Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2012 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2012 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 13th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 19, 2012 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 05-19-2012, 12:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to hb arab
Mein Auto: E Dirty 9
Thumbs down FURSTRATED with Bimmerfest staff!

Just to open up, I'd like to say that today's bimmerfest gathering is great, I'm currently at the festival enjoying all the wonderful vehicles. I'd also like to state that I've been part of the BMW community for many years, I've been going to the fest for a few years but I'm quiet on the forums. I've owned multiple BMWs: E36s, E34s, E39s, E92s, etc...
I recently acquired a Mini Cooper S, which is considered part of the BMW family. Hell, my cooper is more of a sports car than a ton of the bloated 5/7 series cars that are at the fest right now... (Sorry for the hostility).

Well last night, a detailed my car, got my two-way radio ready, and got pumped about being at the fest today... Well, I arrive to the fest with a small caravan of cars and I pull up to the entrance gate and guess what... I GET DENIED ENTRANCE

According to the mindless gate attendee "if it doesn't have a BMW badge, you can't come in" and he made me turn around. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. This makes my blood boil, myself and a few other minis were forced to park on the street, and pay the per person entrance fee as opposed to 20 bucks per car...

This has left a sour taste in my mouth in regards to the bimmerfest organization, I think either you need to have better communication or education, or someone needs to pull their head out of their rear-end.

/endrant, enjoy the fest, I'll probably save myself the trouble and not attend next year...
Ads by Google
Old 05-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb arab View Post
Just to open up, I'd like to say that today's bimmerfest gathering is great, I'm currently at the festival enjoying all the wonderful vehicles. I'd also like to state that I've been part of the BMW community for many years, I've been going to the fest for a few years but I'm quiet on the forums. I've owned multiple BMWs: E36s, E34s, E39s, E92s, etc...
I recently acquired a Mini Cooper S, which is considered part of the BMW family. Hell, my cooper is more of a sports car than a ton of the bloated 5/7 series cars that are at the fest right now... (Sorry for the hostility).

Well last night, a detailed my car, got my two-way radio ready, and got pumped about being at the fest today... Well, I arrive to the fest with a small caravan of cars and I pull up to the entrance gate and guess what... I GET DENIED ENTRANCE

According to the mindless gate attendee "if it doesn't have a BMW badge, you can't come in" and he made me turn around. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. This makes my blood boil, myself and a few other minis were forced to park on the street, and pay the per person entrance fee as opposed to 20 bucks per car...

This has left a sour taste in my mouth in regards to the bimmerfest organization, I think either you need to have better communication or education, or someone needs to pull their head out of their rear-end.

/endrant, enjoy the fest, I'll probably save myself the trouble and not attend next year...
Damn, this is wrong. John! Did you read this????

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT
Old 05-19-2012, 01:38 PM

Mein Auto: E92 335i
They didn't deny you entrance. You just had to park in the area for non BMW cars instead of on the grass. So you had to walk 50 feet and park next to a Buick is that what you're pissed about? A Mini is not a BMW. An Audi is not a Lamborghini. Yes they may share technologies and ownership umbrella but the companies are operated as completely separate entities.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPark01 View Post
They didn't deny you entrance. You just had to park in the area for non BMW cars instead of on the grass. So you had to walk 50 feet and park next to a Buick is that what you're pissed about? A Mini is not a BMW. An Audi is not a Lamborghini. Yes they may share technologies and ownership umbrella but the companies are operated as completely separate entities.
Incorrect sir, I was actually denied, made me turn around and park outside on the street. Only after walking around the fest for a couple of hours and raising hell with the staff did they let me bring my car onto the grass. Besides, a mini is more of a bmw than a buick... AND I saw numerous Benzes and a couple of Audis parked on the grass...
Old 05-19-2012, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb arab View Post
Incorrect sir, I was actually denied, made me turn around and park outside on the street. Only after walking around the fest for a couple of hours and raising hell with the staff did they let me bring my car onto the grass. Besides, a mini is more of a bmw than a buick... AND I saw numerous Benzes and a couple of Audis parked on the grass...
First of all there's no street parking around the Rosebowl, it's completely residential. There are designated parking lots for non BMW's. It's 20 bucks either way. How do you know the other non BMW cars parked on the grass were not the cars of the organizers? Instead of going there and having a good time you pissed and whined so you could part 50 feet closer to the main event and posted it here. Time well spent, nice job.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:27 PM

Mein Auto: A Tractor
OP, Why did not you take a picture of Audis and Mercedez among the bimmers on the grass? You could have posted it here to back up your arguement and prove that bimmerfest staff and event sucks monkey balls.
But without a picture, this is nothing but fluff.

