Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-15-2012, 09:47 AM
X3emist's Avatar
X3emist X3emist is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NW Georgia USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,306
Mein Auto: 06 X3 Sport
Recode your vehicle

Any of you guys feeling frisky this might be something you want to get into- note on down there is a file available for the F25

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=619819
__________________
2006 X3 Silver Grey/Black Lthr/Alum Trim/Sport Prem Pkg/Xenons/Servotronic/Prem Sound/Satellite Radio/Heated Seats/Carbon Fiber Pillars/Blue Tooth/Aux In/Cargo Net/Aluminum Pedals/V1 Hardwired
[SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 05-15-2012, 10:35 AM
gfeiner's Avatar
gfeiner gfeiner is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 536
Mein Auto: 2012 X3 xDrive35i
Interesting. I will wait until the factory warranty is up on my X3 before changing settings like that, especially settings that BMW normally has enabled/disabled in the USA. I wouldn't want to give BMW amunition for a warranty claim denial.

Last edited by gfeiner; 05-15-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2012, 10:37 AM
snowboardjoe snowboardjoe is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle, WA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3emist View Post
Any of you guys feeling frisky this might be something you want to get into- note on down there is a file available for the F25

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=619819
Sweet! I will definitely be looking into this. I will wait awhile after I get my X3 (hopefully tomorrow or Thursday) before attempting anything, but definitely tempting. I'll be glad to help test things out once I get comfortable with things.
__________________
Joe Morris
2013 X3 28i (prem, tech, cold1&2, conv, hud)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-16-2012, 10:04 AM
captirwin captirwin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Las Vegas, NV
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 115
Send a message via Skype™ to captirwin
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Exciting

This excites me...

I'M waiting with baited breath for more updates to the X3 F25 forum.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:05 PM
decade2000 decade2000 is offline
Registered User
Location: san diego
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 17
Mein Auto: '11 s4, '13 x3
I am used to coding my audis so I'll definitely give it a try. I've gathered all hardware/software needed. The only thing missing is the car Estimated delivery date 6/5.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:09 PM
captirwin captirwin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Las Vegas, NV
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 115
Send a message via Skype™ to captirwin
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Keep us posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by decade2000 View Post
I am used to coding my audis so I'll definitely give it a try. I've gathered all hardware/software needed. The only thing missing is the car Estimated delivery date 6/5.
Im very interested also. Keep us posted. What is the new car?
Thanks

Last edited by captirwin; 05-17-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:18 PM
decade2000 decade2000 is offline
Registered User
Location: san diego
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 17
Mein Auto: '11 s4, '13 x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by captirwin View Post
Im very interested also. Keep us posted. What is the new car?
Thanks
13 X3 28i. Production finished on 5/12 but CA said it'll take over 3 weeks to get here. The wait is killing me.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:22 PM
captirwin captirwin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Las Vegas, NV
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 115
Send a message via Skype™ to captirwin
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by decade2000 View Post
13 X3 28i. Production finished on 5/12 but CA said it'll take over 3 weeks to get here. The wait is killing me.
Im sure you'll enjoy it. Im very happy with my 2013 X3 35i. I just had to have the big engine
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-18-2012, 08:38 AM
snowboardjoe snowboardjoe is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle, WA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by decade2000 View Post
13 X3 28i. Production finished on 5/12 but CA said it'll take over 3 weeks to get here. The wait is killing me.
Oh, yeah, you still have a wait. Here's my timeline so far:

24 Mar: Ordered car
27 Apr: Finished production
29 Apr: On train to Oxnard, CA
09 May: Arrived in Oxnard, CA

It's been waiting down there for a truck to get it to Seattle (they originally expected it to get here Tuesday of this week). Still waiting.

