sport Displays yet? If so, please provide your feedback in terms of 1) Works Perfectly ; 2) Works but Units Can't Be changed , and 3) Meters are Completely Non-Functional , and include the vehicles Year, Model, and ISTA/P version if known.

As far as 3) Meters are Completely Non-Functional goes, right now, based on a very limited set of data, it seems unique to 550's, so I would specifically like some more 550 feedback.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 000.png
Views:	195
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	325209  

Old 05-15-2012, 05:39 PM

@DreamCar; Check your email for the updated Excel Code List.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 PM

Shawn,

Thansk will update the first post with your excel and the docs i got from sean.

I have also tested the comfort opening ... there is no difference between comfort and all doors ... not sure if i am missing anything.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:50 PM

Shawn,

havent you tested the color lines/color switch? comfort opening? and also for speed info i am curious if the blind spot camera behind the rear view mirror help?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:35 PM

@Needsdecaf; Bimmerfest isn't as generous as Gmail is with the space. You need to delete some PM's:

Needsdecaf has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Anyway, EDIABAS.INI should have been Interface = ENET by default. Are you sure you didn't mistakenly edit _EDIABAS.INI, which is Interface = STD:FUNK

Old 05-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
@Needsdecaf; Bimmerfest isn't as generous as Gmail is with the space. You need to delete some PM's:

Needsdecaf has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Anyway, EDIABAS.INI should have been Interface = ENET by default. Are you sure you didn't mistakenly edit _EDIABAS.INI, which is Interface = STD:FUNK
I made room.

Hmmm, that could have been the one I edited. Will have to go back and check. Or will it not make a difference if I do? The Interface was STD:FUNK

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 05-15-2012, 06:39 PM

@Needsdecaf; I think you are ok as is, since the laptop got an IP address.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
@Needsdecaf; I think you are ok as is, since the laptop got an IP address.
Cool.

More tomorrow.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 05-15-2012, 06:54 PM
The Coder guy in N.Y

JUst got back from doing my first coding session with a 2012 650 (F12) Damn thing had 468 miles on it!! I was nervous as hell messing with a 95K car for the first coding of an f_series for me. I did simple coding for Mirrors/windows with key fob. That went very easy as I was able to look for the function values rather quickly in CAS and FRM modules. Coded it without a hitch. Then the owner wanted one more before he left as he was in a rush. He wanted to code out and disable the driver sound on disconnect.
I went into the ACSM module and looked into 3000 Ausstattungsflags folder, and scroll down to look for the values and for the life of me could not find values of SPW_BF or SPW_FA I used the target F10. Any clues what I am missing or what?? Do some cars not have these function values as other do???

Compared to NCS, E-sys is so much more time consuming, but granted I am still a novice with it, I can see from my coding experience with NCSexpert, that its much more tedious and longer for sure. I guess we were spoiled with how easy NCSexpert is!

Last edited by cn555ic; 05-15-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Over 20 years owning BMWs

Mein Auto: 2012 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulao58 View Post
I just bought a 2012 535i xdrive, and the one thing that really annoys me is that blasted auto stop. I understand the ease of pushing the button to disable it, but in my mind, it's my car and I don't want to have to remember to push it. I'd rather just disable it.

From what I've read, this is something that can be done, but I'm leary about doing this myself without first seeing how things are done.

If there is anyone in the Milwaukee area willing to code mine, I'd be interested in knowing.

Also, the speed in the digital display would be nice, and I have a 2011 Z4 that could use that as well.
Yes, you can change the default of the Auto Start/Stop to OFF. It will only turn ON by itself if you go to ECO Pro mode. Next time you start the car, A.S.S. will be OFF.

@DREAMCAR: Here are the settings for the spreadsheet:

MODULE: CAS
SECTION: 3000 TC
FUNCTION: TC_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF
NEW VALUE: aktiv
DEFAULT: nicht_aktiv
DESCRIPTION: Changes Auto Start/Stop default state to OFF

As everyone says, do it at your own risk... I already did this mod and it works as described.
2012 535i | Built 8/25˜9/07 2011 | Delivered 10-15-2011 | Carbon Black | Oyster Black Dakota Leather | M-Sport Pkg | Luxury Seating Pkg | Premium Pkg | Premium Sound Pkg | Technology Pkg | Sport Auto Trans. | Split Fold-Down Seats | Heated Seats | Side & Top View Cameras | Heads-Up Display | BMW Apps | Black Panel Display | Trunk Lip Spoiler | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust | AirBlue Tint | Turner Wheel Spacers | Euro Plates | Hardwire V1 w/BOB | Media Cradle | Debadged | Kitchen Sink Pkg...
Old 05-15-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Alex_C

Did you enable EFF_DYN_SYS_CID ?

I think we (2012) have this enabled by default

I checked this and on 535 2012's it is enabled (aktiv) by default.

Also, one more contribution: Enable the Gear display on the dashboard when you move the shifter to Sport mode (to the left). The gears will show as S1 to S7 as the transmission changes gears:

MODULE: KOMBI
SECTION: 3000 Anzeige Konfiguration
FUNCTION: SPA_SPORT_ENABLE
NEW VALUE: aktiv
DEFAULT: nicht_aktiv
DESCRIPTION: Displays the gear the transmission is using while in Sport mode.

I enabled this on my 535 and it works as described.

Cheers!
2012 535i | Built 8/25˜9/07 2011 | Delivered 10-15-2011 | Carbon Black | Oyster Black Dakota Leather | M-Sport Pkg | Luxury Seating Pkg | Premium Pkg | Premium Sound Pkg | Technology Pkg | Sport Auto Trans. | Split Fold-Down Seats | Heated Seats | Side & Top View Cameras | Heads-Up Display | BMW Apps | Black Panel Display | Trunk Lip Spoiler | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust | AirBlue Tint | Turner Wheel Spacers | Euro Plates | Hardwire V1 w/BOB | Media Cradle | Debadged | Kitchen Sink Pkg...
Old 05-15-2012, 07:15 PM

@shawnsheridan
I found somewhere a setting where you can choose between ambient light style. What is doing, is just adding styles into the Ambient light menu, and styles are something like classic, urban, sport and luxury. The design lines from F30? That's why I am thinking that is only for F30.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:16 PM

How about displaying the Rolls Royce's Spirit of Ecstasy on your navi screen?...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1337134565.401689.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	325232  
Old 05-15-2012, 07:21 PM
The Coder guy in N.Y

On the cheat sheet for Video in Motion...It says it may require NETTODAT files to code in change. That is an error or has anyone actually changed the value to FF for both min and Max speedlock and got it to work??
Closed Thread