BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

new 5 series, need to install car seats! :-(

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  joeyrapp00 
#1 ·
So, I have 2 Britax Marathon car seats that need to be installed in my car. In my E60 I used the Eddie Bauer seat protector, but all that did was protect from spills, it did not protect the indentions in the leather that the seats would make. Anyone have a creative way to protect the seat entirely? Would a folded towel do the trick?

Delivery of the car is tomorrow! :)
2012 535.

#2 ·
How do plan to protect from cracker bits, cookie crumbs, red juice, spilled milk, M&Ms, melted chocolate, ........... :dunno:

Sorry ....... my daughter who was born in Houston gets married this weekend and it was all worth it :thumbup:

#3 · (Edited)
I use these:

http://www.princelionheart.com/site/t_cs_0560.html

Thin, grippy and do a VERY good job at protecting the seats. When you remove the seat and the protector, the indentations go away FULLY within 24-48 hours.

Also, you can cut them a bit if they are too wide for the latch connectors, etc. I have used them since 2007 in multiple cars. I had a seat base installed in my Volvo for 3.5 years and when I pulled it out and sold it, you couldn't tell.

Also gives a decent amount of protection from spills and crap without being obnoxious.

I also highly recommend these for the seat backs as if you have forward facing seats, they WILL kick the seats. And if you have Oyster seats, the backs are white and show everything.

http://www.wayfair.com/Rover-Gear-Chelsea-Automobile-Seat-Back-Protector-ACA10B-RVG1006.html

Crappy picture of my setup. The one closest to the camera is cut to width, as it needed to be in my old car and it's JUST wide enough for a full sized Britax (literally zero room to spare). Unomolested, the full sheet is at least 2-3" wider on each side so plenty of room for protection.

I highly recommend this setup as it has served me well and, to me, does not detract overall from the look of the car too badly.

#4 ·
I use a fancy gadget called "My Wife's Car" ...but in answer to your question about a towel....it depends....

I use a towel (and have done for ages) whenever I have the car seats in my car. The reason I say "it depends" is because its seems to work well in my Mercedes, but didn't do so well in my old Chrysler (also leather seats). The difference was that the 300C (believe it or not) had plusher back seats and the achor points were further recessed than on the E350 - Net result was that the towel didn't do as much to prevent the "dents" in the leather.

It workes better in the Mercedes, but to be honest, I always remove or at least loosen-up the seat when its not being used.

#6 ·
:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.