I would guess it's possible you will see it by 01 June. Hit up your CA and see if it's on the train and that will give you a better idea.
__________________
Joe Morris
2013 X3 28i (prem, tech, cold1&2, conv, hud)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-18-2012, 06:06 PM
JupiterX3 JupiterX3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Palm Beach County, FL
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 146
Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i M Sport
Ok, so I'm ready to start learning this stuff and learning how to code the F25. I am home with a new baby, vacation for 4 months, so I have lots of time to play. I will start sourcing the stuff to build the cable tomorrow...

My question is where to get the E-sys. Everything I found was either removed or links had expired...

decade2000- You have the software? I have the vehicle... '12 35i M Sport... Perhaps we can share ideas/info.. I admit, I'll need some help, but I can get started now perhaps with your guidance and give you feedback, that way you can have some questions worked out when you get your vehicle.... Thoughts?? Also, ironic, your vehicle completed production the same day our baby girl arrived. Two fantastic creations that day! Hah!!
__________________
Jon
2012 X3 35i M Sport /// 2004 330i ZHP

Hers & His
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-18-2012, 06:10 PM
JupiterX3 JupiterX3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Palm Beach County, FL
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 146
Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i M Sport
Also, one other question... All of the screen shots I see for the E-sys are all on a Windows based computer... I run Apple products at home. Does anyone know if this stuff is compatible? I do have VMWare and Windows XP on my machine, but would prefer to run it in the Apple side of things...
__________________
Jon
2012 X3 35i M Sport /// 2004 330i ZHP

Hers & His
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-18-2012, 06:59 PM
decade2000 decade2000 is offline
Registered User
Location: san diego
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 17
Mein Auto: '11 s4, '13 x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterX3 View Post
Also, one other question... All of the screen shots I see for the E-sys are all on a Windows based computer... I run Apple products at home. Does anyone know if this stuff is compatible? I do have VMWare and Windows XP on my machine, but would prefer to run it in the Apple side of things...
It's a windows program so you'll have to run it in a windows vm. Check your pm for info on the software.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-18-2012, 09:43 PM
captirwin captirwin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Las Vegas, NV
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 115
Send a message via Skype™ to captirwin
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Also interested in learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by decade2000 View Post
It's a windows program so you'll have to run it in a windows vm. Check your pm for info on the software.
Im a senior citizen with a little compter ability.
Im also interested in reprograming my new X3.
When I start reading the threads, I get overwelmed. Any help will be appreciated. Fell free to PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-19-2012, 07:32 AM
JupiterX3 JupiterX3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Palm Beach County, FL
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 146
Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i M Sport
I too agree, it is extremely overwhelming to start into all of this with no previous experience. I am fairly computer savvy though, so I'm going to attempt to break into this and I will of course take notes and attempt to translate a lot of it into easier to understand reading. I have seen some that are doing a LOT of extensive programming with the EcoDrive, including additional screens and more... I probably won't get into that, but a few things I would like to do include a few more capabilities with the comfort access key including folding mirrors and auto open/close of the windows and moonroof.

Anyway, I'm sure the F25 forum will slowly start to gain more and more with all of this. The F10 5 series cars seem to be well underway with it all, so it will be nice to follow on their coat tails.

More to come!
__________________
Jon
2012 X3 35i M Sport /// 2004 330i ZHP

Hers & His
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-19-2012, 07:34 AM
pwdrskr pwdrskr is offline
Registered User
Location: Seattle, WA
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Anyone in the Seattle area have the cable/software to do this? I'll offer up my X3 as a guinea pig!
__________________
2011 X3 35i, Titanium Silver, Mohave Nevada Leather, Sport Activity Package, Convenience Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Brushed Aluminum trim, Head-up Display, Satellite radio, Logic7
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-19-2012, 09:51 AM
captirwin captirwin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Las Vegas, NV
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 115
Send a message via Skype™ to captirwin
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterX3 View Post
I too agree, it is extremely overwhelming to start into all of this with no previous experience. I am fairly computer savvy though, so I'm going to attempt to break into this and I will of course take notes and attempt to translate a lot of it into easier to understand reading. I have seen some that are doing a LOT of extensive programming with the EcoDrive, including additional screens and more... I probably won't get into that, but a few things I would like to do include a few more capabilities with the comfort access key including folding mirrors and auto open/close of the windows and moonroof.