Last edited by wippenberg; 05-19-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:45 PM

Yes, I parked in a residential area off of Seco/Mountain. Its not about walking 50 feet, its about the feeling of the BMW community not being such a community anymore.

And as for pictures, I didn't think it would be necessary to play inspector gadget, I could point out the the silver CL65 parked in the back close to the food court, the flat white escalade somewhat near the Seco entrance, The black Evo X parked in the far/back side of the grass next to all the E30s, the blue Audi B6 S4 and then navy blue E55 that rolled in at around noon...

And btw: you flaming me isn't helping the image of a united BMW family. Thanks.

Last edited by hb arab; 05-19-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:27 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
I saw a few Minis on the grounds and there was even a Mini entered in the "Battle of the Bimmers" Content. The gatekeeper was clueless. Probably doesn't even own a BMW himself, just paid to do a job that was apparently poorly defined.

Sorry you had a bad experience, this should not have happened. There were several entry points, you could have tried another gate, but this is clearly not your fault.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Old 05-19-2012, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: A Tractor
Here we go. The gatekeeper was an @$$hole for sure.

Last edited by wippenberg; 05-19-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:02 PM

Mein Auto: QX56 & 745i
that sucks, i saw a few audi and even a chevy truck parked inside the grass area
Old 05-19-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wippenberg View Post
Here we go. The gatekeeper was an @$$hole for sure.

Haha, thank you for the proof... That B6 was pretty clean though, can't even lie...
Old 05-20-2012, 12:59 AM
1st time 'Fester in 2012!

Mein Auto: '96 E36 silver 328i MT 4d

Sympathizing with you OP

Luxury F30 335i 6MT, ED : 4/12/12
Drop-off: 4/24/12, Re-Delivery : 7/10/12
Old 05-20-2012, 01:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to synenergy52
Mein Auto: 330i
Next time, talk to Jon directly! I agree it's a no-brainer Minis should have been allowed on premises. Probably just a kid they hired off the street to do a job.

Cooling System Guide
Dayco 89133 Mechanical Tensioner Pulley
Old 05-20-2012, 11:03 AM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByF30 View Post
There's one of those smart cars parked in the background.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience OP.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 05-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Somebody stop me....

Mein Auto: EW/// 86
The B6 was right by me. No way he should have gotten in and you get denied. Saw the R8, GT-R, some busted civic was insdie the fence too, mercedes, porsche.

Never been to one before, but must say that it could have been organized a little better.
You can’t spend all your time worrying about where your next Twinkie is going to come from, so follow rule #32 and Enjoy The Little Things.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:45 PM
)\/(ARX

Mein Auto: 1998 m3
there was a lot of non bmw cars on the grass parking I even saw a ****ty jeep lol. they should have a non bmw parking area
Old 05-20-2012, 02:01 PM

Mein Auto: e92
There was a lot of non BMW cars parked on the grass. I also saw a good amount of minis.

Thy should have let you park on the grass
Old 05-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
I cannot speak for the administration, but I ask that you guys be patient with a response from one. Remember that this event takes several months to plan and several days afterwards to wrap everything and get settled back in to their normal lives.

What I can say is that a lot of effort is put into these events and it's only 3 of them that make this happen with the help of others. There are going to be mistakes, but they are always willing to listen. Every event improves ever year in some sort of shape or way.

Thanks!

Last edited by AndrewZ; 05-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i 6spd manual
I agree with The Raven. I know Tim, Mark,and Jon. If they were aware of the MINI situation, I am sure you would have been let in. It was probably some rogue parking lot guy that didn't know his head from his butt.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Just a Gigolo

Mein Auto: '02 540iA '05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by e39 dave View Post
I agree with The Raven. I know Tim, Mark,and Jon. If they were aware of the MINI situation, I am sure you would have been let in. It was probably some rogue parking lot guy that didn't know his head from his butt.
Since you know those guys...see if one of em can help you out and change your bimmerfest screen name to "e60 dave"
'05 M3 Track Beast - Ground Control coilovers - APEX Arc8's in Nitto NT01's - Fabspeed Headers - ESS Tune - Auto Club 1:58.5 - Streets 1:29.9
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."—President Bush; Interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006
Old 05-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Local Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E65,P71 Police Intercept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPark01 View Post
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=529169

Minis have a place on this forum too. Sorry to hear OP.

. 360infiniteusa Angel Eyes . H&R Springs . mObridge AUX Integration .
Old 05-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i 6spd manual
Hey Road Warrior,
Good point. Although I have an E60 now, I still kind of like my E39 name. One day I will get around to changing my name.