Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 05-13-2012, 04:35 PM

Mein Auto: Car
Z4 - Big Guy's Car?

For the last couple of days, my wife and I have been talking about Z4s, but haven't had the chance to look for one locally. My concern is that I'm 6'2" and close to 275lbs. With that being said, my current fun car is a 2003 Mustang GT and I find it to be adequate as far as driver room is concerned. Are there any big guys out there that can share their experiences with both pre and post '08 Z4s. We're hoping to stay around $25k for a used Z4, so that means we'll likely have to go for a pre-'08, but if a great deal came along on an '09+, I'm sure I could flash the puppy dog eyes.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:25 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe
I am 6'2" and 280lbs. i own a Z4 M coupe and have no room issues at all. plenty big enough. i will say the coupe is a bit easier as far as getting in it then the convertable jsut the cut of the window. Hope that helps
Old 05-18-2012, 07:23 PM

Mein Auto: Car
I appreciate your response and am pleased to announce that I was able to test out an '06 Z4 yesterday. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the cut of the window. Although I haven't had the chance to compare a coupe, the cut of the window in the vert was really my only concern. Once in the car, it was very comfortable. I don't know that I would be able to drive a manual Z4 on a regular basis, but my wife and I were looking for a automatic anyway, so that isn't an issue. Now, I just need to find and test a Boxster. As with many others, my choices have been narrowed down to the Z4 and the Boxster.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:33 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe
the boxster seemed a bit small for me and too pricey for what it was. I would go for the Z4 its jsut more fun to drive imo. Plus porsche maintence is a little higher priced then the Z4.but thats jsut me and my 2 cents the manual isnt bad to drive thats what mine is. i can scoot the seat all the way back and cant reach the clutch LOL.