Anyway, I'm sure the F25 forum will slowly start to gain more and more with all of this. The F10 5 series cars seem to be well underway with it all, so it will be nice to follow on their coat tails.

More to come!
Agreed.
I'm looking forward to learning how to access the ECM and reprogram it.
I maybe old, but I'm still trying...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-19-2012, 03:00 PM
poppap poppap is offline
Registered User
Location: US
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: 2013 F25
Got my hands on E-Sys 3.18 w/ EST, psdzdata 46.1, ordered parts to make the ENET cable..
Just wondering if it will work on 2013 F25 or if I will need newer version...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-19-2012, 05:20 PM
captirwin captirwin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Las Vegas, NV
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 115
Send a message via Skype™ to captirwin
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppap View Post
Got my hands on E-Sys 3.18 w/ EST, psdzdata 46.1, ordered parts to make the ENET cable..
Just wondering if it will work on 2013 F25 or if I will need newer version...
From what I've read, I think you need F025 psdzdata.
I hope someone who knows for sure will answer soon. I want to know if im on the right track.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-19-2012, 05:20 PM
JonathanArcher JonathanArcher is offline
Captain Amazing
Location: Glastonbury, Connecticut
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Should work from all I've read.
__________________
2013 X3 28i DSB/Mojave/FW
SA, CONV, CW I, PREM, PREM SND, TECH, HUD
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-20-2012, 05:58 AM
michael T michael T is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Vancouver
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 106
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Hello everyone,

ebay sells the required cable.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BMW-INPA...46147222935985

Buy it now for $36.00 free shipping for US and Canada
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-20-2012, 06:02 AM
JonathanArcher JonathanArcher is offline
Captain Amazing
Location: Glastonbury, Connecticut
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Michael- that's a USB cable, and the new chassis' require a Ethernet type cable. The new cars actually have DNS addresses.
__________________
2013 X3 28i DSB/Mojave/FW
SA, CONV, CW I, PREM, PREM SND, TECH, HUD
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-20-2012, 09:47 AM
gareth12468 gareth12468 is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: You don't want to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanArcher View Post
Michael- that's a USB cable, and the new chassis' require a Ethernet type cable. The new cars actually have DNS addresses.
This one should work.....

http://codecard.lt/electronics/tools.../prod_651.html
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-20-2012, 11:00 AM
JupiterX3 JupiterX3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Palm Beach County, FL
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 146
Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth12468 View Post
Yep, that'll work, but 30 Euros is not all that cheap. That sounds about like $39 USD... I'm fairly confident it can be made a lot cheaper than that!
__________________
Jon
2012 X3 35i M Sport /// 2004 330i ZHP

Hers & His
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-20-2012, 11:24 AM
JonathanArcher JonathanArcher is offline
Captain Amazing
Location: Glastonbury, Connecticut
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Autologic has one for $140... So $39 is kinda cheap.

Found one on amazon I'm confident will work.

Check this out on AMZN: Cable, J1962M RA to RJ45, ScanGaugeII Replacement Cable (146601) http://amzn.com/B000NHUKJG
__________________
2013 X3 28i DSB/Mojave/FW
SA, CONV, CW I, PREM, PREM SND, TECH, HUD
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-20-2012, 11:54 AM
captirwin captirwin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Las Vegas, NV
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 115
Send a message via Skype™ to captirwin
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanArcher View Post
Autologic has one for $140... So $39 is kinda cheap.

Found one on amazon I'm confident will work.

Check this out on AMZN: Cable, J1962M RA to RJ45, ScanGaugeII Replacement Cable (146601) http://amzn.com/B000NHUKJG
I have a ScanGage cable with the cat6/obd2 connectors. If someone would be so kind as to give me the pinouts, I'll check it out for compatability.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms